Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

markr6

Flashaholic
Couldn't recognize a flashlight in American Horror Story this week. But the guy pulled the light out with a handgun drawn, and instantly my wife goes "bad tint". I died laughing! I'm rubbing off on her even though she has zero interest in the subject. Yes, it was a bad blue CW tint. Well done sweetie :)

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know what the lights are on the helmets in "The Martian"? They have two beams, one appears quite throwy and the other quite floody.

3b93aea3a9ffa216aeaf1fb20c07b6b2.jpg

0726d559e88718fa286ef2488d8911d6.jpg

harm

Newly Enlightened
The theory on the helmet lights from The Martian is basically just a housing with different lights inside on each side of the helmet. Lot of Role Players been doing research (not my scene but I checked because they do good research). Any featurettes from the prop dept focused on the rest of the costume and treated the lights like, "Well there's the lights". sorry.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone tell me what this is? Its from "Air"

its killing me cos it looks like a streamlight, but I dont think it is
23m4heo.png

Crenshaw

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
photoshopped it for a little better clarity. There writing around the front bezel, and it look like a side switch

142zxaa.png

Crenshaw

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I don't know about it being a Streamlight. That overall bezel design doesn't look like an SL to me.

Fi4oBT

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know what flashlights they used in the scorch trials? I want to buy one of those, so if anyone knows tell me

just like me

Banned
- Mine! Or I will help you not!
- I don't want your help. I want my lamp back. I'm gonna need it to get out of this slimy mudhole.
- Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is! Wha-ennnnn...enn...engh! Enh! Enh! Enh!
- Oh, Artoo let him have it.
- Mine! Mine! Mine! MINE!
- Artoo!

h2Prcy6l.jpg

Is this lamp from The Empire Strikes Back identifiable, or just a prop?

Last edited:

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
Last night I went to see 13 HOURS. Excellent flick. Several scenes with flashlights. One scene there is a soldier/contractor dancing with 2 large LED lights (using them like maracas). The US soliders/contractors also had LED lights on their helmets next to their night vision goggles. Also in one scene they were searching for survivors in the embassy through smoke and fire and using a small light.

You know you are beginning the flahaholic disease when you start thinking of these things during the movie.

Would love to know which lights those were!

Latest posts