Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
Here they are again in their new season, Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz from AMERICAN PICKERS. This time they are using what it seems to be Fenix flashlights.
DhIDZL.jpg

Last edited:

wolfgaze

Enlightened
I'm always curious what flashlights Mike & Frank are using when I'm watching episodes of American Pickers... On the most recent episode there was a close up shot of Frank's flashlight... It's a tail-clicky... Can anyone identify this? A Fenix PD 32/35 variant perhaps?

http://i.imgur.com/aN2cRJk.jpg
aN2cRJk.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Actually, it's well-known that whatever flashlights they use; changes literally each episode.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Curse of the Puppet Master (1998)

Near the end of this, let's just say not the best of a series of Puppet Master movies (that would be Puppet Master 3), the young heroine goes out to investigate. Parking her vehicle outside at night, she uses either a black 3D or 4D Maglite to make an absolutely horrifying discovery.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Actually, it's well-known that whatever flashlights they use; changes literally each episode.

Any idea why they would do that? I mean it's not like they ever plug the flashlights they're using (for advertising purposes) or that we ever really get to see them up close... Also, any thoughts on the photo above and what light that might be?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Any idea why they would do that? I mean it's not like they ever plug the flashlights they're using (for advertising purposes) or that we ever really get to see them up close... Also, any thoughts on the photo above and what light that might be?

It's important to keep in mind that each episode we see is likely weeks apart from the last one that was aired. Only exception being their business trip across the Atlantic. (Those were some good episodes.) Clearly neither of the guys is a flashlight enthusiast. So each time they hit the road they grab whatever lights they have close at hand.

As for the pic., it could be one of numerous different models with the same basic design. Just tough to tell from that pic. Sorry.

Atilla

Newly Enlightened
Looking for flashlight from the Alien movie

Hi! I am looking for any tips on the flashlights / searchlights used in the movie Alien (1979). One type was mounted in the ceiling on the Nostromo bridge: https://alienseries.files.wordpress....till99_005.jpg. Another a more portable version:https://embed.gyazo.com/6ab96f4d93e7...2ef113c071.png. The head of the light looks the same in both versions, but the bases differ. Looking at stills from the movie suggest that there is always a cord attached (spiral, maybe to a car battery?), and not cordless/battery powered. Image gallery: http://imgur.com/a/btFjJ

They might have been built specifically for the movie set of course, but if not I don't know any better place to ask for help than here!

The movie was shot in UK, not far from London. I have tried looking into UK manufacturers from the 70s, but so far I have nothing. All tips welcome!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Re: Looking for flashlight from the Alien movie

Unearthed (2007)

In this B-movie horror, in one scene, the young Incredibly alcoholic good-looking female sheriff about to soon lose her job; goes outside to get a working battery out of one vehicle. To put it into another one that is in much better shape, but has a dead battery. While outside at night, with an ancient alien monster likely out there too; she uses what looks like a black Streamlight UltraStinger.

cp2315

Enlightened

some lights from hellboy and maze runner2.
the light in Hellboy is apparently M6. It has shown up in so many movies. Every time it seems so brilliant. I couldn't help but wanting one even I know it is kind of out dated.
28948882774_aba6d26bcf_b.jpg

There are a few random lights in Maze runner2. I don't think I can identify any of them. They all seem to be quite bright.
28948882424_f39fb41223_b.jpg

29493958591_46e86a78ce_b.jpg

28948882564_26baffcc45_b.jpg

28948882574_4759532d1e_b.jpg

tex.proud

Enlightened

So I'm watching "Caddyshack" for the umpteenth time, but the first time I had to rewind, take a pic, and ask the folks here...what light? It's a beast!
IMG_20161017_204442_zps6c1lwizo.jpg

etienne2000

Newly Enlightened

Hello, i see actually on Planete + a documentary Pirate Treasure of The Knights Templar
("Le trésor perdu des Templiers" in french) and when have cave exploration , it always use this flashlight :

Pirate%20Treasure%20of%20The%20Knights%20Templar%204.jpg

It like portable long baton flashlight , the power button seem light when it's on , (sorry, it's the only picture i have found on internet). The flashlight seem to be pro and not cheap .

Sorry for my bad speaking (i speak french ;) )

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I recently re-watched the original Blob with a young Steve McQueen. They were using what appeared to by Eveready Commanders.

Dr Forinor

Enlightened

In the movie Goosebumps, what does Zach use when he goes into the neighbours basement?
It looks like he has to twist the tailcap for constant on, and the only light I know that does that is Surefire.

Anyone shed light on this (no pun intended)?

PartyPete

Enlightened
Lights Out (2016) - the young boy in the movie appears to have a Fenix LD41 to help his fear of the dark.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast

So I'm watching "Caddyshack" for the umpteenth time, but the first time I had to rewind, take a pic, and ask the folks here...what light? It's a beast!
IMG_20161017_204442_zps6c1lwizo.jpg

Looks like a 6-cell Everready Captain with the later plastic switch instead of the old boat switch.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing I've noticed is that whenever you see anyone with a flashlight on screen it's always set to an extremely low output. Otherwise the light would be all we would see... but I know those actors can't see squat on firefly. :)