Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

robostudent5000

Enlightened
Leverage 4/01
"The Long Way Down Job"
2.png

headlamp on the left is a Black Diamond Storm. headlamp on the right is a Black Diamond Spot.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Flashlight used by JJ Abrams in Star Trek. Make and model?

It's a Fenix T1 with a natural finish.

I've seen a better quality version of the same pic.

Actually, it's a Fenix T10 painted white and then weathered.

As in post 35 of this very thread (But my pic wasn't as good).

headers

Newly Enlightened

Actually, it's a Fenix T10 painted white and then weathered.

As in post 35 of this very thread (But my pic wasn't as good).

OK, sorry about being late to the party there. I searched the forum for various combinations of keywords before I posted but the search engine claimed that the words "dr" and "who" are too common to search on and returned no results.

On an unrelated note, how much of a donation do I have to make in dollars or coding time to get a faster server or smarter index? So that I could have found mention of Dr Who on the forums.

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can't think of an intelligent way of searching for those two common words - maybe River Song would have worked?

Your screen cap was way better than mine anyway!

Sadly, the action figure of this character doesn't include the torch! never mind.

Last edited:

NOREAT

Newly Enlightened

In Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008), they have a Surefire M6 (for sure), as well as what looks like a M3 or M4 (maybe).

Quiksilver

Enlightened

In Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008), they have a Surefire M6 (for sure), as well as what looks like a M3 or M4 (maybe).

I saw a SureFire M6 Guardian (Hanna), SureFire C3 Centurion(main actor), and possibly a SureFire 6P or 9P (kid).

Plus whatever headlamps they had.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series ~ "The Unit"

Episode ~ "Misled & Misguided."

In this 2008 episode, the team must find a way to neutralize what they have been led to believe is a recently created anthrax factory. They fly in with no real plan to infiltrate the compound . . . That is, until one of the team checks the PentagonLights weapon-light on his assault rifle. It's the inspiration that their leader needs to come up with a plan at the last minute.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just caught that episode yesterday. But even after watching how they infiltrated, I didn't understand how the light gave the unit leader an idea. What did I miss?

Series ~ "The Unit"

Episode ~ "Misled & Misguided."

In this 2008 episode, the team must find a way to neutralize what they have been led to believe is a recently created anthrax factory. They fly in with no real plan to infiltrate the compound . . . That is, until one of the team checks the PentagonLights weapon-light on his assault rifle. It's the inspiration that their leader needs to come up with a plan at the last minute.

Quiksilver

Enlightened
Yes, indeed the X21 seems to be the '2150A.D.' futuristic type light. 7LEDs are better than 1 right? :)

I wonder, will LED Lenser still cover the warranty 85 million years ago?

And, who do they have to maintain the lights? Who on Terra Nova makes D-cell batteries? :)

Fun show to watch, but I don't like seeing how none of the citizens seem to get their hands dirty. Feels a little contrived without a 'working class' of people who actually do something useful besides doctors/police/military/fruit pickers.

I want some texture of people who dig ditches, clean out latrines, repair solar panels, replace vehicle tires, and who are covered in axle grease and wearing overalls.

The show feels a little skin-deep and superficial in that regard.

Still, they got me hooked with dinosaurs. I'll watch 45 minutes of garbage if I get to see a dinosaur eating things for 5 minutes.

Ajay

Enlightened
Terra Nova - S01E03

At the start, what looked like a LED Lenser X21:

I initially thought they were foxfury :http://www.foxfury.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1&&page=2
but now I see from the amount of LEDs and shape that it does look more like the LED Lenser X21. Nice catch.

Yes, indeed the X21 seems to be the '2150A.D.' futuristic type light. 7LEDs are better than 1 right? :)

And, who do they have to maintain the lights? Who on Terra Nova makes D-cell batteries? :)

Fun show to watch, but I don't like seeing how none of the citizens seem to get their hands dirty. Feels a little contrived without a 'working class' of people who actually do something useful besides doctors/police/military/fruit pickers.

I want some texture of people who dig ditches, clean out latrines, repair solar panels, replace vehicle tires, and who are covered in axle grease and wearing overalls.

Still, they got me hooked with dinosaurs. I'll watch 45 minutes of garbage if I get to see a dinosaur eating things for 5 minutes.

I couldn't agree more.
I hope it gets better but it might be a one season kind of show. I love it how they can shoot the crap out of a "slasher" and it just runs away without dying. Are they shooting pellets?

Anyway I will definitely be paying more attention to the lights from now on.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sadly, the action figure of this character doesn't include the torch! never mind.

STOP PRESS!!!!

Just seen the new action figure of this character from Dr Who. It has the flashlight!

This must be a whole new area of obsession, what other action figures come with replica flashlights. Take a look:

6282269065_b0eb3131c7_z.jpg

Admittedly the facial likeness isn't too great and does Ms. Kingston no favours, but the torch decidedly looks like a t10 sprayed white!

I may have to get this even though I don't collect action figures. (I can always give it to my 8yr old son instead)

I'll post a close up if we get it.

PS - didn't the X-Files action figures have flashlights with Mulder and Scully??

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast

STOP PRESS!!!!

Just seen the new action figure of this character from Dr Who. It has the flashlight!

This must be a whole new area of obsession, what other action figures come with replica flashlights. Take a look:

Admittedly the facial likeness isn't too great and does Ms. Kingston no favours, but the torch decidedly looks like a t10 sprayed white!

I may have to get this even though I don't collect action figures. (I can always give it to my 8yr old son instead)

PS - didn't the X-Files action figures have flashlights with Mulder and Scully??

Yup :D.

Fox Mulder action figure with alien and flashlight (top right of the package). Strangely, the Scully-figures on this page have cell phones. All the Mulder ones have flashlights.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yup :D.

Fox Mulder action figure with alien and flashlight (top right of the package). Strangely, the Scully-figures on this page have cell phones. All the Mulder ones have flashlights.

Ah yes, the humble cell phone - I guess they used them as much as the flashlights in the show - try to get a dramatic beam of light from them though...

Also, to many 'normal' people, the light from a cellphone is their only portable light source - I'm sure I have heard tales of people trapped by power cuts in tunnels using them to escape.

Quiksilver

Enlightened

Ah yes, the humble cell phone - I guess they used them as much as the flashlights in the show - try to get a dramatic beam of light from them though...

Also, to many 'normal' people, the light from a cellphone is their only portable light source - I'm sure I have heard tales of people trapped by power cuts in tunnels using them to escape.

Whenever I head down to the ocean at night, there are people fishing from the river mouth/pier/beach. Most are using cell-phone light to see and bait hooks, tie lines and other fishing chores.

Actually it was only a few years ago (2008-2009) that I was first getting into preparedness. I remember downloading a 'Flashlight' app for my iPhone and being impressed at the light it put out.

Times change fast.

AutoTech

Enlightened

STOP PRESS!!!!

Hope it's a warm tint! Wonder if it'll take a p60 drop in, someone measured the draw at the tailcap yet? :D

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hope it's a warm tint! Wonder if it'll take a p60 drop in, someone measured the draw at the tailcap yet? :D

I'm not even sure it comes off her belt - it may be her compulsory EDC!

Still, decent runtimes though.