Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

mr.lumen

Enlightened
the skin i live in.

a great movie i just saw, and guess what lights in it? the olight sr90!!! awesome :)

nathan225

Newly Enlightened
Re: the skin i live in.

wow that is cool I love when you can spot good lights in movies and tv shows . I find my self always looking when I am watching tv to see what kind of lights they are using

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

wow that is cool I love when you can spot good lights in movies and tv shows . I find my self always looking when I am watching tv to see what kind of lights they are using
same here, i think they really use Surefires a lot in movies, but then again they have huge budgets

mr.lumen

Enlightened

Yes they do! I was kinda surprised when I saw that 450 dollar light in the movie. I figured there must have been a gaffer who was a flashaholic and made the movie buy the light and provably kept it for himself haha!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes they do! I was kinda surprised when I saw that 450 dollar light in the movie. I figured there must have been a gaffer who was a flashaholic and made the movie buy the light and provably kept it for himself haha!

i bet youre right about the gaffer hahah

Last edited by a moderator:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series - "Police Women Of Dallas"

Episode - "He Bleedin."

(Yes, that is the title of the episode.) In this episode, Mia and Sara pull over the nicest drunken Day Laborer in the world. Very calm, very out of it. What follows is a comedy of errors, on his end, as the two young police women try to see if he's legally intoxicated. (He is.)

As one of them approaches the driver's side window, she's holding a big, black, 6D M@glite in her hands.

yliu

Enlightened
James Bond: Skyfall (2012)

Toward the end of the movie, when James Bond, M and Bond's gamekeeper (old man) fight's the villain in their old house in Scotland. M and Bond's gamekeeper escapes through a tunnel. In that scene, you can see that a Surefire M4 Devestator is used from the facts that it's incandescent, it has a crenelated bezel and a thin body tube.

lewisa

Newly Enlightened

Toward the end of the movie, when James Bond, M and Bond's gamekeeper (old man) fight's the villain in their old house in Scotland. M and Bond's gamekeeper escapes through a tunnel. In that scene, you can see that a Surefire M4 Devestator is used from the facts that it's incandescent, it has a crenelated bezel and a thin body tube.

I supplied 3 x M6 with MN21's to B23 Ltd for the Skyfall Production. Didn't supply any M4's.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw part of Rob Zombie's Halloween II last night and at one point a cop is standing guard with a rifle on a porch, and it looked to me like a Surefire M6 mounted to the rifle barrel.

Then later, I saw part of the old Stephan King movie Silver Bullet and a cop was looking around in a garage in the dark with an old vintage chrome flashlight...was likely a two cell Rayovac Sportsman.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Punisher. War Zone (2008)

Not the wildly hyped version featuring John Travolta and Hugh Jackman. This one came out four years later and features B-list stars such as "Newman" from Seinfeld, the Black commander of the Umbrella team from the first Resident Evil film, and the female lead in the last Rambo movie. ("Darla" from "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" series.) One of the bad guys looks a lot like Glenn Quinn (also from "Angel") but he died of a drug overdose in 2002.

It does feature a Punisher far closer to the muscular version from the comic books though.

In one scene, the Punisher hands over either a SureFire 9P or black SureFire G3 w/ clicky tailcap switch (that, or they put in the click sound in post-production) to a little girl who is very special to him. (She's the daughter of the undercover agent that the Punisher shot in the warehouse by mistake.)

Last edited:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love Kate Beckett. She had this light in last night's Castle. Can anyone ID it?

VLC.png

GunnarGG

Enlightened

Whatever light it was it seemed to me that it was rather dim when they where in the tunnel and then out on the field it was much brighter and the light on the ground was seen from a long distance.

lewisa

Newly Enlightened
Believe me, they are M6. Believe me not least because they wanted 3 and we only had 1 in stock, so the others had to come from the personal collection leaving me without an M6 :(

I appreciate it may be a bit wierd for someone with no posting history to lay such claims, so here is the obligatory 'production finished' letter requesting final invoices (Ive redacted it to avoid breaking CFP advertising rules)...

Link removed.

Another sneak preview for you to keep an eye on is the helmet lights in Gravity due in 2013 starring Clooney and Bullock - all made with P60s.

Last edited by a moderator:

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Sorry if I was unclear.
I wasn't questioning what light it was, I didn't notice it at all when I saw the movie.

What i was talking about was the beam that to me seemed dim in the tunnel and bright out on the field.

Xacto

Enlightened
Sorry if I was unclear.
I wasn't questioning what light it was, I didn't notice it at all when I saw the movie.

What i was talking about was the beam that to me seemed dim in the tunnel and bright out on the field.

Saw the movie yesterday evening - highly recommended. Regarding the scene in the field, I wouldm't be surprised if that was either CGI or the result of the set/scene being shot in the darkness vs. the tunnel set being a set with set lightning.

Cheers
Thorsten

Raze

Enlightened
Punisher. War Zone (2008)

Not the wildly hyped version featuring John Travolta and Hugh Jackman. This one came out four years later and features B-list stars such as "Newman" from Seinfeld, the Black commander of the Umbrella team from the first Resident Evil film, and the female lead in the last Rambo movie. ("Darla" from "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" series.) One of the bad guys looks a lot like Glenn Quinn (also from "Angel") but he died of a drug overdose in 2002.

It does feature a Punisher far closer to the muscular version from the comic books though.

In one scene, the Punisher hands over either a SureFire 9P or black SureFire G3 w/ clicky tailcap switch (that, or they put in the click sound in post-production) to a little girl who is very special to him. (She's the daughter of the undercover agent that the Punisher shot in the warehouse by mistake.)

It's what the Punisher said when he gave the girl the light that makes the scene meaningful:

Girl: You're standing in my light.
Frank Castle: [hands her the G3] Here you go, for the next time someone is standing in your light.

Anyway, a flashlight that looks like the likes of an SF M6 gets major airtime in the Silent Hill: Revelation movie. Can someone ID it?

Beam looks throwy, and post-production makes it look really warm. There was a good example of why wrist lanyards are important for a flashlight that is essentially a very important tool that gets you through the Darkness.