Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

HunterMack

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I am trying to locate this particular Flashlight.

It was used in the 2010 HellBoy Movie.

Can anyone help ? I suspect it's very discontinued now :)

Unfortunately this is the best image I could get.

I appreciate your help, folks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shriker

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone else find it a little embarrasing that the characters in a film like Alien: Covenant, set 87 years in the future, are using a huge 7 LED flashlight that's clearly putting out no more light than a well amped single XML-2 light from today?

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I saw Jon Snow using a torch in several episodes of Game of Thrones... Not sure what the make or model was though...

:twothumbs

(Ba-dum *tiss*)

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
A while back I sold one of my NIB Maglites from 1990 to a Prop master working on AMC's Halt and Catch Fire. Well the episode finally aired! Here's a few pics of the 5D Maglite:

wpAogNN.jpg

htvEnXr.jpg

MSUHDFd.jpg

I also did a full write up on the scene on my blog at: http://maglitehistory.blogspot.com/2017/09/amc-tv-halt-and-catch-fire-5d-light.html

Driftermickh

Newly Enlightened
Question. On the TV show "Kindred Spirits", I see the 2 host using, large, camping (?)
style lights. They look a lot like those lights on wires from the 60s or 70s. Party style
lights? Any how, any one have any idea who makes or sells this light? I'm lost on this
one...

Drifter...

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been trying to catch up on the CW world of DC Superheroes (I have scores of episodes to catch up to present episodes!) and was watching 'SUPERGIRL' Series 1, Episode 8 'Bizzarro' and I spotted this:

39059516791_b58ef7942c_c.jpg

Being used as a Sci-Fi remote control doohickey. To trigger the flow of a black liquid giving Supergirl's double life and consciousness.

39059516361_8ffe776e62_c.jpg

No Light was emitted, but lots of dramatic music!

39059516541_6cb73db3fd_c.jpg

I'm sure this was the Chinese 18650 knock off of the 'Gatling-Gun' light that was around several years ago. I used to have one, but gave it away. It had a white light in a few modes out the front, and some flashy multi-coloured 5mm led on the rings.

Anyone remember who manufactured it? Or indeed the name of the expensive light it was based on???