Folomov EDC C1 V 2 discussion

Nichia!

Banned
I can't get it out of my head until I buy 6-10 pieces of this light

All of that because of the Nichia LED inside and nothing more!!

bmengineer

Newly Enlightened
I can't get it out of my head until I buy 6-10 pieces of this light

All of that because of the Nichia LED inside and nothing more!!
If all you want is E21A I think the jetbeam lights Virence is selling are probably a better bet. Especially if you're buying half a dozen of them, something with no standby drain would be preferable I would think.
I want one functioning C1, but I don't really think I need 6.

Nichia!

Banned
I have 2 Jetbeam aaa one is stock and the other I modified with nichia B

I want this light because it can use 10440 and it has switch and I really like stock lights

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the C1 is a cute little light, it feels great in hand, I like the coated brass.. small and elegant. Very useful brightness levels (except the low was 2 lumens instead 0.5 on mine)

I like that the clip works on a hat.

I stopped carrying my C1 after it turned on in pocket a few times. I gave mine away after finding it dead on my nightstand repeatedly (high standby drain, or just me not recharging often enough?)

about the LED
I like the 3200k E21a that Folomov is using, although I would like it even more if it was a bit more pink ;-). It is still very good as a nightstand tint.

About the UI
Im glad the wave mode sequence is now LMH

I still do not like than moonlight cannot be memorized, and still dislike hold for off

UI details:
1. it wont memorize moonlight (I hate mode memory, so I always shortcut to moon, but on the folomov, after moon it can jump to a higher memorized mode.. pretty much ruins the UI for me)

2. hold for off (I often screw this up and ramp a mode by single click when intending to turn off)

3. UI is not muggle friendly, I wont gift this light to a non flashoholic. It makes no sense that the On command is not the same as the off command.

4. I like that it has a strobe option (for crossing the street).. but would have preferred it to be from single triple click. (would require moving lockout to quadclick)

5. The tactical mode option is very entertaining (for a flashoholic that enjoys learning new clicky codes), but for this battery size, totally impractical.

question
How many lumens is the moonlight on the latest C1?

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
question
How many lumens is the moonlight on the latest C1?

Might have to measure several to get an accurate answer to that question, if they vary as much as my 2 Pen L1 samples - 1 is much lower than the ML on my Sofirn SF02 and 1 is slightly higher than the SF02. The other mode levels appear to be pretty similar, though slightly different tints at all output levels.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
If all you want is E21A I think the jetbeam lights Virence is selling are probably a better bet.

Clemence stated he doesn't intend to sell the modified light anymore but he is selling the kit (LED mounted on a 10mm MCPCB, plus a compatible TIR optic). He also suggested in the past the same kit is compatible with the Fenix E05.