• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Share: Surefire M6 bezel removal tool

Superdave

Enlightened
Socom and I made this little video showing how we did it today. The only thing i'll add is that we had pre-heated the bezel before the video and loosened the glue to avoid video failure.

The tool worked great!

Video tags added - Norm

Thanks Norm

Last edited:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tool is boxed up and ready for whoever is next in line. Whoever that is, please pm me for my paypal addy and your address. The cost is 5.00 for shipping.

It is a Fantastic tool and a real privilege to be a part of this pass-around.

Dbleznak, it looks like you're up. I'm waiting...:popcorn:

PM sent anyway.

Last edited:

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
Thank for sending the tool on its merry way. Good luck with your science experiment dbleznak. :)

dbleznak

Enlightened
M6 bezel tool arrived safe and sound to my powerless home (due to ice storm) and as I opened the package, the lights turned on! Now, I need to get my heat gun and strap wrench from Home Depot today at lunch. Any brand suggestions on the heat gun? I'm looking at old Millewalke. Tonight, after I do the dishes and take out the trash, smoke a cig, then it's on like Donkey Kong! From the hours of 9:30 - 11-30 pm , call me Bezel King!!!!

dbleznak

Enlightened
Mission Accomplished!!!! (Pics to follow). 1 black KT1 head and 1 gray KT4 head. Millewalke 1000 degree heat gun, a table vice and Steve's tool. Didn't even need the strap wrench. Bing, bang, boom, and I've got 2 new RPM Ti Bezels in under an hour!

Steve in SoCal - PM me with the Tools next destination and I'll get her out via fedex from the office Monday (I'll put it on the company fedex account 😉)

Thank you, this has been such a pleasure and much fun as well.

It has been an honor,

Dan

Last edited:

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
Congrats, awesome news. Definitely post some pics if you can.

If anyone else is interested in using the tool please let me know. Otherwise it will be coming back to its home base until the next request.

dbleznak

Enlightened
Not too shabby

ydapybyn.jpg
epa3uman.jpg
2erepy4y.jpg

Couldn't have done it without you

Last edited:

dbleznak

Enlightened
Man those crenelated bezels look awesome! Do I see a couple LED drop in's in the lights?

Yes, 2 XM-L2 (S6, and T4 5C1)brass towers built by CPFer named Shrike. Single mode direct drive with incredible beam profile. The Ti bezels and tail-caps are from RPM- (some of the finest machining around). Thanks for noticing.

Dan

Last edited:

horizonseeker

Enlightened
I would like to borrow this tool to open up a new M3 head I just received.

Actually if anyone knows for certain if FM's D36 G4 reflector set will fit into the M3 head (got the idea after seeing nailbender's thread for his D36 LED), it may save some mailing.