Foursevens Mini Mark II

icharry

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine in the mail... I'm sort of a flashaholic noob - this is to replace my 10(?) year old Maratac AAA EDC. Should I do anything - grease the threads, charge the battery 1st (or is it already charged), anything?

Also am I correct in reading the instructions that a regular CR123A battery will actually give it longer runtimes in the lower modes?

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no experience with PVD on threads, but I would guess that it is similar to anodization on threads, which generally helps a lot.

Alright, you two - it's time to turn in your CPF membership cards. :poke:

No way that is going to happen! :laughing: Just trying to stay on budget :broke:

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not trying to be negative here, but I'm wondering why FourSevens has chosen to put a neutral LED in a limited/"exotic finish" light - especially given the multiple requests in the FourSevens subforum for more neutral lights.

What sense does does it make to put the much requested neutral LED in an expensive "one off " (in this case, "four offs") instead of just the standard black AL light? if they don't sell out, how easy will it be to say "See, we offered neutral lights again and they didn't sell as well as the cool LED lights...?"

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Not trying to be negative here, but I'm wondering why FourSevens has chosen to put a neutral LED in a limited/"exotic finish" light - especially given the multiple requests in the FourSevens subforum for more neutral lights.

What sense does does it make to put the much requested neutral LED in an expensive "one off " (in this case, "four offs") instead of just the standard black AL light? if they don't sell out, how easy will it be to say "See, we offered neutral lights again and they didn't sell as well as the cool LED lights...?"
I have to wonder how much of an issue they will really have getting these lights sold. Do we know how many they are producing?

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cheap, bright lights sell well to the general public, so they will opt for the cheapest finish with the highest lumen spec. Neutral, warm, high CRI tints and exotic finishes sell to flashoholics and collectors, who are a small portion of the market. As I understand it, David doesn't like to sell warmer emitters because he can't sell enough volume to make it worthwhile and, to me, pairing them seems a logical way of ensuring sales of neutral emitters.

Haz

Enlightened
Does anyone know whether the 360 degree headlamp kit is compatible with the Mini Mark II or the limited edition Mini Mark II?

thanks
Haz

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know whether the 360 degree headlamp kit is compatible with the Mini Mark II or the limited edition Mini Mark II?

thanks
Haz

I
haven't tried this yet with the 360 headlamp mount and the new Mini Mark II.

However, the 360 mount certainly worked with the old Mini (using an O-ring as the spacer/gripper) and the new Mark II has the same barrel diameter, as far as I can tell. If it is off by a few microns, then the O-ring will make up the difference.

So I cannot be absolutely confident that it will work, but I am very confident.

Sandmage

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone had any experience with the Ti version? If so, how is the threading? Really wish they had the neutral tint on the black Al version as well...

craniotes

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone had any experience with the Ti version? If so, how is the threading? Really wish they had the neutral tint on the black Al version as well...
I have it. Verdict: Looks great/threads suck. Tint is okay, but there's definitely some green evident on low.

I also have the aluminum version, which is perfect in every way, provided you're into a CW tint.

Regards,
Adam

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my Autumn PVD copper Mini Mk II today. Just been playing with it a bit but here are my impressions. Tint is OK, not the best neutral I have but I am partial to slighly warmer color temp. Finish is excellent and the threads seem to be fine and of course it feels heavy due to the copper body. Beam is pretty much like the Olight S1/SMini but brighter with the supplied li-ion.With a CR123 it doesn't seem quite as bright as the SMini. I think the clip is a good design but it doesn't work for me on the Mini Mk II so I replaced it with the lanyard attachment and migrated the clip to my Smini where it fits perfectly.Still getting used to the UI but I like the fact it has options. If there were an aluminum neutral version I would consider it for EDC but this one will probably not see much carry time with the xtra weight and being a limited edition.

7hns

Newly Enlightened
Can you get the mk2 in titanium without the combo? Are there any pricing specials for the holidays? Anyone have this vs the Fenix e15?

defbear

Newly Enlightened
I bought the original CW Black model and like it. Light weight, super bright and smooth twisty action. I bought the Autumn Copper and bead blasted Titanium models as soon as they came out. The Copper is markedly heavier than the other two. The threads on the Copper are smooth. Perhaps they feel a bit slow. But smooth. Yes the Titanium threads feel tight. Not real gritty. Ok, smooth but quite hard to turn. I tried lightly lubricating the threads with NyoGel and the later really gooping up the threads. Helped. On the Titanium, I removed the o-ring and the action did not get better or smoother. If I press in a bit on the head while twisting it's much smoother. So an employee of mine gets the Titanium one for Christmas :) I play string instruments and have at least medium strong hands and fingers. In a practical sense this is a two handed light. Once twisted on, the head clinches up and needs more pressure to twist off. Changing outputs reliably with one hand works best on the black version. The Copper I can turn on and off. Titanium? Glad I could turn it on with one hand. Many times need two hands to twist it off.
The tint on both NW were identical. I do not see any green with mine. I have enough XP-L's to know what green is. (I think)

7hns

Newly Enlightened
I e mailed FourSevens asking, that very question. I haven't received a reply. Let us know if you obtain the answer. Thanks.

~ Chance

Agreed.A lot of money for the combo and the 1000 lumens is only for 15 seconds and then you are done, so what is the point? Great little light, absolutely, but the other options for body is appealing.

MKLight

Enlightened
I bought the original CW Black model and like it. Light weight, super bright and smooth twisty action. I bought the Autumn Copper and bead blasted Titanium models as soon as they came out. The Copper is markedly heavier than the other two. The threads on the Copper are smooth. Perhaps they feel a bit slow. But smooth. Yes the Titanium threads feel tight. Not real gritty. Ok, smooth but quite hard to turn. I tried lightly lubricating the threads with NyoGel and the later really gooping up the threads. Helped. On the Titanium, I removed the o-ring and the action did not get better or smoother. If I press in a bit on the head while twisting it's much smoother. So an employee of mine gets the Titanium one for Christmas :) I play string instruments and have at least medium strong hands and fingers. In a practical sense this is a two handed light. Once twisted on, the head clinches up and needs more pressure to twist off. Changing outputs reliably with one hand works best on the black version. The Copper I can turn on and off. Titanium? Glad I could turn it on with one hand. Many times need two hands to twist it off.
The tint on both NW were identical. I do not see any green with mine. I have enough XP-L's to know what green is. (I think)

I have the bead blasted Ti, too. I like the build quality. It looks more expensive then it is. In use, like you mentioned, it's not user friendly. It is a twisty, but to get it to reliably (90% of the time) switch modes, you have to partially twist and push to get the mode you want. I may try the aluminum version, but will see if I can exchange or return the Ti. It's disappointing...and I usually like their selection and have several of their lights, as well as duplicates of some. Also, I agree with your comments regarding tint. I generally like it.

Best regards,
MK

Last edited:

defbear

Newly Enlightened
So I bought another TI. The Rainbow one. The threads on this one are not as 'tight'. This one operates not much worse than the aluminum black one. I'm pretty pleased. The person who received the bead blasted one I had, has been using it all over the shop. No one told him titanium was more grindy to twist so he just twists it fine with one hand. Everything always comes down to Point of View. My POV is that I like pretty much all the flashlights I've discovered on CPF. Thanks everybody :)