Foursevens Mini Mark II

MKLight

Enlightened
So I bought another TI. The Rainbow one. The threads on this one are not as 'tight'. This one operates not much worse than the aluminum black one. I'm pretty pleased. The person who received the bead blasted one I had, has been using it all over the shop. No one told him titanium was more grindy to twist so he just twists it fine with one hand. Everything always comes down to Point of View. My POV is that I like pretty much all the flashlights I've discovered on CPF. Thanks everybody :)

Very true!!

7hns

Newly Enlightened
Anyone here have an extra pocket clip they would like to part with?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Cheap, bright lights sell well to the general public, so they will opt for the cheapest finish with the highest lumen spec. Neutral, warm, high CRI tints and exotic finishes sell to flashoholics and collectors, who are a small portion of the market. As I understand it, David doesn't like to sell warmer emitters because he can't sell enough volume to make it worthwhile and, to me, pairing them seems a logical way of ensuring sales of neutral emitters.

Yup. He has said it over and over again. People on the forums complain about no NW/W/HCRI but then he can't sell enough to warrant the effort. I have one NW old 1XAA Mini and a CW 2XAA. Both are good and would consider buying a Mark 2 regardless of tint as the older ones have worked for me over the years without issue.

spc

Enlightened
Anyone ever have trouble changing modes with this light? I've never had a 47s light, this is my first and sometimes the modes jump around when changing..

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. You must be very deliberate and quick at changing modes, and even then mine tends to skip moonlight mode frequently. I've had many 47's lights, and this is by far the worst at mode skipping I've owned. It's annoying at best.

Yes. You must be very deliberate and quick at changing modes, and even then mine tends to skip moonlight mode frequently. I've had many 47's lights, and this is by far the worst at mode skipping I've owned. It's annoying at best.

No more so than when you're showing it off to non-flashohalic friends. :hairpull:

~ Chance

defbear

Newly Enlightened
I have Black, Autumn, Raw Copper and Rainbow Titanium. I must like these. Yes thay do skip around on the mode changing. Gotta be fast and firm in your twist :) I like the fact that the memory mode is rock solid. I can set it how I want and know for sure it will be at that level whe I want it.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have Black, Autumn, Raw Copper and Rainbow Titanium. I must like these. Yes thay do skip around on the mode changing. Gotta be fast and firm in your twist :) I like the fact that the memory mode is rock solid. I can set it how I want and know for sure it will be at that level whe I want it.

...as long as you unscrew the head 1/2 turn before you put it in your pocket.

spc

Enlightened
Glad it's not just me.. I did find that it is much more reliable with a regular cr123. Maybe the battery has something to do with it..

MKLight

Enlightened
Glad it's not just me.. I did find that it is much more reliable with a regular cr123. Maybe the battery has something to do with it..

Interesting. I thought it was just me or possibly the Ti model. I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one...

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah the light needs an unusually short OFF-ON sequence for reliable mode switching - two hand operation with bezel buried so as to not blind yourself.

Mojer

Newly Enlightened
How does the beam pattern of this light compare to the Mini ML? Is it more or less floody? Thanks!

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does the beam pattern of this light compare to the Mini ML? Is it more or less floody? Thanks!

More floody. It has a larger hot spot with very wide spill without the abrupt "cutoff" like the reflector in the ML has.

Last edited:

Mojer

Newly Enlightened
More floody. It has a larger hot spot with very wide spill without the abrupt "cutoff" like the reflector in the ML has.

Thanks.....would you say that, despite it being more floody, it throws further than the previous ML due to the fact that it has a higher lumen rating?

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks.....would you say that, despite it being more floody, it throws further than the previous ML due to the fact that it has a higher lumen rating?

It's hard to say since I haven't compared them side-by-side, but I would estimate that it does. It's a huge area of light, but reaches out fairly well just on sheer output. Keep in mind that the high output is time-limited, however.

bugout

Newly Enlightened
Hi, All. Just checking in, as a new Mini Mk II owner. I got the bead-blasted titanium and I'm really happy with it. Mine skips modes, too, if I'm not "deliberate" in the twisting. After lubing with some Finish Line Extreme Fluoro (krytox), things are smoother.

Here's a trick for you... From on, untwist the head to where it just turns off, then squeeze the light to change modes very quickly. Works great.

speculate

Newly Enlightened
I'm surprised theres not more discussion on this light.
Is there anything else out there that is this small and outputs this many lumens?

android

Newly Enlightened
Just got the rainbow ti version, and while it's beautiful, am having some thread issues. The threads are really grindy, and I can not turn in with one hand. Also, because they are so stiff, I can't change the modes reliably. Any ideas on how to fix, or is it a lost cause?