Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

Burgess

Flashaholic
Great thread here !

lovecpf

I'm a BIG fan of the Quarks,
in 2xAA size.

Would love to see something
with the Latest / Greatest emitters !

Note --
I am more concerned with
Long Runtime, than with HIGH Output !

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Bring back the original Quark Pro and Tactical line. Maybe do some kinda update but nothing "smart". Just update it to increase the outputs/runtimes XHP-50/tints etc etc etc etc but bring um back. Also some more tint options would be nice.

thesnark17

Newly Enlightened
+100 on the 18650 bodies for Quarks. That would make it the perfect compact all-around platform. Anti-roll heads are an excellent idea too.

pomah

Newly Enlightened
Return of the quark with the pro and tac interface if possible, with updated leds and 18650 support
+1

Most important feature is the selection of mods without turning the light on, so twist head and turn is mod1, tight head and turn on is mod2. Neutral LED, exclusive material and so on are for other people. Aluminum with AR glass less lens is good enough for me, I could even think of having it in a polymer body. But small and 18650 support, or even 20700 would be amazing!

ronniepudding

Enlightened
1xAA Mini Mk II (or Mk III?) would be great with Nichia 219... also reprise the Atom A0 keychain light (Ti, 219) with a progressive interface like the rest of the Atom line. And whether or not the old Quark interfaces can be brought back, make new Quarks compatible with old Quark bodies, tail caps, etc.

Cato

Newly Enlightened
This:
"Risking going way too far into flashlight geek mode, I have some parts on order to build another QTA "lego style." It will use the Tactical Quark Turbo head (800 lumens max) in combination with a single high current AW 14500 LiMn battery. If you look at post #13 in this thread (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...evens-Quark-Tactical-QT2L-X-Burst-Mode-review), you will see a run time/output chart for this configuration; 750 lumens to start, tapering down to 420 lumens after 2 minutes and holding that output for another 22 minutes before depleting the battery. That's some serious light in a small package."

Make it thyrm 2.0 compatible and be done with the best tactical edc light

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also bring back the 1XAA mini and other options in that form factor.
Yes. Plus One. Bring back the Quark Mini's

Once I was considering a Preon P1 Copper purchase, but never pulled a trigger because of:

1. PWM;
2. No high CRI option.

At the same time aesthetically it is perfect.
Here's what good PWM should look like, Enjoy.
These PWM drivers have better CRI and tint at lower outputs than a Current Regulated driver.

PreonPWM_800.jpg

Mill321

Newly Enlightened
1xAA Mini Mk II (or Mk III?) would be great with Nichia 219... also reprise the Atom A0 keychain light (Ti, 219) with a progressive interface like the rest of the Atom line. And whether or not the old Quark interfaces can be brought back, make new Quarks compatible with old Quark bodies, tail caps, etc.

I agree with ronniepudding:
+1 on making Atom A0 titanium (Nichia 219) with progressive interface, like it's larger siblings in the Atom Line.
+1 on making new Quarks physically compatible with the old legacy Quarks.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for those who don't know:

Regarding the Quark Pro and Tactical user interface, and I am at least as big a fan as anyone of those, it can't come back. Suefire closed the door on that in their legal settlement with FourSevens. The head twist is not going to change the brightness of the light.

But I would be all for a thread-compatible series with a new and innovative interface. Maybe like the Quark Click, but with a more open, user programmable interface. Pick how many modes, 1 to 5 (plus possible blinkies, if you have to) and which ones if less than 5, ascending or descending, with memory or with a default mode - say lowest when ascending brightness and highest when descending brightness. I'd buy that in a heartbeat! Lego ready!

Maybe it could have a few popular pre-set interfaces for the masses, plus a "full programmable" interface for, you know, REAL men.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for those who don't know:

Regarding the Quark Pro and Tactical user interface, and I am at least as big a fan as anyone of those, it can't come back. Suefire closed the door on that in their legal settlement with FourSevens. The head twist is not going to change the brightness of the light.

But I would be all for a thread-compatible series with a new and innovative interface. Maybe like the Quark Click, but with a more open, user programmable interface. Pick how many modes, 1 to 5 (plus possible blinkies, if you have to) and which ones if less than 5, ascending or descending, with memory or with a default mode - say lowest when ascending brightness and highest when descending brightness. I'd buy that in a heartbeat! Lego ready!

Maybe it could have a few popular pre-set interfaces for the masses, plus a "full programmable" interface for, you know, REAL men.
And for those that have never owned one, the threads on the tailcaps had their anodizing removed to disable tailcap lockout.

What about all the old foursevens patents for lights like the Maelstrom X7 with progressive outputs?

X7!? Yes, please! One Neutral and one Cool White, both 18650 compatible, with morning coffee.

Is the progressive output function something Foursevens could offer, sans legal issues with Suefire?

~ Chance
AaldJvb.jpg

SKV89

Enlightened
My Wish List:
No PWM
4000k Neutral for indoor night time EDC
80+ CRI latest gen Cree emitters. 90 CRI versions have ugly green tint.
AA or rechargeable 18650 so I can buy a bunch for gifts to non flashaholics.

pomah

Newly Enlightened
And for those that have never owned one, the threads on the tailcaps had their anodizing removed to disable tailcap lockout.

What about all the old foursevens patents for lights like the Maelstrom X7 with progressive outputs?

Head twist to select mode is used on other lights, http://www.sunwayman-usa.com/sunwayman-m11r-natural.html, http://eagletac.com/html/p25lc2/index.html

In general the possibility to select mode without the light being on, and program the light to use customizable modes is a must. The tactician from surefire is really just like my QT2l-x but with no programming. Elzetta is using twist tail cap to choose modes, that is off the table as well?

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Head twist to select mode is used on other lights, http://www.sunwayman-usa.com/sunwayman-m11r-natural.html, http://eagletac.com/html/p25lc2/index.html

In general the possibility to select mode without the light being on, and program the light to use customizable modes is a must. The tactician from surefire is really just like my QT2l-x but with no programming. Elzetta is using twist tail cap to choose modes, that is off the table as well?
I agree. I think they built the Tactician upon the QT2L-X's characteristics also.
I have hope to see what comes in the future :).

Edit: Also the X7 does not employ the contact of the body and head to employ the brightness changes,
but a series of contacts within the head, so maybe if the anodizing on the threads were to be removed? :shrug:
Finger Crossed
fingers-crossed-emoji35.gif

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like simple lights. 1x and 2x aa, aaa and cr123. Typically with a 2-3modes including a max brigtness and a low mode. Strobe/flash isnt necessary. Rock solid durability and waterproofness are. As are dirt tough forward clickies.