• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

TheFraz

Enlightened
Updated the 2nd post with a waiting list. I will edit it to reflect the desired models as well.

I've ordered components for some of the special requests, so some may be a bit out of order waiting on these components.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put me on the list...not sure I want a Big E or the 18650. Only have 123's and 18650's...not sure I want another battery type, but, that Big E looks great. Emitter to be determined. Love my 3-4K's though.

nbp

Flashaholic
I would like to get on the list for a cute little 18350. Thanks Fraz!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just located my "original" (?) design from 2012 and, works like a charm! Please put me in for an 18350 with 5000K!!!

Karl

nightshade

Enlightened
Yes they are water resistant. I've tested them to 5-gallon bucket depth, but I'm going to get the seals working to below 20 feet with 50 feet for an hour as a goal. My old model was capable of 80+ feet, but every time I make a new unit with a new optic new testing has to be done. I haven't had a chance to test deep in a lake yet. That will be the end of this month.

Salt water is a good test! I'll make a salt solution and post how it works out with a 24 hour test (it should hold up just fine...there won't be any important exposed parts)

Thanks so much for the testing! I almost jumped on the 18350, but I'm surrounded by brine :)

TheFraz

Enlightened
If the 18650 is indeed 43mm wide, I'll just limit my self to the 18350 tiny nugget. Thanks.

Yes, the new Lumenite 26350/18650 engine is roughly the same width as the old 26650 light (the Qzark). The reason for the width of the old light is because of how the light engine functioned and the piston assembly needing to be located on the outer edges of the light engine. The newer models have a much better design allowing me to use bigger, more efficient optics. So now the old optic used in the Qzark I've been able to use in the Tiny Nugget, keeping a narrow profile and not wasting space. And the bigger lights use much nicer optics.

Here is a pic comparing the Lumenite on the left vs the old engine on the right:
UWN01zR.jpg