• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fred Pilon PhontonFanatic Picture Thread

grayhighh

Enlightened
It's a twisty, am i right ?

Here is a little bit of custom joy that Fred made for me!
e134b09c.jpg

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Texas Poker, I designed it to mimic the lines of a Leupold scope, Fred perfected it. I sent him a 1"x5" bar of grade 23 Ti that I'd had for more than a decade, this is what he sent back. My idea was to have the copper fins exposed to rid the light of heat, since Ti isn't known for being really good at that, so virtually the entire head is copper inside, from the bezel down to about half way of the tapered section, as well as a copper pill, copper star, and 5000K Nichia 219. She runs on Hi at around 1A, with a very low Lo that's great in those certain situations. Fred introduced me to Solid Works, yet another area he excels at...the entire experience was one to treasure, and this little jewel will ride around me neck for a long time to come. Oh, did I forget to mention it's powered by a 10440 and is 3" long? :)

DBC_May 04, 2013_120500 by genie in a black box, on Flickr

DBC_May 04, 2013_121353 by genie in a black box, on Flickr

The beautiful heart of red gold, did I mention that Fred is a genious?

Texas Poker Heat Sink by genie in a black box, on Flickr

At 30 yds. Wonderful beam on this light, very surprising!

DBC_April 29, 2013_220103 by genie in a black box, on Flickr

Daily worn and used, for 3 months now. Loving it! And Fred truly is a genious! He made this from the left-over piece of my Ti bar...

Photon Fanatic Pill Fob Collage by genie in a black box, on Flickr

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt, it was designed totally by Fred to fulfill my request for a pill fob for my wife. Now that she's had a hysterectomy she no longer suffers migraines but she will hardly even let me look at it, carries it empty and loves it just the same! lol

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fred makes such wonderful, functional, works of art with his lights!

Here is a little bit of custom joy that Fred made for me!
e134b09c.jpg
That is a beauty wyldthng!

Hope you don't mind a few questions. ;)

Strike that, I read a follow up thread that answered my question regarding UI. Any approximates for runtime on lowest/highest output with the 10180 cell?

Last edited:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the problem Chip, I want every light I've seen that Fred makes! Gorgeous works of art, for sure. Next time I'm just gonna give Fred free reign and see what he comes up with....under X amount of dollars lol! Like, here's $1500 make me a light with an MT-G2 5000K PO in it that's shorter than a ruler and weighs less than a gallon of milk. Wonder what he'd come up with? It'd be awesome, I can guarantee that!

Love my Texas Poker! :)