Frelux Flashlights

ironhorse

Enlightened
That looks like a must have for me.
I like the looks of the raw machined better than the black anodized.

Last edited:

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
I like the looks of the raw machined better than the black anodized.[/QUOTE]

+1 on that! :grin2:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some Frelux updates!!!

Busy week in the Frelux Factory! The first Firefly Series drop is scheduled for this afternoon, you can find the lights already listed on the site but they are marked as sold out until the drop is live

LzPJ3Pi.jpg

All of the lights will have the upgraded driver and the wonderful Nichia 219b R9080 SW45. Bodies will be available in a couple different colors and either solid brass centers or brass inlays with either the tumbled or Vestige finish.

The new drivers have been tested in a proper certified sphere (not DIY), here's the specs:
Cree XP-G2 Low: 1.9 lm
Cree XP-G2 Mid: 37 lm
Cree XP-G2 High: 188 lm

Nichia 219c Low: 1.4 lm
Nichia 219c Mid: 25 lm
Nichia 219c High: 125 lm

There will be a preorder open for the standard series lights (upgraded drivers of course) this Friday.

With regards to the FML, Benjamin did some runtime testing and was not happy with the performance so it's being slightly scaled up to AA and will have over 10 hours of runtime on the medium mode. Small change for way better performance, great choice imo.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats! They went real fast

Thanks! One disappeared on me while filling out info and had to choose another. Betting Amazon pay is faster, but don't have it. Seems filling out the first page of the order is when they can still be taken from you.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn this is one nice light! Fit, Finish, Design, Quality...Absolutely beautiful! Over the past year I had been really on the hunt for a side by side. This is amazing! I would like to offer my personal opinion on possible improvements from my few hours with the light. I am the proud owner of #4 from this last run. First time owner.

1) More robust or thicker rubber for the switch

2) When initially turning on, there is a small pre-flash which would be nice to remove

3) Sub-lumen moonlight

4) Maybe look into driver software like the BLF A6

5) Possible use of 10440 batteries for a wider range of output possibilities

I don't know limitations of design, size or other things and don't claim to be an expert. If I didn't like this light so much, I wouldn't bother with suggestions that fit my "ideal" flashlight. It's that I could see this as a contender for top rotation EDC easily. I can't put it down. It is so great to have in hand. 100x better than expected.

phosphor22

Enlightened
I am just learning about these lights, and as an AAA / AA (Eneloops, of course) fan, I am very interested in finding out more. I am reading the passaround light reviews and will keep up with what everyone is saying.
Will more Firefly versions happen anytime soon?

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am just learning about these lights, and as an AAA / AA (Eneloops, of course) fan, I am very interested in finding out more. I am reading the passaround light reviews and will keep up with what everyone is saying.
Will more Firefly versions happen anytime soon?

There are two Firefly units in the works but they'll be different (more special) than the recent drop.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slight update, Benjamin bought a new machine to handle the increased demand of having two models. Hopefully this will allow him to have stock available for purchase more consistently.

There's some new Firefly Series lights in the works, here's a WIP of a Synergy1 hand engraved by Leo of LM Toolworks

anMz0z9.jpg

EDIT: Completed photos below

Last edited:

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slight update, Benjamin bought a new machine to handle the increased demand of having two models. Hopefully this will allow him to have stock available for purchase more consistently.

There's some new Firefly Series lights in the works, here's a WIP of a Synergy1 hand engraved by Leo of LM Toolworks

anMz0z9.jpg

NbNKawH.jpg

H7TsQ7u.jpg

That thing is a damn masterpiece

pc_light

Enlightened
Just a quick note to say Customer Service experience with Frelux has been great.

Good communications throughout (except during waitlist wait) and although my Synergy1 BFG had a minor issue it was taken care of faster than you say "Frelux". :twothumbs

Good light, great service,... this could be the start of a beautiful relationship.