FS: 5,000 lumen E seires Aleph head light engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sold. In order to even get these made at all I need to order a minimum of 25pc which is still considered a very small batch. Most often 50pc or more is preferred by the manufacturer. Since I have committed to the build and started taking payment we will absolutely be doing this even if it means I end up with 10+ piece for "personal use" :twothumbs

archimedes

Flashaholic
So excited ... many thanks [emoji106]

Ready for liftoff ...

qrxecPY.jpg

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more thing I just realized. Originally one of the tints listed for XHP was 4000K 5D2, but its actually 4000k 5B for that emitter. It is changed on the site now, but not before a couple orders were placed. If this is a huge thorn in anyone side shoot me a PM and I will see if I can come up with anything else. Thanks again all..

archimedes

Flashaholic
Although it will probably be obvious during installation, does the optic fit under the lens, or does it replace the A3 lens ?

EDIT - Never mind, I went back to the original build thread and see that the lens is retained over the new optic. Thanks !

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Although it will probably be obvious during installation, does the optic fit under the lens, or does it replace the A3 lens ?

EDIT - Never mind, I went back to the original build thread and see that the lens is retained over the new optic. Thanks !

Apparently, there is still room for the o-ring too to provide a water-resistant seal. I'm assuming that this can either be fitted between the optic and the glass window or after the glass window but before the retaining ring but I'm not sure which way round? Maybe Matt can confirm this?

archimedes

Flashaholic
One more thing I just realized. Originally one of the tints listed for XHP was 4000K 5D2, but its actually 4000k 5B for that emitter. It is changed on the site now, but not before a couple orders were placed. If this is a huge thorn in anyone side shoot me a PM and I will see if I can come up with anything else. Thanks again all..

PM sent ... :)

EDIT - PM received, thanks !

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of you have shipping notices. Most of the XHP bulbs are on the way now. It will be a couple more days on the XML and XPL because I was shipped the wrong optics for them. I have another batch on the way from a US source that should be here by Saturday :)

Thanks again all.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kids must have got that mail last night and left this package in there. Get the mail, could think what I had ordered and BAM BAM BAM. The xml2 fit perfectly in my TB Titanium 18500 light. I wish I would have sold the other one that I had. Then I put the XHP50 in my one of a kind two 18650 light and I'm going to be starting some fires. This is exactly what this host needed. Can't wait to get my D series Mag light drop in. I'll be putting that in Mac's titanium host. Thanks for making these.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently, there is still room for the o-ring too to provide a water-resistant seal. I'm assuming that this can either be fitted between the optic and the glass window or after the glass window but before the retaining ring but I'm not sure which way round? Maybe Matt can confirm this?

I just remembered that you had asked about this. I did try the o ring, but to me it doesnt seem to help much. The lens will still sit on it, but I think after a while it might squish into the gap between the optic and the wall. The shelf where the ring sits is angled kind of down ward.

Thanks again

easilyled

Flashaholic
I just remembered that you had asked about this. I did try the o ring, but to me it doesnt seem to help much. The lens will still sit on it, but I think after a while it might squish into the gap between the optic and the wall. The shelf where the ring sits is angled kind of down ward.

Thanks again

I see. So is there any way of using the o-ring to seal for water-resistance then? It will be a little disappointing for me otherwise. Could the o-ring be placed between the glass window and the bezel ring using the tightened bezel ring to keep it in place?

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could the o-ring be placed between the glass window and the bezel ring using the tightened bezel ring to keep it in place?

That is actually not a bad idea. I hadn't thought of that. I suppose that would work. I don't have that head here anymore to try it with though. The one I used for prototyping belonged to andyF and I returned it to him.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I should mention that VoB has been great to work with on this, as I was getting mine installed and set up and programmed ... [emoji106]

SlX8I4b.jpg

JqWjj2p.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.