• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Bezel removal tools for M3 and M6

pete3

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I am wondering if you still have any of the M3 bezel removal tools left for sale? and if you have any bead blasted, smooth or machined replacements, i may be interested in one of those as well.

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, I am wondering if you still have any of the M3 bezel removal tools left for sale? and if you have any bead blasted, smooth or machined replacements, i may be interested in one of those as well.

There are plenty of M3 tools in stock...

Here is a link to the titanium M3 bezels for sale... here

I also will have some aluminum versions asap.

R-

pete3

Newly Enlightened
do you expect the aluminum to be in the same price range as the Ti?

darkangel55555

Newly Enlightened
Subscribed, awaiting notice of "M6 tools in stock". Will purchase at least one, possibly two, when they are made available again.

Will add one M3 tool to that order, but the M6 tool is the priority.

Thanks.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just realize the current run of titanium M3 rings have NO drive notches, so what's the use of the bezel removal tool anyway?

Also, why is it that the bezel ring removal tool is designed for use with an adjustable wrench, but not a ratchet wrench (say, 3/8" type)?

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just realize the current run of titanium M3 rings have NO drive notches, so what's the use of the bezel removal tool anyway?

To remove the stock ring.

Also, why is it that the bezel ring removal tool is designed for use with an adjustable wrench, but not a ratchet wrench (say, 3/8" type)?

That would require machining a square in the middle of the hex. Why add cost to something that will get so little use?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
RPM do you have any tips? I'm trying to remove my M3 bezel ring and it's being incredibly stubborn and hasn't budged. the stock ring is all scratched up now anyways, so I'll install one of your Ti mods in its place at some point. What should I do?

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boil, boil, boil.

After boiling, I quickly clamped the hex of the bezel in a vise with soft jaws and a very thin rag. Dropped the tool into the notches and it spun right off with a wrench. I probably boiled all of mine for about 10 min.

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boil, boil, boil.

After boiling, I quickly clamped the hex of the bezel in a vise with soft jaws and a very thin rag. Dropped the tool into the notches and it spun right off with a wrench. I probably boiled all of mine for about 10 min.

Heat is the trick... I use a heat gun.. like an industrial blow dryer, but boiling has worked for others also.
You have to use some heat to loosen up the thread locking material used by SF.
If you just can't seem to make it work, I'll do it for you, no charge.

R-

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heat is the trick... I use a heat gun.. like an industrial blow dryer, but boiling has worked for others also.
You have to use some heat to loosen up the thread locking material used by SF.
If you just can't seem to make it work, I'll do it for you, no charge.

R-
oh you are the man! shall I PM you on here or email you at the pacbell address? I have some other services I need from you, so I'm hoping to kill multiple birds with one stone. :)

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually just boil a glass of water in my microwave and put a leather glove on then dip the end of the part in it for a few seconds. If the part (a Z44 bezel for example) doesn't contain a reflector I just drop it in the hot water for about 30 seconds. Be careful though, the water can flash boil if you drop the part in really fast.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually just boil a glass of water in my microwave and put a leather glove on then dip the end of the part in it for a few seconds. If the part (a Z44 bezel for example) doesn't contain a reflector I just drop it in the hot water for about 30 seconds. Be careful though, the water can flash boil if you drop the part in really fast.

thanks bud!

pm sent rpm :D

Latest posts