• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Microprocessor controlled drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantanplan

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Microprocessor controlled drivers **1AA boards available now**

Holy sh*t !!! :grin2:

Modded my L1T (SSC P4 USWOH) with my second driver board today, used a charged Eneloop and was astonished :D. This mod is clearly brighter than my L1D CE Q5 ...

Then I measured the battery currents (DMM replacing tailcap, resistance of DMM plus leads ~0.06 ohm) and couldn´t believe the numbers I saw. I checked them with a second DMM, but this proved the first one: Peak amps with a fresh Eneloop were 4.5 amps, a used Eneloop made still 3.5 amps :eek: ... wondering how high the emitter currents are with these input numbers ;) ...

RV7

Newly Enlightened

Please let us know, if you find some...

Maybe DIY one with a couple links from someone's necklace? :devil: I heard a crazy guy making a positive contact on the back of his driver PCB this way to be able to use protected batteries...

RV7

Newly Enlightened

The LED current should be close to 1.1A and the efficiency around 75%. From time to time I come across an energetic driver with higher than normal output.

Holy sh*t !!! :grin2:

Modded my L1T (SSC P4 USWOH) with my second driver board today, used a charged Eneloop and was astonished :D. This mod is clearly brighter than my L1D CE Q5 ...

Then I measured the battery currents (DMM replacing tailcap, resistance of DMM plus leads ~0.06 ohm) and couldn´t believe the numbers I saw. I checked them with a second DMM, but this proved the first one: Peak amps with a fresh Eneloop were 4.5 amps, a used Eneloop made still 3.5 amps :eek: ... wondering how high the emitter currents are with these input numbers ;) ...

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast

RV7,
do you think you could possibly adapt the design to 3 Volt, for one CR123/2AA? There's a need for good 3 Volt drivers for all the single CR123 lights out there with crummy stock drivers in them. The same applies to some 2AA lights.
Stefan

RV7

Newly Enlightened

RV7,
do you think you could possibly adapt the design to 3 Volt, for one CR123/2AA? There's a need for good 3 Volt drivers for all the single CR123 lights out there with crummy stock drivers in them. The same applies to some 2AA lights.
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

This driver is not a conventional booster. It works like a highly efficient transformer. It's the battery's capability that's limiting its output. However, with two AAs and one LED, the load on the batteries will be so light that it'd be easy to over-drive or even fry the LED if its Vf is lower than the design target. In short, it works well with 1AA, but is hard to control with 2AA without sacrificing efficiency.

With two AAs, it's relatively easier to design boost circuits the converntional way and still achieve both high output and high efficiency. There're plenty of ICs to choose from. I prefer to leave this job to those "professional" driver providers. :)

RV7

RV7

Newly Enlightened

Following orders have shipped:
leeleefocus 1xa + 2xb
ROK 2xa

RV7

Newly Enlightened

2xb shipped to Scott today.

Scattergun

Enlightened

I modded an Elly with this circuit and a Q2 yesterday, and it kicks some serious *ss!
Really extreme output for an AA!! Nice work RV7!!!

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast

RV7

I'm in for TWO of the 1.2v boards. your first post shows that there are none avail, is this correct?

Jeff

moon lander

Enlightened

Today 1USD = 1.0011CAD. Probably it's time to do a little more shopping in the US - I live just 10 miles from the border after all. :grin2:

i know how you feel, i used to live in buffalo NY and shopped in canada alot back when the exchange rate was around 50% :)

Question: are there issues with VF and drive current between various leds? will a Q5 with a higher VF not benefit as much from this driver? it seems like alot of people are modding their lights with a Q5 only to find out the lights original driver cant deliver as much current as it use to due to the higher VF of the Q5. Do you recommend a specific bin? what about a seoul or rebel100? basically wondering which emitter would get the most current from this driver. thanks!

moon lander

Enlightened

and :paypal: for 1xA (without strobe) and 1xB (with strobe)
thank you RV7

Scattergun

Enlightened
Are these still available and where are the prices/shippingfees??
I would like to order two Nimh without strobe!:wave:

gunga

Flashaholic
Sorry, late to this thread.

Where can I get ordering details, price etc...

Also, can these be trimmed to 14 mm (0.55" sammie sized board)?

Status
Not open for further replies.