• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

FS: RPM "E-Series" Battery Bodies.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Re: FS: RPM "E-Series" Battery Bodies. Items added 12-15-18

Can someone guide me or PM me to the VMEhead ? looks darn sweet and I WANT that as is.
( already have the RPM parts)

Join the club. Not to be all sour grapes about being another loser in the flashlight game, but for some reason, the absolutely most desirable pieces are not subject to supply and demand. If something was made that was popular and neat, is exactly what you wanted, you often can't get it at any price. You can only look at the pictures, realizing they are out there somewhere beyond your reach, and you can twist until you are clean. If you discover someone that has one, and then make them like you, or make them happy, or acquire something they have been twisting over to trade, then you may find success.

But if you need to complete your build with something that looks ok, and Ti VME is your unicorn, until then, you can think about what the hard anodized aluminum VME might look like if the ano were removed and the bare aluminum polished. There are pics of this mod out there, looks good IMO. And RPM still has Al bodies if there is some worry about purity or galvanic issues.

I really like these bare RPM bodies. I was curious if any were considering anodizing tail threads. I have been reading about it, doesn't sound too tough, in theory. Among the Ti body owners out there... has this ever been popular? Or is it unheard of to consider doing anything but looking at and rubbing any part of your beloved Ti host! Seriously, though... how can you live without LOTC? TIA

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Let's say someone was just about to make some heads... would there more interest in a dropin style or a screw in "e-can" version.
Or should such person just offer both?

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast

Let's say someone was just about to make some heads... would there more interest in a dropin style or a screw in "e-can" version.

Both!!!
NOW!!!
Merry Christmas!!!

Burman

Newly Enlightened

E-can Please! Cant wait to see what you have coming [emoji108]

808vudoo

Enlightened

Both would be great. Looking forward to what you make next!
Big Aloha D

808vudoo

Enlightened

Both would be great. Looking forward to what you make next!
Big Aloha D

BLDRN

Newly Enlightened

E-can!

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I shall consult with Tana and see what's best for a TripLed conversion.
P

For me, it's whichever's got he most room inside.
P

Last edited:

night.hoodie

Enlightened

Yes, those. Floating this... how about a legit, internally bone-stock standard, but externally original RPM Ti/Cu/Cu3Zn2/Al incan E head? Maybe with a minimalist stylized tachometer representation deeply etched or stamped in a facet of the hex ant-roll surface. There's a few E heads in exotic metals available, but can't find alternate incan E reflector/bezel anywhere.

Thanks for making me irrationally desire deeply, RPM. I would take at least one of everything, must instead wish and hope, and wait and see.

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you made E-can style, have you selected a reflector?. Would it be interchangeable?.

Looking forward to whatever you come up with. [emoji106]

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I´d prefer e-can (jus to make sure, that´s the McG and Aleph light engine, right?)

Maybe with a minimalist stylized tachometer representation deeply etched or stamped in a facet of the hex ant-roll surface.
That would be cool. I always thought custom makers should have a logo on their lights.... like Sinner now has.

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you made E-can style, have you selected a reflector?. Would it be interchangeable?. [emoji106]

Good question...My Aleph style heads are pretty limited. I have McR-20 reflectors in the couple I have. The basic e-can heads I own have threads that allow the e-can to "float" vertically in the head and it causes the distance from the bottom of reflector to the emitter to vary. I'd like to make it so you can tighten the e-can in the head securely and still maintain the contact to the battery tube without a large gap between them. This assumes all the e-can are identical in height and the reflectors are the same.

So lies the dilemma...
Make the heads specifically for a certain reflector/e-can configuration.
Or universal internals that allow for some adjustment.
Or... Go the dropin route.

This may end up going all 3 directions as there are pros and cons to each.
Suggestions are welcome.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe most of us use Aleph/Haiku LE's so it would be nice to continue that way (McR-20 and e-can) allowing on the fly changing ecans.

But i agree with night.hoodie if 1 or other option would be similar to old E head, fixed reflector (or similar) and using drop in as you like (Tad's incan or Tana single led).
That would be cool.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, those. Floating this... how about a legit, internally bone-stock standard, but externally original RPM Ti/Cu/Cu3Zn2/Al incan E head? Maybe with a minimalist stylized tachometer representation deeply etched or stamped in a facet of the hex ant-roll surface. There's a few E heads in exotic metals available, but can't find alternate incan E reflector/bezel anywhere.

Thanks for making me irrationally desire deeply, RPM. I would take at least one of everything, must instead wish and hope, and wait and see.
I think this is the way to go for me.
P