G2 stolen from my car.

TwinBlade

Enlightened
Man I feel your pain. I absolutely despise theft. The fact that someone had there ugly grubby paws, unwarranted, in my stuff....

Man that just chafes my arse...

Fast LT1

Newly Enlightened
They **** me off too! This summer my house got broken into and i got a bunch of poop stolen! I had two new streamlights a stinger ds led and sl20xp led for gifts for my father and grandfather and they stole them, also stole a bunch of my maglites, my gander mountain lights, my glock lights, and my streamlight tl-2. Along with my m4 carbine, ammo, mags, diamond rings, 2 laptops and a lot of other stuff.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
The maggots who stole the G2 possibly won't get much long term use from it. CR123 cells are as much as $7.50 each retail. Replacing the lamp probably wont happen either. Sorry to hear about the loss (and the others mentioned).Theft sucks.

trsmfan99

Newly Enlightened
Unbelievable, the craziness of some idiots, I'm sorry to hear about all of your losses guys, but karma is a P.I.T.A. (pain in the *) they'll get what they deserve. I remember about six yrs a go, a so called friend stole my brand new radar detector, and tried to steal my radio. I returned to my vehicle a few minutes later and discovered my new detector was missing, and my stereo face plate was hanging off, it was still there. I guess the idiot couldnt figure out how to push a tiny button. I never saw him again if I ever do he'll meet a good friend of mine his name starts with G and ends with 19...:devil: again sorry for all your losses people..:(

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
of course the window cost me $160

I had a window broken in my driveway and my $30.00 stereo stolen

[replacement] windows usually cost more than what they are protecting and criminals (pragmatists that they are) tend to check the door handles before making a mess of noise.

Don't leave valuables in the car and do leave the doors unlocked.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
They **** me off too! This summer my house got broken into and i got a bunch of poop stolen! I had two new streamlights a stinger ds led and sl20xp led for gifts for my father and grandfather and they stole them, also stole a bunch of my maglites, my gander mountain lights, my glock lights, and my streamlight tl-2. Along with my m4 carbine, ammo, mags, diamond rings, 2 laptops and a lot of other stuff.

You had unsecured weapons in your summer house? Great, now some criminal has an expensive rifle. I mean, no offense, it sucks that all your crap got stolen, but how do you think criminals get most of their guns? I hope the police are really involved in this one... chances are the guy was already a felon and this is a very nice way for him to get a gun he shouldn't have.

wayfasterthanyou

Newly Enlightened
I live in an area that just dosen"t see alot of crime, last year some kids were ripping off farms and a neibour a few miles away called and we got about 15 guys with quads and trucks, caught 2 cars full of the kids who had trunks full of stolen stuff!
I was holding my modded maglight with a laser and one kid started to cry thinking I had a gun...
I am in canada so guns and crime are almost never heard of.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live in an area that just dosen"t see alot of crime, last year some kids were ripping off farms and a neibour a few miles away called and we got about 15 guys with quads and trucks, caught 2 cars full of the kids who had trunks full of stolen stuff!
I was holding my modded maglight with a laser and one kid started to cry thinking I had a gun...
I am in canada so guns and crime are almost never heard of.

Awesome... Were the kids stealing produce or something? They must not have a ton of stuff to do... :crackup:

Fast LT1

Newly Enlightened
You had unsecured weapons in your summer house? Great, now some criminal has an expensive rifle. I mean, no offense, it sucks that all your crap got stolen, but how do you think criminals get most of their guns? I hope the police are really involved in this one... chances are the guy was already a felon and this is a very nice way for him to get a gun he shouldn't have.

I had just ordered the rifle but it wouldn't fit in my gun safe and i had planned on picking up a gun safe when i got back. Now i know :oops:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had just ordered the rifle but it wouldn't fit in my gun safe and i had planned on picking up a gun safe when i got back. Now i know :oops:

Oh never mind then, I thought you just left it lying around all the time :duh2:
That's a huge bummer then, they happened to strike right at the worst time. :(

It's a shame you weren't there, your rifle could have gotten some nice exercise! :nana:

wayfasterthanyou

Newly Enlightened
Awesome... Were the kids stealing produce or something? They must not have a ton of stuff to do... :crackup:

Tools, they had a group of younger kids doing most of it so in case they get caught they would get a lesser charge being under 18.

by the time the cops got there we had all the details leading to a cube van filled with stolen goods!

they would do this in small towns then pawn it in the city or on ebay ect.

wayfasterthanyou

Newly Enlightened
Could you tell us a little bit about that mod? I have a Maglite 6D that I can carry in a tactical sling like the HK MP5 sling. So adding a laser sounds like a funny idea.:devil:

Thanks.

Cheers
Thorsten

just a simple 100mw red diode that I glued to the collar or the head, wired up a switch and used it to mess with my cats..

Imon

Enlightened
[replacement] windows usually cost more than what they are protecting and criminals (pragmatists that they are) tend to check the door handles before making a mess of noise.

So you leave your doors unlocked?? Even if I didn't keep valuables in my car, the idea of some lowlife digging through my stuff would be infuriating.
Why not just leave your valuable out of sights? I usually have a GPS device in my car but it's always out of sight unless I need to use it. If criminals are usually pragmatists as you stated before wouldn't it be in their interest to smash and grab cars with valuable in sight (a 100% certainty) rather than smash and search a car with possible hidden valuables (a ???% certainty).

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
just a simple 100mw red diode that I glued to the collar or the head, wired up a switch and used it to mess with my cats..

Don't you think 100mW is a bit excessive for playing with cats and pointing at people?

ghostguy6

Enlightened
Wow that's strange. I wouldn't even think a dumb burglar would know the value of a flashlight enough to take it. Most people I've encountered think all flashlights are the same.

The burglar probably saw the light then used it to search the rest of the car for other valuables

wayfasterthanyou

Newly Enlightened
Don't you think 100mW is a bit excessive for playing with cats and pointing at people?

It is old and had many hours on it, I took it out of service from a laser show that I had displaying text 24 hours a day so it was only as bright as a new 5mw, maybe...it died a few uses later.
I also have laser certification so I would never point a laser in anyones eyes!!

GregWormald

Enlightened
The reality is that if it's available there is always somebody who will steal it!:mad:

A few years ago I noticed the urinal in the office washroom dripping--someone had stolen the plastic nut off the overflow tube! :shrug:

Greg

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened
I had a very to find Spyderco folder stolen out of my car a while back and I am still heart broken over it. If I can find one it will cost about $175-$200 to replace.:mad:

So I understand how you feel:(

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened

I had a car with an alarm, and they smashed the window and reached in to steal my girlfriend's bag. They never opened the door so the alarm never went off. It was pouring rain, too!

I am sorry to hear about your G2. The yellow ones are super cool.