G2Z combatlight with MaxVision

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glue is typical on SF nitrolon heads bonded to aluminum bodies, but compared to their all-aluminum lights, the ones with nitrolon bodies seem easier to remove.
I suppose the adhesive sticks better to aluminum.

Hopefully one of the guys here can try if it can be converted to two-mode version.

That would be awesome for most of us who don't need a single mode only light for tactical use.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully one of the guys here can try if it can be converted to two-mode version.
You can guess why I would like to remove the head & body. The electronic looks like the P2X Fury electronic. At least the PCB that is visible when I look into the battery tube (when the CR123s are removed).

I can see the conductor path is manually interrupted. Therefore I guess "repairing" this will create a cool 2 level light. THis is at least my hope. But at first I need to separate body and head.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some here have had luck with a heat gun to soften the adhesive on the threads, then using strap wrenches or strips of rubber rolled around the head and body for a good grip.

Not too much heat, just enough to break the bond.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
I posted new information 3 posts after that first one. I don't recall the dealer now. Just that it appeared to be in stock when I ordered it; but after the order was complete, my email from them indicated that it would not ship until the end of May at the earliest, so I canceled it. It would have shipped with batteries though.

Welfare

Newly Enlightened
I have just bought one today. It is small and fits in my hand perfectly. The fit and finish are great, and the LED is smack in the centre. I will post pics as soon as I'm in a position to do so.

Why is there hardly any reviews or posts on this light?

Welfare

Newly Enlightened
Photo bucket not working for all the reasons I'm sure you're all aware of. I will get phot on here if it kills me.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that thing is tiny... not e head and or tail is it?

much smaller than I thought

Welfare

Newly Enlightened
Nope that is absolutely stock, it really feels solid. The head is aluminium with a nitrolon body, and the lens almost feels like the Elzettas solid acrylic set up (I know it's not). I am really happy with it at the moment. I have lots of photos but imgur is way to complicated for me at the moment. I am happy to take any tips.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope that is absolutely stock, it really feels solid. The head is aluminium with a nitrolon body, and the lens almost feels like the Elzettas solid acrylic set up (I know it's not). I am really happy with it at the moment. I have lots of photos but imgur is way to complicated for me at the moment. I am happy to take any tips.

I use https://postimages.org/. It is way more comfortable.

Welfare

Newly Enlightened
It is appears to be slightly cooler than my Fury but not by much. Because of the amount of flood it is easy on my eyes.

There is no hot spot at all, and I would say the usable throw is about 70m which is sufficient for this nature of light. I bought this to compliment my other Surefire and Malkoff throwers and its compact size is still making me smile.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that thing is tiny... not e head and or tail is it?

much smaller than I thought

No i mean the threading for the head and tail is still 6p size right, not small like executive sized heads? It's just looks so much smaller, I want to make sure.