G2Z combatlight with MaxVision

Welfare

Newly Enlightened
The head is fixed and smaller than a 6P, I have a Blade-Tec 6P holster and it won't even touch the sides.

I have had a Z59, 41 & a Fury tail cap on it and it works fine. I do not have a Malkoff with me to see if their tail cap fits.

Welfare

Newly Enlightened
Well, the question would be: having Elzetta B343 (flood lens) do I need this one? :)

It is definitely cooler in colour than my standard Elzetta Charlie AVS. It is also at least 10mm shorter than my Bravo with a low profile head fitted.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head is fixed and smaller than a 6P, I have a Blade-Tec 6P holster and it won't even touch the sides.

I have had a Z59, 41 & a Fury tail cap on it and it works fine. I do not have a Malkoff with me to see if their tail cap fits.

can the g2z head thread onto a 6p?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, just dumb it down for me here.. does "head is smaller than a 6p" mean it won't thread onto a normal p/g/z body (assuming one could remove it), or just smaller head dia. length etc.

Anyone with one of these and a normal 6p body check for me?

Welfare

Newly Enlightened
Okay, just dumb it down for me here.. does "head is smaller than a 6p" mean it won't thread onto a normal p/g/z body (assuming one could remove it), or just smaller head dia. length etc.

Anyone with one of these and a normal 6p body check for me?

The body appears to be the same size as a G2ZX but the head is considerably smaller. The bezel is the same size in diameter as an Elzetta Alpha.

If if the head was to be removed I think it may well take a 6P head. I have not got the wallet or nerve to do so sorry.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
The body appears to be the same size as a G2ZX but the head is considerably smaller. The bezel is the same size in diameter as an Elzetta Alpha.

If if the head was to be removed I think it may well take a 6P head. I have not got the wallet or nerve to do so sorry.

What about LED centering in your sample?

rjking

Enlightened
If the body is the same size as the G2 Nitrolon, a Keeppower 16650 will fit fine.

rjking

Enlightened
Body dimension is actually smaller than a G2 but a Sanyo UR16650ZTA 16650 2500mAh 4.35 volts fits perfectly. Used an XTar VP2 charger to charge the batteries up to 4.35 volts. :twothumbs

Last edited:

tango44

Enlightened
So as an average Joe, is this light ok for a EDC and Conceal carry?
Is it flood or thrower? or a combination?
Thank you.

Welfare

Newly Enlightened
It's a Thyrm Switchback (£19). It's best to Google them and pick the best supplier for you. It has made the slippery beast useable for me.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
You can guess why I would like to remove the head & body. The electronic looks like the P2X Fury electronic. At least the PCB that is visible when I look into the battery tube (when the CR123s are removed).

I can see the conductor path is manually interrupted. Therefore I guess "repairing" this will create a cool 2 level light. THis is at least my hope. But at first I need to separate body and head.

Any update on doing this mod?

SFtaco

Newly Enlightened
I have just bought one today. It is small and fits in my hand perfectly. The fit and finish are great, and the LED is smack in the centre. I will post pics as soon as I'm in a position to do so.

Why is there hardly any reviews or posts on this light?

Does anyone have any beam shots of this light?