Getting back into the hobby and dealing with the regret of lights you sold

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Getting back into the hobby and dealing with the regret of lights you sold
Has not happened to me yet, and I plan on avoiding it. I still have MMU-X3, MM15, SX25L3, M43, TN36 etc that have been superseded. I have not given any of them away, because my friends and family and acquaintances are not interested in nice flashlights. I have not sold any of them, because they all give me happy memories of my flashlight newbie excitement.

I do hope that you find and acquire lots of new lights that are so very exciting!

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! Fortunately, I still have my two A2 Aviators, as there is no force on earth that could make me part with them. I also still have my 6P and 9P too, as well as my E2E. So while most of my old incans are gone, at least I still have some good ones left!

There are a lot of LED options for that 6P and 9P. Since you like incans take a look at the Malkoff M61W (warm) and M61N (neutral) offerings,fantastic drop-ins that offer a way to upgrade to modern performance standards and still maintain some of the traditional aspects of the original incans. Lots of info in the Malkoff junkie thread! ;)

Last edited:

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
I run an M61N in the 9P with a Surefire Filter. Quite a nice setup, it's the most solid dependable light I own.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I luckily never sold anything I really cared about, Lost my Sunwayman V10R Ti.... need to get one of those back and modded but I sold a Klarus cuz I never liked having to change hand positions with the 2 buttons, I sold a G2X and I just got a new one and I sold a 9P... So I'm still good.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coincidentally, I'm experiencing the same thing. I've been out of the flashlight hobby for the past few years. I mainly use my HDS Rotary, Fenix LD12, Fenix E01, and Surefire Saint when I need a headlamp. All my other flashlights are tucked away in my closet.

I used to have a fairly large collection of Surefire flashlights, which I practically sold off most of them. The ones that I kept were: Surefire A2, AZ2 (the last Surefire I bought), U2, 6P, C2, and Milkspit modded L1.

Recently, the Surefire bug bit me again, and I've been patiently waiting for eBay auction and WTS threads. I have acquired an E2E, another A2 with Koala ring, and Kroma.

The ones that I regret selling:

* Milkspit modded Surefire M1
* Surefire M2, M3, M4, and modded M6
* McGizmo Lunasol

Lumen83

Enlightened
Well, one bit of a silver lining is that if you can find them used for sale now they will be a lot cheaper than they were new back then. A lot of the lights I couldn't afford back then I can finally afford now if I can find them haha.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Yes, unfortunately IF I decided to reacquire some of the rarer items I once owned, I would expect to pay much more than I did years ago.

Lumen83

Enlightened
Yes, unfortunately IF I decided to reacquire some of the rarer items I once owned, I would expect to pay much more than I did years ago.

Depends which model. In the past few months I've found numberous U2s, A2s, and Kromas for under 100 bucks and sometimes half that. Back when they were new some were more thatn $300.00. Now I can finally afford them.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see what you did there Mr. K :crackup:
Three days early, too. :)
The celebrated Mr. K.
Performs his feat on Saturday at Bishops Gate

_azlyrics.com/lyrics/beatles/beingforthebenefitofmrkite.html

-------
Normal people walk around with big dogs. They look normal. I walk around with big flashlights. My flashlights have bitten less people then Teds' dog.