Giveaway Thread (general info)

booky

Newly Enlightened
Hello Doc, just wanted to let you know that my light arrived today. Works great, and the holster is a perfect fit. I appreciate the extra goodies you threw in as well. You rock! :rock:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Doc, just wanted to let you know that my light arrived today. Works great, and the holster is a perfect fit. I appreciate the extra goodies you threw in as well. You rock! :rock:

Yeah, I had been trying to get rid of that holster for weeks. When I finally tried it, I was surprised...fits like it was made for the Rayovac. Definitely a win-win. Thanks for letting me know everything arrived OK...always good to confirm!

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another question for readers of this thread...I have some 18650s to go out, sooner or later. Should I give them out as single cells, or two (most of my cases are for 2x18650), or four? Don't know who needs what, and any insight I can get from you guys would be helpful.

gunga

Flashaholic
Depends on how fast you want to get rid of them. Maybe a pack of two is good. Saves on shipping and pita factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your batteries were sent out this afternoon Terry. Glad someone will be able to put them to use. :)

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Dad has the fight of his life coming up, but even with that news we are holding up. My father was diagnosed this past Thursday with advanced prostate cancer. It has spread to a greater majority of his bones. Remission is not possible his oncologist says. They are regulating his hormones to put up a "block" and drop his PSA levels from 2000+ to hopefully nill. From there they will begin chemotherapy. If he responds well, his oncologist says that he can live a relatively normal life for however long his body can keep it up.

I posted more of an update on the bladeforums link but my Dad is a trooper and is determined to fight. And even though the doctor says no, my dad is saying yes. We believe in miracles and there is nothing to lose praying for one. My Dad took the news as if the cable went out temporarily. Had no effect on him. He is still strong in mind and spirit, and has faith, family, and friends all by his side and in his corner.

Double Barrel

Enlightened
We believe in miracles and there is nothing to lose praying for one. He is still strong in mind and spirit, and has faith, family, and friends

You, your Dad and family will be in mine and my children's prayers. We also believe in miracles and the power of prayer.

Your Dad sounds like a warrior!

God Bless, DB

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received the awesome modder kit, with a great host, cool clip and enough parts to keep me busy for quite a while, as well as the 18650 battery. Thank you so much, awesome thread and giveaway. Love COF/CPFMP!

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Giving away a Samsung 25R 18650. Meant for high-drain application, 2500mAh. Very low internal resistance, so will give excellent performance in direct drive.

If you already have plenty of cells, please sit this one out. Would like to get it to someone who needs a cell to replace CR123s, or ****Fire cells for safety reasons, or someone who needs a high-drain cell to get max performance out of a light. If you fit any of these criteria, go for it!

First one in USA to claim it, gets it. Can't legally ship loose cells outside the country, so no exceptions this time. If you are eligible to claim it, and first to respond, go ahead and PM me a name and shipping address.

Bigpal

Enlightened
I posted this over in one of my sales threads on the marketplace but forgot about the giveaway until just now. There will be a delay in mailing out the batteries, this weekend would be a good bet. However, someone needing them can still claim them now. My Dad was admitted to the hospital on Saturday and it has been a rollercoaster of events. I'm home now but will be leaving back soon to spend more time with him. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I sincerely hope that all turns out well for you and your family. I'm confident it will.

I like your dog, btw - he's cool looking.

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump - giving away a Samsung 25R 18650. Meant for high-drain application, 2500mAh. Very low internal resistance, so will give excellent performance in direct drive.

If you already have plenty of cells, please sit this one out. Would like to get it to someone who needs a cell to replace CR123s, or ****Fire cells for safety reasons, or someone who needs a high-drain cell to get max performance out of a light. If you fit any of these criteria, or just don't currently have any 18650s, go for it!

First one in USA to claim it, gets it. Can't legally ship loose cells outside the country, so no exceptions this time. If you are eligible to claim it, and first to respond, go ahead and PM me a name and shipping address.