Giveaway Thread (general info)

radiopej

Enlightened
I think this one would be perfect for my mother's house (and I'd get my Olight back!). I'll take the Jetbeam please :)

This Cracked article is great. Warning, you'll spend the hours not reading CPF at Cracked.

http://www.cracked.com/article_21608_6-sworn-enemies-who-teamed-up-kicked-***.html

Doc, what's the minimum for a giveaway? At the moment I can only really do small things (been planning to order some tiny USB-charged lights for family), but I really want to contribute. Might be too pointless.

If this thread is up once I get a proper job, I'll totally do something bigger. :(

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doc, what's the minimum for a giveaway? At the moment I can only really do small things (been planning to order some tiny USB-charged lights for family), but I really want to contribute. Might be too pointless.

There is no minimum...if you think someone else can benefit from it, and you are willing to do the giveaway, then go right ahead! But in practice, shipping is a killer for small items. Not much point in spending $3-4 for domestic shipping, or more like $14-15 for international shipping, to send someone an item they can buy themselves for less. The other option is to try for something local. I know there are quite a number of Australian members on CPF...maybe one or two of them are actually near you. Or perhaps not...but the only way to find out is to ask. (I actually hand-delivered one giveaway item...we live in different cities, but our workplaces turned out to be a quarter mile apart. Small world.)

Don't feel that you need to contribute right now, though. My hope was always that we could sustain this thread over time (if perhaps with the giveaways not being so frequent)...and CPF is pretty good about keeping old threads around, the great crash notwithstanding. So you can always contribute something later, when you are able.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
Not for this giveaway...? This is a new one, as of this afternoon. Not sure if you are going for the Jetbeam or not, but if you are, need to add the key phrase.

my bad, Grats HappyFeet!, and no... I wouldn't get enough use out of the Jetbeam to warrant an entry

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow awesome giveaway as usual Doc!!
I think I am going to sit this one out and let others have an extra chance.
I have a few more items I would like to put in the giveaway in the near future.
I'll PM ya Doc sometime like next week to discuss.
Thanks guys and good luck to all!
Ty

radiopej

Enlightened
My girlfriend just told me one:

The difference between a beginner and a master is that a master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
In fact, I'm going to throw my name into the drawing for this one. I've never owned a Jetbeam, or a single CR123 size light, believe it or not. Chances are very good that I'll end up giving it away again, but I would like a chance to handle it, and see if there is anything I am missing...and the custom modes do sound pretty cool.

I'll take the Jetbeam!

Last edited:

Jeffg330

Newly Enlightened
I'm happy to see thedoc007 on the other side of a giveaway for a change. I think you forgot to add a video though? ��

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, guys, but I'll take my chances, same as anyone else. No special treatment.

Oh, and video added. Thanks for the reminder. :ohgeez:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Again, thx for running the giveaway Doc!

As for the flashlight, it's pretty much like new and is barely used. I love the way it looked when I bought it about 5 years ago and still do.
However I think it's a waste that I don't use this light anymore at all, so I hope this way I can make somebody else happy with it, and inspire others to do the same.

I believe output was stated as 180 lumens max. The beam is pretty nice, very tight and good colour. My PD35 is alot more "green" compared to this light.
The UI is pretty cool in this light. It is programmable to your own desires. It has 3 modes, I currently have Low (lowest possible) - High (Highest possible) - Strobe. But you can change it to whatever you want.
I'll take the Jetbeam!

Me+Light=Addiction,
I agree with the others, that I would like to see you send the light directly to our friend the doc. If he chooses to "catch and release" that should totally be his choice. My ONLY concern is that if he is given special consideration, AND I THINK THAT HE SHOULD BE GIVEN SPECIAL CONSIDERATION then he may hesitate to enter any other give-aways.

I want him to enter ANY give away he is interested in.

BTW... like radiopj if I happen to win, I'll be sending you my new Michigan address :whistle:

good luck doc! :thumbsup:

Oh.. for a video.
After seeing four kids do the "cup song" at a boy scout campfire, I spent hours with my grand-kids learning how to do it. I couldn't get the song out of my head for weeks!
Here is one version that is nicely done.