Giveaway Thread (general info)

FJRick

Newly Enlightened
"I'll take the Fenix E99Ti" Thanks for the opportunity Doc and The Fenix Store!

FJRick

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if it makes any difference if it's a long or short entry period for me. I've been in the run for a few of those 50/50 or close to that and haven't won anything either! Lol

I do appreciate that you're doing this Doc!!! Thank You!!!

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, shorter windows would probably be better. It keeps people still communicating and having fun rather than just a long list of "I'll take it".

Well, it is up to you guys to add flavor. As long as you have the phrase, you can include anything else you like in the post. I do at least try to make my posts a bit more detailed, but I'm just one guy. :whistle:

I've asked people to keep it interesting on a few giveaways, but I don't want to force anything to jump through hoops to be eligible. All I can say is that I'm not a huge fan of "I'll take it" posts either. Maybe I need to broaden the description of the thread purpose in the first post? Something equivalent to Vinh's lounge, where everything except sales/negative talk is welcome. Would that help? I don't know how many people actually read the first post anyway...

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if it makes any difference if it's a long or short entry period for me. I've been in the run for a few of those 50/50 or close to that and haven't won anything either! Lol

I do appreciate that you're doing this Doc!!! Thank You!!!

Not a problem. Keep at it. A LOT of guys haven't won anything yet, and since many more new people are finding the thread lately, your odds are not good for any particular giveaway. But it costs nothing, and you can't win if you don't play! We are still a LONG way from lotto odds, and plenty of people actually spend money on that.

Last edited:

ronniepudding

Enlightened
There has obviously been a wide variety of things given away, and I recall different time frames having been used depending on the item -- which is I think totally appropriate. Especially if the goal is to build excitement and encourage participation. In general, high-value items should have longer entry periods because 1) more people get a chance to enter and 2) the anticipation builds over time when you're thinking about winning an Elzetta, for instance. I can't recall how long the Elzetta entry period was, but I want to say it was like 10 - 14 days or something, which seems about right, and is probably as long as I'd want to go unless we're giving away cars or something ;)

The E99 Ti is I think just right at 4-5 days to submit entries.

For smaller items, I think it's cool to just give it away to the first person who wants it, but in general I think there should be at least 8 hours for people to enter.

Just my opinion.

And thanks again for starting and growing this thread Doc!

H-Man

Enlightened
I'll take the Fenix E99Ti

You can run clips on any AAA light. They don't always stay put but they stay put well enough to put on the bill of a hat.

a1mu1e

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the unceremonious "I'll take it"... This is my first of these. I'll try to be more interesting in the future:grin2:

rpm00

Enlightened
I vote for a little shorter windows. But that's only because I'm addicted to this site and come back everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
BigTzzy is the winner of the Fenix E99Ti! Please send me a PM with your name and shipping address at your convenience. And remember, we are expecting a review within a few weeks!

dragonhaertt and sassaquin are the alternates, if the need arises.

A big thank you to Fenix Store, and everyone who participated!

Last edited:

Latest posts