Giveaway Thread (general info)

chuckhov

Enlightened
I am in for the Eagletac SX25L3!

MoldyOldy - You are The Man! - VERY Generous of you... Thanks!

I have long lusted after this light, but, you know, it's the lack of money thing...

I live in a place where I have no need at all to Throw a half a mile or so, but something like this would certainly be very useful. - I suppose that I could just wait till the morning to see what I want to see, but such is Not the way of a true Flashaholic - You understand:)

However, the morning just will not wait when it comes to my two elderly small dogs having to go out at night. - We live on the last road in a subdivision that has been reclaimed from a Florida Swamp, the back of the property separated from the 'swamp proper' by a 4' tall chain link fence.

Visitors to the back yard include Rattle Snakes (Pigmy and Eastern Diamondback), and Cottonmouth Water Moccasins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sistrurus_miliarius

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crotalus_adamanteus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agkistrodon_piscivorus

I do agree to NEVER sell it, only to give it away. - I know that the Tint is Neutral, and I am in Love!

Thanks to you, Doc for providing this possibility.

Now I will stand back and let the Flood Gate of replies open:)

Thanks again - So Much!
-Chuck

EDIT - Doc said:

"Just as a reminder, since new people are finding this thread all the time. If you are new to the thread, or just haven't taken the time yet, please carefully read the first two posts! It will cover the general rules of this thread, and give you an idea of what to expect."

Yes! - Please be very careful that you follow the instructions Exactly - Thanks!

Last edited:

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in for the Eagletac SX25L3

I would use the light for checking out that bump-in-the-night noise outside. I could potentially use it instead of my giant HID spotlight.

Thanks for the opportunity, MoldyOldy and doc!

Don't have to worry about me selling it as I've never sold any of my flashlight collection because I like looking bback at the evolution of it.

In case I need to add something interesting, here is a project I worked on this week. I modded my Cold steel Slim Stick Carbon fiber walking stick with a larger, heavier stainless head.

Before:

20150606_221644_zps7cakyqkp.jpg

After:

20150606_221751_zpslw1kf42s.jpg

Last edited:

Happpyfeet

Newly Enlightened
"I am in for the Eagletac SX25L3"

Well, since I have a close relative to the Zebralight pictured, then I must have the Eagletac to go with it! ;)

Seriously, I do like my Zebralight very much, but the Eagletac will provide a more permanent solution as a headlight for my wheelchair. I am considering passing on my Zebralight to our grandson, once he is ready for the responsibility of 18650 batteries. He just went from Cub Scout to Boy Scout.

. . .and no, this or any other light will never be sold, as agreed. :thanks:

Many thanks to MoldyOldy and Doc!

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that the Tint is Neutral, and I am in Love!

Yeah, generally I am not a big fan of warm/neutral tints. (Neutral doesn't bother me, but it would not often be my first choice - and I actively dislike warm lights.) But even I really like the MT-G2 emitter...they seem to have not only better tint, but also better color rendition than most XM-L and XM-L2 LEDs I have seen. Great for hiking in the woods...my primary use for big lights. I don't have a lot of lights to compare it to...my MM15vn beam profile is so different it is hard to compare...but the SX25L3 tint is very nice, to be sure.

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
I modded my Cold steel Slim Stick Carbon fiber walking stick with a larger, heavier stainless head.

Before:

20150606_221644_zps7cakyqkp.jpg

After:

20150606_221751_zpslw1kf42s.jpg

Please post more details! I have this same CF CS cane, and I do love it, but the aluminum "golf" ball is a bit too small for my hands to be comfortable. I would love to follow suit. Even a billiard ball would be cool, since I use it as a walking aid, and not a self-defense tool. I do like the round form-factor, as opposed to the "hook" style tops on most canes. Please tell us how you did it, or if you're selling compatible ball heads for it. Thanks. (Really nice pics, btw - how do you like your Samsung Galaxy Note II? I'm a new Galaxy user, just got one yesterday and I'm loving it!)

Last edited:

MauiSon

Newly Enlightened

This would be the brightest light I own - I would use it whenever brightness was essential. I would also show it off as an example of the LED flashlights available these days to friends and family.

chuckhov

Enlightened
"I would also show it off as an example of the LED flashlights available these days to friends and family."

That's a really good thing.

The general population knows about the Computer revolution, but has no idea what Flashlights have become. - Circa 2005... Jump ahead to 2015 - WOW!

Thanks for this!

-Chuck

Last edited:

Xaios

Newly Enlightened
I am in for the Eagletac SX25L3.

I would use it to light up outdoor gatherings in the long, cold Yukon winter nights.

prnguinpoo

Newly Enlightened
wow! What a torch!!!! without exception:

As my wife rescues stray / injured cats*, it would be used for that. especially lighting up open areas.

again, that is a nice torch!!! one to be appreciated.

*Well technically its any animal, but mostly cats.

Last edited:

Chaitanya

Banned

I need a light with neutral white tint for use in foggy and monsoon weather of western ghats.
This is what the forest looks like on a clear day(during monsoons) in ghats, at night visibility drops down to barely 5-10ft. That high brightness and neutral white tints can really save my rear side while trekking here.

IMG_7201 by Chaitanya Shukla, on Flickr

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in for the Eagletac SX25L3 !

I used to have the ET D25A clicky, but have lost it. Lights like this is good for a country where I live, as frequent power blackouts are the norm.

Thanks to the Doc and MoldyOldy for the very generous giveaway.

Last edited:

bdogps

Enlightened

I would use it to walk at nights with my dog,specially since it is winter in Australia and it gets dark at 5pm. Of course I will not sell it nor get tired of it.

Kozy

Enlightened
That would be my strongest/brightest flashlight. for use around the house all the days ;)

I am in for the Eagletac SX25L3 !

Thanks to the Doc and MoldyOldy!:bow:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks to MoldyOldy for this generous contribution! And thanks to Doc for the time and treasure he has donated in this thread. I love the beautiful light produced by the MT-G2. I would use this light in four ways: 1. As a general purpose light. 2. As one of the lights in the rotation for my after-dark walks. 3. As a camping/hiking light, and 4. On lower output modes, as a long-lived light for power outages.

I cannot imagine getting tired of this light, but if I ever do, I will pass it on as a gift to a person who makes the same commitment I make now never to sell it.

Last edited:

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
I am in for the Eagletac SX25L3. Wow. That is a nice one. I have always drooled for a MT-G2 flashlight since that emitter came out. Unfortunately, I find them too pricey. From the beamshots I have seen, I know I will absolutely love the tint. I do not also own any multi 18650 flashlight. This should make for a great SAR flashlight :)

rpm00

Enlightened

I don't have any of these pop-can lights yet and would like to give the format a try. And wow that's a lot of lumens!

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in for the Eagletac SX25L3. I live in The Southern California Desert. I will use the light for multiple activities: I volunteer with a local city Emergency Response Team and also do Search and Rescue. The Desert can be a harsh environment, 120+ in the day down to what feels
Like freezing at night. It is surprising how many people go for a "short day hike", And end up needing to be rescued. In addition, my son participates in a yearly Jeep 4 x 4 event called "Tierra Del Sol". Since his wife and my 5 year old granddaughter go with him, I am going next year too. The light will provide much needed lighting at the rough spots during the night run. And finally, when my oldest son comes home to visit we go geocaching together-already have a night-time find only, lined up & ready to hunt. Thanks to Doc for another awesome giveaway and MoldyOldy for the donation!

Last edited:

HighZenBurg

Newly Enlightened
I am in for the Eagletac SX25L3.
My girlfriend and I are about to impart on a West Coast Rd. trip to see Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and possibly Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. We've been trying to leave since late May, but things keep pushing us back. I just recently was self diagnosed with Candlepowerforumitis, which is a condition resulting in obsessive research on different types of illumination devices, but I digress.

I just recently purchased a couple of flashlights for the trip from Solarforce. We will spend our nights camping in the woods in a 4WD van, and exploring the backcountry. If I win this contest, I will be gifting this light to my girlfriend so she can spot any bears that may creep up on us in the nighttime hours. Thank you for the giveaway offer and good luck to me, and everyone else I guess… :)