Giveaway Thread (general info)

lunas

Enlightened
Wow this is very much my style almost nothing i own is not customized in some way humm this will give me an excuse to add a 26650 to my battery rotation...

radiopej

Enlightened
I've been trying to mod some Sipik clones with varying levels of success. I put an old XM-L2 and a Nichia 219 in so far. Not bad, but I'm still learning how to do it more cleanly. I'm also considering testing out other drivers. Once I feel more confident in this, I'm going to make one or two to donate to the thread. Would that be OK or would it be considered too dangerous based on any risks since I'm about 0.0005% Vinh?

lunas

Enlightened
Received the modded maglight today I am liking it a lot everything was done well. Very bright heavier than i imagined it might be. I cant help thinking about things to do to it to improve things more.

on the list

Glass lens
reinforce wiring (black indicator lead snapped when i removed the bezel the first time.)
i am also thinking of coloring the area around the reflector black.

Double Barrel

Enlightened
Received the modded maglight today I am liking it a lot everything was done well. Very bright heavier than i imagined it might be. I cant help thinking about things to do to it to improve things more.

on the list

Glass lens
reinforce wiring (black indicator lead snapped when i removed the bezel the first time.)
i am also thinking of coloring the area around the reflector black.

I'll take it! Thank you

Double Barrel

Enlightened
A little excited there, I think. It's the winner of the last giveaway saying that he received it :)

Lol..I'm just playing around. I have a mag I bought to mod, havent got around to it yet. So, I passed on this give-a-way...but he made it sound so good..lol.
I keep up with what's going on here. It's my favorite thread.

lunas

Enlightened
I have had the light for some time now and have had chances to use it. And add some additions... Glass lens is still on its way.
vicxfq.png

Some rubber grips i had a 42mm gitd o-ring and a little bit of black sharpie to black out the dead space around the bezel and reflector.

The light is really nice very wide floody beam produces a nice cone of light throw is about 100ft.

I kinda wish this is how mag light made them.

lunas

Enlightened
yes it should be here tomorrow or at least trapped at my post office i got a glass one and one for my AAA mini mag led. the glass

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next giveaway is live!

An Olight SR51, with accessories, in a nice metal case. Comes with two Eagletac 3100 mAh 18650s, and six Surefire CR123s. The primaries are perfect if you want to store it in the car, or you can use the rechargeables if you are using it frequently. It comes with two separate carriers (one for each type) so you can swap them out very easily.

DSC00362.JPG

To be included in the drawing, your post must include "I am in for the Olight SR51". Please also include something interesting/funny/inspiring/educational in your post. Links, pictures, videos, stories, you name it - just want to keep things interesting for everyone reading the thread.

Everyone is welcome to participate in this giveaway...international entries will be included as well. I will draw a name at 2200 EST Sunday, October 4. Winner can PM me with shipping details at that time.

Since it has been a while, a reminder is in order. If you haven't read the first post in this thread, please do so before posting.

Good luck!

DSC00363.JPG

Last edited:

chuckhov

Enlightened
Good to see you Doc!

This is a really great Giveaway that you are doing here - Thanks!

I'm gonna sit on the sidelines for this, as I just got a new light this week that is in the same vain as this one.

Thanks again for all that you do!
-Chuck

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in for the Olight SR51

Thanks for the chance, doc! I don't own any throwers at all, so this looks like it would be a good entry level light into that segment.

Want to change the Velcro closure on your phone holster or whatever into a magnetic closure? Link to my thread over on EDCF on how to do just that.

http://edcforums.com/threads/velcro-turned-into-magnet-catches.131196/

radiopej

Enlightened
Thanks for the new opportunity, Doc!

I am in for the Olight SR51.

0f8fa0fbda34b3f91ce3f89d3fe7d0f2.jpg

This image is of a bacterial aggregate community, stained with a Live/Dead kit and magnified x1000. We use the kit to see which cells are living and which are dead.

You can see here that the interior parts of the aggregate have died. These aggregates are made up of a mixed microbial community and the aggregate pictured is just visible to the naked eye. This may be due to nutrient flow and air exchange as normal, but we are trying to see where the cells providing energy are hiding in this mix.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in for the Olight SR51!

Thank you for a chance at a blaster Doc, you're a good soul doctor☺

I don't have much interesting but figure I've gone on at length about using lights in my cities river valley.
In this picture, is a bridge we call the High level bridge, or 9st.
It's very old, use to run full freight trains across the top until the early sixties, now a antique Chinese tram runs across in summer months as a tour.
The level below it is vehicle traffic, two lanes, one direction.
They switched it the year I started driving, maybe not legally though☺
It connected to a road downtown that had a tunnel that ran under more crossing train tracks, it was called the rat hole, many a races were held in there, obviously many crashes too. They filled it in, close to twenty years ago, was unneeded and flooded every bad storm.

Some local Groups raised I think it was around a million to light this bridge in LED that can be controlled. It's quite neat looking.
Seasonal colours, and cities team colours etc.

The valley it spans across is large but this is one of the narrower sections.
e2be3de28276fbec9c82a032809b4172.jpg

Other places it's a kilometer or much better across.

And under it lays one of the largest living green spaces in any city in North America..its a wild forest basically that runs through the middle of city, large, wide and deep.
So we get moose, deer, wolves, cougars, coyotes, bison, bears, and beavers obviously wander in at times too, they then take feeder ravines, into deeper parts of city and wind up in suburbs or downtown.

We get cold winters like other northern climates, with wind chills that'll freeze your eyes open if you don't blink fast enough. My man cave, is my garage, where I fiddle and tinker, heated by a little heater.

Yes, I am Canadian, and that is Edmonton I call home.
Hope I didn't bore anyone to death,
Have a great one at any rate.☺