Giveaway Thread (general info)

Strintguy

Enlightened
I am in for the Olight SR51.
I emigrated from the USA to Australia a few years ago. I was injured recently and didn't look at the news for a few weeks. When I got back to it, I realized that this whole "Donald Trump" thing isn't a joke after all. What a shock...

Henk4U2

Enlightened
I am in for the Olight SR51
What I want to show you is the French version of going down Niagara falls in a barrel. It's trying to drive as fast as possible around the centre of Paris on the "Route Periferique", a 22 mile 360 degree bypass. A young man (nickname The Black Prince) did it under 10 minutes on a 140 hp motorcycle with an average speed of 110 mph, not in the middle of the night, but in morning traffic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH1-tieh9rA This is part of a German TV documentary wit the catching sub-title: "nur der Tod fährt schneller" roughly translated: only death drives faster.

AmericanEDC

Newly Enlightened
I am in for the Olight SR51. Thank you for the chance.

A very big deal for lenders: Effective yesterday, Saturday, October 3 all of the paperwork people in the USA were required to be given for the purchase or refinance of a home has gone away, or completely changed. No more Good Faith Estimate or Truth in Lending statement (GFE and TIL) and no more HUD-1 Settlement Statement. All of that cryptic, mismatching nonsense is GONE, replaced with 2 documents that will now match up almost identically from the beginning of application to final closing. Called TRID for TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures it's now the law of the land and actually a pretty big deal in the United States.

The new documents are called Loan Estimate (LE) given within 3 days of application and the Closing Disclosure (CD) which now must be FINAL and provided 3 days prior to consummation of loan. So it's sort of a pre-closing for lenders now.

So, when shopping for a mortgage in the U.S.A. dont ask for a GFE anymore from the lender!

http://www.npr.org/2015/10/02/44534...t-homeowners-by-changing-mortgage-application

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thanks Doc!

How can you tell a male chromosome from a female chromosome?

Pull down its "genes".

I have been using this one for over 30 years of teaching. I just can't help myself.

J-mosh

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the giveaway.

Something interesting.
Did you know bubble wrap was invented in 1957 by 2 guys trying to make 3d wallpaper? Made crappy wallpaper but was great for packing. Just thought that might be something different. Lol

Roxxolid

Newly Enlightened

I have a Fenix PD35 and gave a Thrunite TN14 to my girlfriend, plus an Armytek to my buddy. I'd like to have a thrower for searching for my dog when he runs away. Lol

Roxxolid

Newly Enlightened
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/135489072" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks as always for doing this. Your generosity is unreal bud!

------------------------------------------------------------

This talk-box cover for a Daft Punk song is pretty awesome. I like Daft Punk, but I feel they have been a little heavy handed in the past for "sampling" other songs without truly giving credit where due. I guess that can be said for a lot of musicians these days though.

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone, I apologize for the delay. Was wiped last night...completely forgot to do the drawing until this morning.

SA Condor, your name came up! Please PM me with name/shipping info at your earliest convenience. Also include your e-mail if you want tracking updates from USPS.

lichan, Chaitanya, you are alternates if case he does not respond in a timely fashion.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
SA Condor you Sir are on a winning streak. Can you recommend some numbers to play in tonight's lottery? Lol. Just kidding. Congratulations. And thanks thedoc007 for an awesome prize.