Gotta Have Coffee!

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never enjoyed coffee, never drank it. Even during my time in the U.S. Army, where it's required... :) I JUST started drinking iced coffee, lightly sweetened. Cold brewed. There may be something to this coffee thing...
:twothumbs
Cold brew is usually stronger than regular drip coffee:) good choice to start with and there are many great selections even in the stores:))

NICSAK

Enlightened
Cold brew is my wife's go to! My father roasts and cold brews batches for her every few days. She's hooked.

NICSAK

Enlightened
Howdy NICSAK your completely correct once you start cold brew it's hard to stop. Your dad sounds like a great guy such a cool thing to do!!

Hey there bud! Yeah it's good stuff I have never been a big coffee drinker but find myself dipping into it every day now lol.

Mobileschoney

Newly Enlightened
Just made my morning cup of coffee using a Bee House ceramic coffee dripper. Man that thing makes a nice cup of coffee, also ground the locally roasted beans right before I brewed.
I don't always do the pour over, I will admit to just a Keurig when I'm in a hurry, glad there was no rush this morning [emoji3][emoji477]️

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
During working week I use a 10cup Stainless Steel stove top Bialetti und illy-Espresso.

Delivers one mug for breakfast, one for takeaway that keeps me awake until second breakfast break and gives me time to prepare my breakfast while "boiling up".

81qjL6xsGoL._SY679_.jpg

Pic linked from amazon.de
41h0HYwPKfL.jpg

For more volume or on weekend I use a Melitta/Friesland porcelain cone with Melitta Gourmet bags and small batch Arabica from a local roaster or French small batch Arabica when I made my way to France few times a year.

Cheers

RBR
Wow I can't believe I've never seen this before. I'm use to my kitchen aid automatic drip coffee maker but this Bialetti is really sweet looking. I've been reading up on it and great reviews. This is perfect for my cabin but I can see myself buying 2 one for home. This is What I truly love about CPF flashlights and so much more. I got a new puppy a week ago so I got up to let him put made a pot of coffee and came across this. I will be purchasing and sharing my experience!@
Great stuff RBR.....[emoji106]

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
During working week I use a 10cup Stainless Steel stove top Bialetti und illy-Espresso.

Delivers one mug for breakfast, one for takeaway that keeps me awake until second breakfast break and gives me time to prepare my breakfast while "boiling up".

81qjL6xsGoL._SY679_.jpg

41h0HYwPKfL.jpg

For more volume or on weekend I use a Melitta/Friesland porcelain cone with Melitta Gourmet bags and small batch Arabica from a local roaster or French small batch Arabica when I made my way to France few times a year.

Cheers

RBR

Now THIS is the way to go. My exact setup for whenever I'm going camping. I love the sound it makes when the coffee is ready, it's the signal that I'll soon be back to life...

Poppy

Flashaholic
Both my son and I confided in my daughter.
We each bought the other a Jetboil Coffee Press for Christmas.
LOL... I'm the only one with the Jetboil, but he takes when he goes, and I take it when I do.

Jetboils, really are terrific tools! :)
Now I can use it to make terrific coffee! Not instant.

Last edited:

irongate

Enlightened
I had to look up the Kalita Wave to see why you said it was more user-friendly, I don't see why. BUT... I see that they do offer filters for it now.

Yeah... we ended up kind of doing the cowboy dip method. Boiled up the coffee in a quart sized pot with a cover, and then filtered the coffee through the mesh/strainer of the tea infuser. LOL... it was a little bit of a rubes goldberg solution, but it was better than straining the coffee grinds out through my teeth :nana:

Just carry some paper filters with you, easy to carry and they work good to filter water also.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Just carry some paper filters with you, easy to carry and they work good to filter water also.
Funny
that you should say that!
On our last trip, we actually had electricity, and a 10 pot Mr. Coffee. For a desperate moment, we found that the filters were not packed!
Poppy to the rescue! In the little altoids tin survival kit I put together, I had a coffee filter. LOL... not for coffee, but rather to be an emergency dust mask, or a dirty water pre-filter.

PiperBob

Newly Enlightened
most people like the starbucks via
i like the traders 3 in 1 , more like NJ reg
the folgers takes time , but is most like fresh brewed to me
All must be in a Finish kuksa cup

if you read the ingredients, it's mostly instant coffee.

a few months ago I was in a Goodwill and they had a Revereware drip pot. It's all SS. Put coffee in the top, add the separator disc, pour hot water, wait. It's great because it works the same anywhere. Just heat water and pour.

LEDad

Newly Enlightened
My son was a Barista for a while and learned a lot about different coffees and ways to brew it. He got me hooked on making and drinking good coffee, but after a while I modified his 30 minute routine to brew a cup of coffee to fit my unwillingness to wait that long. I do buy good coffee beans from a website called Counter Culture, weigh the beans on a scale, grind them in a Baratza Grinder but then I brew them in a 5-cup Bonavita Coffee Maker. It makes a really good cup of coffee.