Grabbed an M90 rattlesnake from eBay!

325addict

Enlightened
I did it again:

in the last three seconds, I pushed my bid over the digital world wide web :p

The result: one more flashlight lovecpf

This time an M90 rattlesnake with 3X the 9V bulb was mine. The ideal light for 2X 18650 cells. Should give a decent amount of light, combined with over an hour of runtime. That combination was, what I needed :green:

It has the "four-LED-cap" at the end. Does this make any sense at all, or is it just a.... hmmm, how do you call this? .... a piece of crap?

Timmo.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has the "four-LED-cap" at the end. Does this make any sense at all, or is it just a.... hmmm, how do you call this? .... a piece of crap?

Once you start to use it in the right conditions at the appropriate time, you will understand the usefulness of this tailcap......Low light that lasts for ever and allows you to save the cells for the main lamp......two of my fav lamps for this light are, LF HO-9L and EO-9L.

.......to add......recently we had many power shutdowns here due to the heat wave, I used the Sniper and Rattlesnake in candle mode (ceiling bounce) using the LED tailcaps to provide basic light in two rooms. I am quite sure these could be left on all night without any issues.

Last edited:

Glen C

Enlightened
Further to Cernobila's comment about the LED tailcap, I left one running on a single cell 18650 Sniper from about 1000 Monday to 1600 Friday, 24hrs a day with no ill effects.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Further to Cernobila's comment about the LED tailcap, I left one running on a single cell 18650 Sniper from about 1000 Monday to 1600 Friday, 24hrs a day with no ill effects.

WOW!.......did not know that......amazing that only WE and Pila have this feature.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I see the usefullness if it. Although we don't have had any serious power failures in the last 20 years or so, you NEVER know when it happens :shakehead

I'm prepared!

Timmo.

Use it as your "all night walk light", it is bright enough for night walking and keeps your cells power for when you need the main lamp.....just turn the flashlight and press the switch for a quick look with the main lamp and then return to the LED to continue walking.....this will be quite addictive once you do this....

We like camping and do it often, I use this system when in a camp ground, other campers dont like very bright lights when you are walking past them so the LED tailcap is perfect.

Last edited:

ugrey

Enlightened
Your one sick puppy all right. You have it bad. Fotunately there is no known cure for flashaholism. So, just enjoy it as long as your cash and/or credit hold out.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Rattle Snake is a great light. So many combinations can be made with that model; super high output incan, long running LED... The Led tail cap a wonderfull item. You will understand when you recieve it.

Please do not use the LD tail cap when running a 13v setup. They are only rated to 12v. Found that out the hard way. Switch will still operate even after the LED's go :poof:

325addict

Enlightened
Well, as I don't like :poof: on my LEDs. I won't use them in a 13V setup (which I actually plan to try, with some extremely high output 700Lm lamp from Lumens Factory).
Thank you for this valuable hint :oops:

Yes, I have it bad indeed! Yesterday I missed an L1 on eBay... someone still had a higher bid :sigh:

Timmo.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Rattle Snake is a great light. So many combinations can be made with that model; super high output incan, long running LED... The Led tail cap a wonderfull item. You will understand when you recieve it.

Please do not use the LD tail cap when running a 13v setup. They are only rated to 12v. Found that out the hard way. Switch will still operate even after the LED's go :poof:

I know, an older thread.......

Heads-up........Just used my LED tailcap on the 3x 18650 / EO-13 set-up and have no problem using this. I spoke to Glen from WE AU and he said that these can handle the 13V set-up without any problems.

325addict

Enlightened
That's good to know! I guess, there are many different voltages for the tailcaps, as mine is stated as 12V on the small PCB in it.
When it is able to handle 4X 3V Lithiums, why it shouldn't be capable of handling 3X 3.7V then? I'll just try and take the risk. Worst case I fry the LEDs and/or series-resistors. I can fix this.

Thank you very much for the valueable hint...

Timmo.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's good to know! I guess, there are many different voltages for the tailcaps, as mine is stated as 12V on the small PCB in it.
When it is able to handle 4X 3V Lithiums, why it shouldn't be capable of handling 3X 3.7V then? I'll just try and take the risk. Worst case I fry the LEDs and/or series-resistors. I can fix this.

Thank you very much for the valueable hint...

Timmo.

Well on mine it shows 9V and works without any problems.....

BigStoke

Newly Enlightened
Nice light, I had never really considered it. I will have to look into it more for a walking light.