hacked novatac 120E help please to get minimum

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone, yes I have searched, all I could find is that from on triple clicking takes you to minimum.

When I do this it takes me into beacon mode?

I have managed to hack it to get get into option 9 programming and set primary to lowest, but I still only have 3 levels, just like before, I thought hacking it would give me all the levels, eg primary secondary minimum and maximum.

I only have primary secondary and maximum. When I click 3 times it goes into beacon mode just like a 120E.

Anyone help me here??

sigsour

Newly Enlightened
Based off of memory, I think you go to beacon mode and then double click and press hold to go to the next level until you reach the level you want.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats what I though and tried it but the light went mental, do you click click press+hold and keep holdin until you get to the next mode just like ramping

sigsour

Newly Enlightened
I am sure it is double click hold until it finally gets to where you are happy... after SOS mode it should go to the lowest setting.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK I tried again and nailed it, now got my low, med, super low and max.

Thanks sigsour,

PS dont go away there are more things that baffle me about this great light, when I enable tactical momentary and go to turn back on it wont stay on, not even if I click on (i have to do a factory reset and start the 250 clicks again), simple momentary works, click to stay on press for momentary.

sigsour

Newly Enlightened
Now you need to upgrade to a Luxeon K2 emitter. I love mine; more throw and the perfect tint.

Last edited:

southernstar

Newly Enlightened
I enable tactical momentary and go to turn back on it wont stay on, not even if I click on (i have to do a factory reset and start the 250 clicks again), simple momentary works, click to stay on press for momentary.

the way i remember it,Tactical momentary is a purely momentary mode, the light will only stay on when the button is depressed.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you cant turn it back on how do you get into the programming option to turn the tactical momentary off? Am I missing something here?

blub

Enlightened
From what I understand is that you must do a factory reset to get out of the tactical mode. I did it once, now I don't use it, I'm too lazy to reprogram it.

Option 8: Tactical Momentary (short-short-long flash)
The Tactical Momentary option provides a pure momentary mode of operation. When the button is pressed, the light will be on. When released, the light will be off. Any desired configuration changes (such as forcing on to Maximum) must be made before enabling the Tactical Momentary option.
If the Automatic Button Lock option is enabled, the button will lock upon enabling the Tactical Momentary option and the light remains dark when the button is pressed. Upon releasing the Automatic Button Lock (triple-click), the light will remain off until the button is pressed again.
When both the Tactical Momentary option and the Automatic Button Lock option are enabled, a Soft-Reset will force the button to lock. Tactical Momentary is disabled by performing a Factory-Reset.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah i wont be using that mode again thanks for the info, I must have doen about 1000 clicks tonight hackning my 120E lol:naughty:

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here it is:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=190729

Looks like he is sold out of the TFFC but you can get the UWOE.

And here is the Mod link:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/244730&highlight=novatac
Thanks -- lots of good info in those links. Doesn't seem like there's a huge difference between the emitters, overall. I'm wondering if it is better to go with the slightly less powerful one, given the heat considerations of the stronger emitter... :thinking: