HALLOWEEN 2023 THREAD

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats fake news

No Raggie, suggesting Carrot Top invented Halloween is a falsehood, he was born in 1965 and was still a minor when I first encountered the Americanised Celebration of Halloween at Primary School during the 70s.

The Encyclopedia Brittanica is considered one of the world's best repositories of knowledge.

Superstition regarding the dead walking the earth has existed for all of human history culminating in the Pagan ritual of placing food outside as an offering during "All Hallows Eve"

I am curious however as to what source suggested otherwise?

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I used to love candy corn as well as those little pumpkin candies made out of the same stuff. These days I don't eat it because it does something funky to my stomach. I think there's way more HF corn syrup in it than there used to be.
Used to be made from honey, that is why.

JoeJoe

Newly Enlightened
One of my favorite memories was a Billy Joel concert right around or on Halloween, in his heyday. Before the concert really started, he and the band came out and performed Halloween songs and hits like Monster mash. We loved it. Best show ever. Saw it at the Rosemont in the Suburbs of Chicago, before Chicago became a Dem cesspool.