Has Anyone Received a Lummi Order Recently? 18 Months and Waiting...

Norm

Retired Administrator
By the way, what do us 10180-owning do when this supply dries up? Do our flashlights eventually become worthless once we've worn out our current stock of 10180s?

I've purchased 10180s from Steve KU in the past.

Norm

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I've purchase 10180s from Steve KU in the past.

Norm
Anyone wanting a single level Wee, while you're over at Steve Ku's site, just take a look at the 38DD, 40DD and 44DD. Steve delivers, takes care of all customer issues, is polite to a fault and... (wait for it).... never lies to or steals from his customers.

You get one of his 10180 lights and you get one level if that's all you want, or sweepable output. Did I say you'll actually receive your light?

Craig has some of his lights in stock if I'm not mistaken.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suspect AW isn't shipping to Rob for the same reason many of us aren't buying from Rob. The Lummi thread on "Jeers" should be a sticky on the front pages of both CPF and CPFMP. Frankly I'm surprised this thief isn't in jail yet.

I have a feeling this has nothing to do with AW at all, just Rob making up excuses/blaming others to not fulfill orders.

D2000

Enlightened
Just to follow up on my quest for a custom EDC.. I decided to go with a Tri EDC from Macs Customs - Far better quality, reliability, and barely (if any) negative reception/feedback about shipping or order fulfillment. The torch itself is INSANELY good. Would have totally regretted risking it on a Lummi after seeing this..

Thanks everyone for all your kind words and advice - i definitely steered clear and did not want to risk it, nor support this lowlife with no integrity. Eric242 your advice stood out the most.

Cheers.

Last edited:

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Latest update: since I was able to source 10180s elsewhere (from AW no less), I was able to speak to Rob to amend my order to include 14250 cells in place of the 10180s. As things stand, the only thing holding up my order is the resistors for the new light engine.

busyapebusy

Newly Enlightened
same here.. first he just told me the battery is not arrived yet then parts then no reply... i was paid by paypal. now it past 3 months already I can do nothing for refund....

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
As pointed out so many times in these threads, the problem is not batteries - it's a self-serving mentality on part of Lummi and the man should be in jail.

busyapebusy

Newly Enlightened
yeah.. i have ordered a 10180 cells too.. this is the first reason he told me to delay the order

D2000

Enlightened
Once again very sorry people are still being hurt by this fraudster.

TO ANYONE READING THESE FORUMS THAT IS EVEN REMOTELY THINKING ABOUT BUYING A LUMMI!

DON'T!

Don't even bother or entertain the idea that "this time may be different" or "well he's fullfilled other peoples orders."
He has thousands of dollars of payment from customers and has ignored many many people.

DO NOT EVEN TRY!

He lies, twists the truth and plays upon the good nature of people.

EXPECT FALSE PROMISES AND THOROUGH DISAPPOINTMENT!

Last edited:

cactux

Newly Enlightened
I have been considering buying one Wee NS Ti. Seems like you can buy it using google wallet. I thought that you are protected, just like PayPal. Am I wrong?. BTW what will be a nice replacement of the Wee NS Ti (size, +200 lumens, ti).

cheers

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cactux,

Rob and I have a long, positive history, but this latest order has been riddled with delays, and the loss of the Lummi Paypal account pretty much rules out any form of a refund. I have even sourced 10180 cells from elsewhere to make it easier for Rob to fulfil the order since I knew he was out of stock on these. Will I receive my order? I don't know, but things don't look promising.

Mick

cactux

Newly Enlightened
MikeSait,

Thanks for your replay. Sorry to hear about all these issues :-|. Since Lummi is out of the equation, which other small flashlights are out there with similar features or better (same size).

cheers

Cactux,

Rob and I have a long, positive history, but this latest order has been riddled with delays, and the loss of the Lummi Paypal account pretty much rules out any form of a refund. I have even sourced 10180 cells from elsewhere to make it easier for Rob to fulfil the order since I knew he was out of stock on these. Will I receive my order? I don't know, but things don't look promising.

Mick

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slightly larger but equally as portable...you could try the magnificent MBI HF-R or the out of production Tain P0 as well. The former just continue to surprised me and I ended up carrying it quite a lot while the latter is just such well machined piece of art and takes in an easily obtainable AAA battery. Both of which are much much more functional & desirable than the Lummi, in my opinion!