Have a new 2016 Corolla and I'm still getting "flashed"

utlgoa01

Newly Enlightened
Both my 2012 and 2016 had, have LED low beams and I'm getting flashed with high beams from oncoming traffic on a daily basis. It's to the point that I'm driving with my fingers on the lever prepared to flash them back. Anyone else having this problem ?

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both my 2012 and 2016 had, have LED low beams and I'm getting flashed with high beams from oncoming traffic on a daily basis.
Where are you that your 2012 Corolla had LED low beams? North American Corollas didn't get LED low beams until the 2014 model year.

It's to the point that I'm driving with my fingers on the lever prepared to flash them back. Anyone else having this problem ?
On a car with factory-equipped headlamps (whether HID, halogen, or LED), you should go to the dealer and have them check the aim of the lamps with an optical headlamp aimer, rather than just constantly flash people back. You might also have a problem with the rear suspension, or are overloading the trunk, which could make the headlamps aim up a little higher than usual.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Both my 2012 and 2016 had, have LED low beams

The '12 Corolla did not have LED low beams.

I'm getting flashed with high beams from oncoming traffic on a daily basis. It's to the point that I'm driving with my fingers on the lever prepared to flash them back.

That's rude and unhelpful of you. They're trying to tell you something, and it's probably that your headlamps are aimed too high. Take the car to the dealer service department, tell them you're getting flashed all the time on low beam, and have them adjust the aim correctly with an optical headlamp aiming machine (not just by shining the lamps on a wall, and not by just randomly adjusting them downward).

utlgoa01

Newly Enlightened
My bad, I meant 2014 instead of 2012. Both cars are leased vehicles with empty trunks at the time of each incident/s Considering that no one else is having the same problem with their Corolla then it must be my bad luck to have two new vehicles with poorly aimed headlights. I will follow your advice and follow up with the dealer.

mikered30

Newly Enlightened
Do you carry a lot of weight in the trunk or backseat? That could lower the rear suspension and give drivers the impression your high beams are on.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen these Corollas and they all (the ones I've seen at night)
have a cutoff which appears too bright 1/10 the time. when corolla goes over simple road imperfections will glare you a bit
but when you get closer (60 yards or less) it normalizes ....I think it's inherent in the assembly or setup

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen a few of these on the road, and even in daylight there was a lot of glare. But not as bad as a Cadillac Escalade.

mikered30

Newly Enlightened
My friend has a current gen corolla for a few months now, he says he gets flashed all the time by other drivers when he has his low beams on. When he takes it in for free service next week he will ask the dealer to adjust the lights.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
When he takes it in for free service next week he will ask the dealer to adjust the lights.
Not to sound like a broken record, but: He needs to be sure they use an optical headlamp aimer-- or, if all they can do is the lights on the wall method, that they take extreme care to find an appropriate location and do everything to a T. He might want to print this out and take it to the dealer in case they don't have an aimer.