Have you ever heard of JetBeam?

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The t6 is their best light yet. I bought my first jetbeam, a pa-10 approx 5 years ago and it hasn't let me down yet. It's a little weird though. It's a decent, though large, aa light. But if you use a 14500 battery, it's like a direct drive, single mode 600 Lumen beast. Kind of like 2 completely different lights with a battery change. It's built like a tank.

There's also their bike light which is quite slim for edc carry also (and it comes in red)

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam got quality lights. Have bought 2. The first one was ages ago. It was making a buzz here on cpf. Really well buildt. A jet II. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...*-IBS-Review-RUNTIMES-COMPARISONS-FOCUS-SHOTS!

Sold it to a friend of mine years ago. Still lives. Even when he lost the light down over 20 meters (he worked as a mecanic on a big boat). He told me it was hitting stairs and pipes and stuff all the way down.. And landed in a pool of water an oil. He was certian he killed the light, but it was fine, it just turned off on one of the impacts on the way down.

About one month ago when i saw the promotion sale here on cpf for the new jet 1, for a fantastic price, i did not hesitate. That one is also really nice buildt. So nice, i modded it with a neutral xp-l hi. I rarely swap leds in lights i dont like. So thats a compliment :)

Last edited:

PeterRamish

Newly Enlightened
Just found one of their products on Amazon when waiting for the final result of the election:JETBeam KO-01.
Looks cool but very expensive. The current price is $59.98. Compared with the product itself, its high-price arouses more curiosity of me. How do you think about it?

go here: http://www.flashlightreviews.ca/reviews.htm

and scroll down till you get these links.. it will get you pointed in the right direction. And despite what some have said, remember, the only dumb question is the one not asked..

JetBeam BA20 (Cree XP-G R5, 2xAA) - BACKUPJetBeam BC10 (Cree XP-G R5, 1xCR123A) - BACKUP
Jetbeam BC25se (XM-L2, 1x18650, 2xCR123A/RCR)
JetBeam BC40 (Cree XM-L, 2x18650/4xCR123A) - BACKUP
JetBeam C-LE V1 (Cree)
JetBeam C-LE V1.2 (Cree)
JetBeam C-LE V2.0 (Cree Q2)
JetBeam Element E3 (Cree Q2)
JetBeam Element E3P (Cree Q5)
Jetbeam i4 PRO Intellicharger
Jetbeam Jet-u (SSC P4)
JetBeam Jet-I MK.II.X (Cree P4)
JetBeam Jet-I MK IBS (Cree Q5)
JetBeam Jet-I PRO (Cree R2)
JetBeam Jet-I PRO IBS (Cree Q5)
JetBeam Jet-I PRO EX V2.0 (Cree Q5)
JetBeam Jet-II IBS PRO (Cree Q5)
JetBeam Jet-II PRO (Cree Q5)
JetBeam Jet-III IBS PRO (Cree Q5)
JetBeam Jet-III M - Military (Cree Q5) - BACKUP
JetBeam Jet-III PRO ST (Cree Q5)
JetBeam M1X Review (Cree M-CE) - BACKUP
JetBeam PA01 (Cree XP-G R5, 1xAA) - BACKUP
JetBeam PA20 (XP-G, 2xAA)
JetBeam PA40 (XM-L T6, 4xAA) - BACKUP
JetBeam PC10 (XM-L, 1xCR123A/RCR)
JetBeam PC20 (XM-L, 2xCR123A/RCR)
Jetbeam RRT0se (XM-L2, 1xCR123A/RCR, 1xAA/14500)
Jetbeam RRT-01 (XM-L, 1xCR123A/RCR/18350)
JetBeam RRT-2 Raptor (Cree XR-E R2)
JetBeam RRT-15 (XM-L, 2x18500/3xCR123A)
JetBeam RRT-21 (XM-L, 1x18650/2xCR123A)
Jetbeam RRT26 (XM-L2 3xRGB, 1x18650, 2xCR123A/RCR)
JetBeam SRA40 (XM-L2, 4xAA)

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey mate Jetbeam is a awesome brand! I have 6 of there lights. This light is so expensive because it is a Jetbeam light but its marketed as a Niteye which is Jetbeam high end branding. Some one has a review up about the light.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?420430-Review-JETBeam-KO-01

I didn't realize Niteye was like Jetbeam's Cadillac of brands. Is Nitecore still related to Jetbeam?

I've owned a few Jetbeams. My 1st ever LED light was a BC-10 and I carried it daily in my pocket for over a year. I owned a Jetbeam PC-10, which I gave to a cousin, and a PA-10, which I gave to an elderly client. They all seemed rugged and reliable. By now, all of those models are older and have essentially outdated LED's compared to newer models, but they were all bought in 2011 and 2012.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
The t6 is their best light yet. I bought my first jetbeam, a pa-10 approx 5 years ago and it hasn't let me down yet. It's a little weird though. It's a decent, though large, aa light. But if you use a 14500 battery, it's like a direct drive, single mode 600 Lumen beast. Kind of like 2 completely different lights with a battery change. It's built like a tank.

There's also their bike light which is quite slim for edc carry also (and it comes in red)

I gave away my PA-10 because I wasn't ever using it, and because It only had 1 setting with a 14500. That made it very inconvenient to me, because I would hardly ever need 600L from my edc light, so I only kept a 1.2v battery in it, which gave more settings. But it was large for an AA light, and with an Eneloop it had less than 1/2 the brightness on high of other much smaller AA lights. It will make a decent emergency light for the elderly client I gave it to, because she will either keep it in a drawer or hang it from a keyrack in its holster in her kitchen. It's way brighter than the old 6v lantern she had and much smaller!

BriteLite2

Enlightened
i was joking for gods sake. wasn't trying to mock anybody. it was a statement on my age thus if anyone was being mocked it was myself for being an old fart .

lighten up a little maybe?

I apologize for getting anyones panties in a bunch :(

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
FIRST OF ALL: kudos to whom kudos belong!!
FENIX was the 1st mass produced, medium priced, high quality light maker.
In fact they simply created that market ...

Shortly afterwards Jetbeam had some offerings.
Most of them were way more interesting,
f.e. that extremely innovative
de22nv3i7zrhhxrol.jpg

I really like(d) that light.
very small, natural HA, those "square" threads and especially the programming feature.

Unfortunately the small head diameter - tradeoff for pocketing - gave visibly worse output to the then starting P60 inserts

... and now - for years now - I am completely sold to 18650 host light + P60 inserts,
to me it is not explainable, why anyone would want to get a "fixed" light, that is "obsolete", when the next generation of diodes gets released
with the host light + led-insert "thing" one can easily arrange ones lighting needs to what one wants
(color choice, power choice, battery, number of levels, ...)
:thinking:

PS: ~ 60,-- for a light that is made using good materials, parts, finishing and QC, is not expensive, that is reasonable

Last edited:

harro

Enlightened
Have a BC40 X-ML Tough, simple ui
RRT3 with a rareish SST50 and olive finish
DDR30GT XHP70.
All, imvho, are very nicely finished. The company did have a bit of a lull period a few years back, but they seem to have returned pretty strong in the last 18 - 24 months.

Witterings

Enlightened
I recently bought the II Pro ... brilliant little light with one of the nicest beam profiles of all my torches although could be a little warmer tint in an ideal world.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Jetbeam making a comeback? I wonder why Sysmax revived the brand. Isn't Nitecore brand enough? Oh well, could be a marketing strategy so if you choose either Nitecore or Jetbeam, Sysmax still wins. :) (To those that dont know, Jetbeam was the original brand carried by Sysmax, then Nitecore came around, both are subsidiaries of Sysmax including Niteeye or something like that)

swan

Banned
Is Jetbeam making a comeback? I wonder why Sysmax revived the brand. Isn't Nitecore brand enough? Oh well, could be a marketing strategy so if you choose either Nitecore or Jetbeam, Sysmax still wins. :) (To those that dont know, Jetbeam was the original brand carried by Sysmax, then Nitecore came around, both are subsidiaries of Sysmax including Niteeye or something like that)

Sysmax / Nitecore used to market Jetbeam lights, but some years ago they parted ways.

Jetbeam and Niteye are the same company and now market and distribute them selves and frankly do not do their excellent lights justice with their website or new product releases and media.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem with the name Jetbeam is that, in Europe (or parts of Europe) the name "Jetbeam" is registered to the owner of Sysmax / Nitecore. Therefore Jetbeam lights are not allowed to be sold in the particular european countries. In the past Sysmax / Nitecore really stopped selling Jetbeam lights in this countries. But actually I do not know if this is still the case. For this reason you can find most Jetbeam lights in Europe Niteye branded.

Only for the newer members, Sysmax was in the beginning of Jetbeam / Nitecore owned by two brothers. They aparted and split up the flashlight brands. Guess it is ~6 years or so ago.