HDS Accessories; Lanyards, clips, carry holsters, etc.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your pocket rig is the cat's meow. How are you and that tactical getting along, anyway?
That light is getting me home.
Thursday nights are me after Theatre Group standing in a field at 11 pm flashing it at the trees and being glad it came with me. The sock doesn't provide a fast deploy, though.
P

indigon

Enlightened
HDS 200 Rotary XP-G (Ebay rescue)
Astrolux S1/BLF A6 Flashlight Stainless Steel Titanize Body Clip.
Quad-Constrictor knot paracord lanyard, Lee #162 pale amber filter under lens = 4600k-ish, Doubled Novatac cap boot.
2fGQh6g.jpg

thermal guy

Flashaholic
HDS 200 Rotary XP-G (Ebay rescue)
Astrolux S1/BLF A6 Flashlight Stainless Steel Titanize Body Clip.
Quad-Constrictor knot paracord lanyard, Lee #162 pale amber filter under lens = 4600k-ish, Doubled Novatac cap boot.
2fGQh6g.jpg

Now I know. Every time I saw this picture of your light I kept wondering why the hell is the front all ballooned out lol

indigon

Enlightened
In my crowd, I only get two questions when I show them my HDS light..

1) How much do you need to get me one of those.. ?
2) How soon can you get it to me.. ?

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my crowd, I only get two questions when I show them my HDS light..

1) How much do you need to get me one of those.. ?
2) How soon can you get it to me.. ?

I gave a brand new clicky away to a relative since he needed a reliable and durable light for work. I wanted him to have a light that he can use for a long time. One day, I received a text. He gave it away and requested that I give him another one. I linked him the HDS website...

Last edited:

indigon

Enlightened
I like things that work. Situations can get hairy and go sideways in a hurry. When you are responsible for many souls and millions $ in equipment, it's good to have something reliable. This light has literally saved my butt on more than a few occasions..
Granted, I go overboard on beefing my HDS lights up, but for good reason..
Call me old-fashioned, fundamentals are everything, in any trade.

Last edited:

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only accessory I use on an HDS is a diffuser. A hex-shaped one gives you anti-roll, bezel and lens protection, and a perfect beam for close range use.

indigon

Enlightened
popcorn.gif
HDS Lanyard Pics

(Posted by CLBME; 02-18-2015 at 06:23 AM)

I've experimented with several ideas over the years with my Ra and HDS lights. The one I keep coming back to is either a Gaucho knot or turk's head knot over a loop. The loop allows for the attachment of various lanyards. I wear my 170 when out plowing using the neck lanyard shown. I also have wrist lanyards that can be clipped in the same spot. Of course, a decorative lanyard can also be attached. My twisty is a bit easier to handle given the hole in the battery tubes. The Turk's head or Gaucho knot also makes a great place to bite as noted. There are simpler methods for tying such as a constrictor knot, etc.

[/URL]​

Last edited by CLBME; 02-18-2015 at 06:23 AM.​

(Posted by fl0t; 02-18-2015, 03:25 AM)

Not a lanyard, but works for me on many situations:

IMG_20150218_071336~2.jpg

Last edited:

indigon

Enlightened
Re: How Do You EDC Your HDS RA Clicky?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jslappa
Usually, I would carry one clicky attached to me right front pocket. After receiving a custom holster by Hogo, I can now carry 2 clickies and 2 spare cells on my belt. The smooth bezel is a Hi Cri. The crenelated bezel is a 140 custom. Though the previous owner of my Ti Ra carried it quite a bit, I have yet to do so.

DSC_1558.jpg

DSC_1559.jpg

indigon

Enlightened
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by antikythera

I keep it loose in my front left pocket with some paracord for grip. However, I had to make a pouch for my phone out of denim and paracord to keep the light from chewing it up! :shrug:

DSC_3043.JPG

indigon

Enlightened
Here's another older V2 200 XP-G Rotary with a short stainless clip & stainless bezel, double constrictor lanyard. This one has a little bling..

Edited to add: The clip end rides about a millimeter above the head barrel, so no worry about scratching it. You can often find these old users in good condition very reasonably priced. I like to clean them up and get them out to folks who wouldn't normally come across one of these, they are such a great light. All the older legacy HDS user manuals are also available as PDF's on the HDS site.
lYN5yDM.jpg

Last edited:

GoVegan

Enlightened
On my most recent order I added a standard clip for my Executive which is now generally kept bedside, not as bad as I thought it would be (would be better if it was coated stainless steel for rust resistance as opposed to spring steel), I'll leave it on I think as it will at least stop it from rolling. Still I prefer clip-less for EDC, much better ergonomics, and a clip is by far the best way to lose a light too.

CLBME

Enlightened
Hi Indigon,

I didn't know that picture was still available! Well done to find it. I still carry the lights the same way. Thanks for posting. Great thread. Cheers, Christian

hjkl

Newly Enlightened
I usually put a SF F0X filter cap with the lens removed on the tail cap which helps with more stable tailstanding (necessary for raised tailswitches) and as an anti-roll device. For clickies, I put a split ring on the clip for use with a lanyard, and also a ranger band on the body under the clip. Rotaries just go in the pocket. I also use a punched vinyl cap on the bezel like indigon. I have some generic clear flip-up scope covers which I add diffusion film to to use as a tip-off diffuser.

lcaKOXT

https://imgur.com/a/lcaKOXT (can't upload images :shrug:)