• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

HDS EDC Rotary Pass Around

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Candle mode is fun. It is a battery killer though!

I have an idea for a single HDS case I may get around to tomorrow... something unique. I have a few other orders to do first, so we will see how the day goes.

mcm308

Enlightened
My final thoughts...

Quality is top shelf. Looking inside ,it is quite busy in there.
Size is perfect. Knurling is spot on, not to rough nor smooth.
Manipulation was fluid for me out of the pocket.
It is essentially a clicky so if your a clicky guy like myself, its still a clicky to turn on and off. The name "Rotary " may be a bit deceiving for folks who dont know. Atleast it was for me. I was expecting to have to rotate something to fire it but that is not the case. Its like having a gas pedal to dial in what you need on the fly after you fire it. And I really really dig it!

Obviously I am not commenting on the LED or output. I think thats a moot point here. Except that I have mentioned the beam gets a little floody when you get out of the house at further distances. That is all on that. I am an incan guy all the way and everyone seems to like different emitters anyway. Although I will say, the calibrated 200 lumens was more then sufficient for my needs and purposes.

So.. today the light moves on to next on the list. I will surely miss it until I can afford my own. This opportunity opened up a new set of big double doors for me. Now I have to go find all the HDS threads and read while I save my nickels.

Hogo, I cant thank you enough for this opportunity. I never would have considered until now but I am surely sold. You know what would be wild for a limited run and I dont know if its even a remote possibility but Hi-Vis yellow! Hmmm ..lol

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! It's the shipping cost. It could be done though if there is enough interest. Maybe when this one wraps up.
In case you are willing to have one HDS for an international passaround I could check out if there is any interest in Germany. I could also make the doing in Germany. After the PA is finished the light would go back to you.:poke:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know what would be wild for a limited run and I dont know if its even a remote possibility but Hi-Vis yellow! Hmmm ..lol

That would be an interesting option. I will check into it. It seems we have most other colors (Forensic Blue, Green, Red, infrared, and a limited run of UV coming soon) not to mention 31 flavors of various tints recently... well, maybe not 31 but it seems like it.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
In case you are willing to have one HDS for an international passaround I could check out if there is any interest in Germany. I could also make the doing in Germany. After the PA is finished the light would go back to you.:poke:

Count me in for the pass around in Germany.

Last edited:

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
Your correct! The body, not the beam. Haha
The light has shipped to KentuckyMike.

Should be here today, per tracking, though my local USPS has been unusually bad lately so we'll see. Hopefully my 16340s on the way from Illumn make it before I have to ship the light on...I'd really like to try it with LiIons. Can't wait to play with it either way.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
can I get on the list...:p:crackup:

This is a great idea for letting people have the chance to check out either a rotary or executive.

Hope everyone has enjoyed their experience:thumbsup:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an idea for a single HDS case I may get around to tomorrow... something unique. I have a few other orders to do first, so we will see how the day goes.

Okay, waited long enough. I will take the bait (probably best in the EDC or holster thread).

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Candle mode is fun. It is a battery killer though!

Haha I had three of mine on the table in "candle mode" last night while enjoying some adult beverages and watching boxing. and my wife walked in, shook her head, said what the heck, shook her head again then went back to bed.

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
I really, really like this flashlight. But there are a few issue. It might be light specific...

I put in a battery, played with it a bit. I checked the voltage of the battery, out of curiosity, it was about 2.96. I thought that was a bit low for how little I ran it. I did this with a few others (multiple brands) and within 60 seconds of use they were all under 3v. That just doesn't seem right. Is the light supposed to be on the moment you twist the body back on? When I out the new battery in and close the light it's on. The rotary doesnt work. I click the button and it goes into strobe. Another click turns it off. Once I turn the light on again from there it works.

I know the voltage sags under load, I let them sit. The voltage never recovered above 3v. The new batteries I tried were all between 3.24-3.3 -- pretty confused..

Light is now in hand.

I've noticed the same behavior. With about 10 minutes of use, less than half on Max (the other half in the 33-66% output range), new primaries are down to 2.95, and recover to 2.98V. Another new primary, same. Will get a longer term test done when dark comes, but it's a thirsty little guy. Have new IMR16340s on the charger to try after I burn a few primaries down to empty.

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
Initial impressions (beyond those above): I love the momentary max when on rotary setting constant-on. In practice, it works almost like a gas pedal switch-just mash for max. Great for walking the dog (or walking downtown). I would need true momentary for those times I have a pistol, so I would need the Tactical Rotary, but the versatility of the pseudo-infinite ramping is great. Wife loved candle mode....ha.

Question. I know the Tactical has half the output choices for the rotary, but is the range the same? That is, are 1 and 12 on the Tac the same outputs as 1 and 24 on the Rotary?