• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

HDS EDC Rotary Pass Around

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
For anyone wondering, the light should be in my hands today. USPS had a snafu and got it stuck between two regional distribution centers and then for some reason sent it to the lower east side of hell in Kentucky. (I work there sometimes, its bad.....guess thats why they named it hazard!) then BACK to the wrong distribution center where it sat for two days, and then it finally hit my regional distribution center.

Well, it's nice to know the post office is running their operation much in the same way as I run my life!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Light is in hand.

First impressions. I absolutely love the form factor. The rotary is very easy to use even with one hand, I grip the light (I'm about 6' 260 but i have gorilla hands, my actual hand is huge but my fingers look like baby carrots on steroids) This particular sample has a flush button which i figured I would hate but I can activate the switch even with gloves on which is a huge plus for me. I still prefer a raised button for my needs but that is something to keep in mind since my only issue would have been operating with gloved hands. I do actually like this interface better than the clicky because however much light you need is instantly at your fingertips. Love the easy access to blaster mode whenever you need it. I generally walk in the woods with my lights pretty low, when I hear something that sounds bigger than me crashing off to the side of me I do like to have that ability to get to a brighter setting almost instantly. Rotary function seems pretty smooth to me, if I really try I can feel the fingers in the mechanism engaging, not a huge problem and don't know why it would matter, just a note. Very impressed with this model, I have one on the way and im glad I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it, I can tell it will definitely be used. Going to mess around with it tonight then ship it out tomorrow. Thanks for the opportunity!

Ive seen people ask about 1 hand operation, this is how im holding it with arthritis and its still not hard to execute. Excuse my warped thumb knuckle in this picture, i broke it on a guys head in 2003 and it never quite moved back to the proper spot, i can pop it back in place but it just comes back out and then sits behind my hand for a while.......... it doesnt feel good so I leave it as is. : D

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well all you need now is a holster... maybe something like this that slides onto a 2 inch wide web belt for left side carry...

Just a thought! LOL!

img-1777.jpg

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to just take a job in Arizona or nearby and throw my money at your house. I need belts. A shield .45 2.0 holster. Another 1911 Yaqui holster (bless you Col. Cooper) heck I could go on and on.

Dang. Closest we get is west Texas. Haha

Last edited:

mcm308

Enlightened
Usps tracking says I should have it today. Will update later when I get home from work.

mcm308

Enlightened
Light is in hand! This being the first HDS of any kind I have ever touched. First impression, Im impressed by its form. I will fire it up in a bit and start to play. Stay tuned...

mcm308

Enlightened

Ok. The size is almost too perfect! I was expecting it to be bigger. The one thing I was not sure about was the manipulation. But its fluid from my cigar hold to fire it using the middle joint of my thumb to a little reversal to adjust the rotary back to my cigar hold for use. The button/ rotary cap feels very good.

I love the range of light. It does get low..so low you can almost forget its on if your not in pitch dark. I use a low light quite often in the house when Im getting ready for work in the AM while wifie is still in bed so its very useful. I also use a low for doggy walking and picking up the poop..lol but not as low as what I use in the house.

The ability to get max on the button, awesome as others have mentioned for obvious reasons. Perfect for doggy walking and being able to light something up if needed.

A key thing for me here... the ability to TAILSTAND! YES!!
Im sold on that alone. Emergency situations with no power, i like to be able to stand a light on the table. Also in a low mode to get good run time. I keep a 72 box of Surefire 123's in the house. Ive been through Sandy. All my emergency lights can run on 123's.

My one big dislike. The rotary stop screw. Is that threadlocked in there or something? What's the possibility of that little bugger coming loose?

I think thats about it for now. I'll use it tonight when we go for our walk and I'll update more.

Last edited:

mcm308

Enlightened
Has anyone tried candle mode?
You mean there is a lower then low? Lol

I had it out last night and I am in love! I definitely want one. The UI is really good. I noticed when I finally got outside the beam on this one got a little floody. I like that.

So today its riding in my pocket for the day. And this is where the size is perfect like I said. I dont even really feel it in there. Another good thing about the flush button is zero chance of accidental activation in the pocket. Its almost like having a SAK in the pocket. I carry one of those too. But my SAK is in my other pocket so they wont bash around. I will use it through the day today tonight and send it off tomorrow.

Now I need to come up with 3 bennies to buy one..lol

What are the pocket clips available for this type? I may look into a horizontal holster for my belt.

Last edited:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
May be a good idea to send different holsters with the pass around lights. The holsters demonstrate the portability of the lights and the value and possibilities of the holsters.

The four different holsters I suggest include: 1. front pocket holster, 2. horizontal battery strap, 3. downward draw, and 4. canted.

(Or, maybe have a holster pass around, if CPF agrees)

The value of sending such an expensive ($825) traveling package is the buzz on the light and the different holster possibilities. Plus, from research we know that many HDS flashlight and Thors Hammer Custom Holster owners purchase their first and then second and then third...very few owners just have one. So, every new customer will generate many product sales.

p1110537445.jpg

Last edited:

mcm308

Enlightened
May be a good idea to send different holsters with the pass around lights. The holsters demonstrate the portability of the lights and the value and possibilities of the holsters.

The four different holsters I suggest include: 1. front pocket holster, 2. horizontal battery strap, 3. downward draw, and 4. canted.

(Or, maybe have a holster pass around, if CPF agrees)

The value of sending such an expensive ($825) traveling package is the buzz on the light and the different holster possibilities. Plus, from research we know that many HDS flashlight and Thors Hammer Custom Holster owners purchase their first and then second and then third...very few owners just have one. So, every new customer will generate many product sales.

p1110537445.jpg
I like the canted style