HELLO. New here and i got some questions .

oriels

Newly Enlightened
hi.

i see that battery issue is more complicated then it seems.
ok. i bought on ebay a led flashlight that require an 18650 batteries. but when i see youtube im afraid to buy them.

1: where should i buy them ? can someone give me a site (with worldwide shipping) for buy a good one with good protection?
2: does ebay charger are safe to use for those battery?? even good brand? ( as i think the "stop charge" function is on the battery - am i wrong? )
3:i also bought "link dream " battery for my galaxy 3 and the battery work just fine maybe there is a risk of using it because it chiness (ebay battery) and probably got no protection on it?
4:eek:ld batteries have more chance to explode? why does it happen ? because the material just got mixed in air or something or is it something else.. should i drop any battery i used after year or two?
5: im using "aa" battery from ebay - they got 3000 Mah but actually they got 150 or something (i saw on youtube a guy that test them so i assume my batteries is the same) but they good for my xbox controller and my mouse my keyboard and more stuff.. there is any risk with them>?

sorry for all those questions and sorry for my english.
pleas help me if you can. i will really appreciate that.
tell me if something now explained well.

oriels

Newly Enlightened
ok im down from this issue. does anybody have a site that sell a good brand for this batteries that i can trust there is no fake?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok im down from this issue. does anybody have a site that sell a good brand for this batteries that i can trust there is no fake?

Where do you live?

Battery Junction, Mountain Electronics, Illumination dot com, Going Gear and Orbtronic all sell quality stuff.

Chris

Zorzi

Newly Enlightened
Hello Oriels, I will try to answer some of your questions based on my experience, but the experts here in cpf may give you more authoritative advices.

1 - you can buy good batteries from ebay, just make sure you buy from dealers with good reputation. I have had good experiences buying NiMH and LiIon batteries and chargers from dealers from south korea.

2 - yes, provided you buy original chargers (not fakes). For NiMH I bought Sanyo chargers (now Panasonic) and for LiIon I bought a Nitecore I2, all genuine and from ebay.

3 - I personally wouldn't use a generic battery in my smart phone. Buy a genuine one, even if it costs you 3 times more than the generic, and rest assured your expensive phone will not caught fire or simply die.

4 - LiIon batteries have much more energy than NiMH. Only buy batteries from good brands and with protection circuit, until you get more educated about the risks and operational requirements of unprotected batteries. If you really feel uncomfortable, stick to NiMH for now.

5 - Cheap NiMH batteries can be good enough for low power/low drain applications. But for more demanding uses, like powerful flashlights, the Sanyo/Panasonic Eneloops are the most regarded among the flashaholics here.

Appart from ebay, I have bough somethings from fasttech. com, I have had no issues so far. I bought Eneloops from DX as well, but they were definitely fake...

HTH,

Zorzi

Last edited:

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
thank you all.
i found these battieris :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-NEW-PROT...759303?hash=item5413f029c7:g:xoYAAOSwBLlVK9aH
is they good ?
if not can you guys give me good quality with god protect?
another thing. can you give me a good charger?
thank you very much!

Yes they are good. I have the same cells in my flashlights. I buy mine on AliExpress, they are cheaper than the link you have posted and with free shipping.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4PCS...tected-Batteries-with-PCB-For/1521080822.html
Or
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4PCS...Protected-For-panasonic-Free/32351017991.html

For the charger, when you buy batteries, it's good to test the capacity that they have. For the batteries above, if you test them and they have not around 3400mah, 1500mah for exemple, you know that something is wrong. The Opus BTC 3100 v2.2 has that function. If you buy it, be sure to order the one with the good plug.

http://www.gearbest.com/chargers/pp_173012.html

Last edited:
If you can afford AW batteries, you probably can't go wrong. But have a look at HKJ's site for some serious testing and recommendations.