Help deciding on Budget AAA EDC ?

Tony-

Newly Enlightened
Hello, :wave:

I am new to here. Recently, I want to buy a AA/AAA flashlight for EDC, do you have any suggestions? :D

Thank you

B0rt

Newly Enlightened
Re: Any suggestion?

Hi Tony, welcome!

First suggestion would be to chose a more descriptive title for your topic, so that more people realize what you are looking for and chime in to help ;)

As for the Light: I personally carry a Lumintop Tool AA for EDC and am very happy with it. It runs on AA Alkaline, AA NiMh, 14500 LiFePo and 14500 LiIon and puts out up to 6 or 700 Lumens with the latter (and you will be able to get new cells pretty much anywhere). It also can be switched from "end-clicky" to "head-twisty" operation. (And there is also the Tool AAA if you prefer it a little smaller).

Should you prefer side switches you could have a look at the Sofirn SP10A. It is not as bright as the Tool AA (about 500 Lumens) but has a nice metal side switch.

HTH!

Last edited:

Nev

Banned
It will also run on high for 45 minutes at 550 lumens.

B0rt

Newly Enlightened
The AA tool is rated at 550 lumens.

Really? It def. seems brighter than the Sofirn which is rated at 500 ... maybe my eyes are just strange.
Both have more than enough light for EDC in the city (can't talk about rural areas, I do not visit them that often at the moment).

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAA - Mag Solitaire LED. Great keychain light, under $10 at home depot or walmart.

AA - Steamlight 1L-1AA - runs on either a single CR123 or an AA. Has a pocket clip and can be programmed with streamlight's 10 tap system. Around $40 on line.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
AAA Streamlight microstream is less than 20 bucks. Puts out about 50 lumens, simple on/off and operates from 1 triple A. It also works on an Eneloop rechargeable battery.

Tony-

Newly Enlightened
Re: Any suggestion?

Hi Tony, welcome!

First suggestion would be to chose a more descriptive title for your topic, so that more people realize what you are looking for and chime in to help ;)

As for the Light: I personally carry a Lumintop Tool AA for EDC and am very happy with it. It runs on AA Alkaline, AA NiMh, 14500 LiFePo and 14500 LiIon and puts out up to 6 or 700 Lumens with the latter (and you will be able to get new cells pretty much anywhere). It also can be switched from "end-clicky" to "head-twisty" operation. (And there is also the Tool AAA if you prefer it a little smaller).

Should you prefer side switches you could have a look at the Sofirn SP10A. It is not as bright as the Tool AA (about 500 Lumens) but has a nice metal side switch.

HTH!

Hi,

Thank you for your kindly suggestion.

There are too many flashlights, so it is difficult for me to choose. :thinking: But I really like side switches, I will add Sofirn SP10 add to my consideration.

Thank you. :twothumbs

Tony-

Newly Enlightened
AAA - Mag Solitaire LED. Great keychain light, under $10 at home depot or walmart.

AA - Steamlight 1L-1AA - runs on either a single CR123 or an AA. Has a pocket clip and can be programmed with streamlight's 10 tap system. Around $40 on line.

For my budget, Mag Solitaire LED is better. :D

Tony-

Newly Enlightened
AAA Streamlight microstream is less than 20 bucks. Puts out about 50 lumens, simple on/off and operates from 1 triple A. It also works on an Eneloop rechargeable battery.

Nice choose. :thumbsup: But simple on/off is not my choose. Anyway, I do thank you for your time. :)

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nitecore EA11/EC11. The EA11 is a single AA light that can also use a 14500 cell. Its EC11 cousin uses a CR123/16350 cell. They are roughly the same size, but I like the EA11 because of the multi-cell capabilities. I use it with a 14500 cell, but it is nice to know that if I need to I can always find a AA to keep it going, albeit at a lower level. They both have a neat little red led as well for night vision or signaling.

ven

Flashaholic
Lumintop TOOL's are worth a look, black ano, 219b 4000k for under $15(or around) is hard to beat! Copper can be on sale ,ti version depends on budget but does offer good value.
EChT07Ll.jpg

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
+1 on the AAA Lumintop tool.

If you're happy with a single mode light, the BLF-348 in Nichia 219B is hard to beat.

Nice thing about AAA lights is you can try a few without spending an absolute fortune, I have a few different AAA lights I carry depending on mood/circumstances.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Along that line, if you are looking more for something like a penlight, the Lumintop IYP365 is nice. Two AAA, M/L/H mode sequence, available in Nichia or Cree, and very sharp looking. Another option would be the Nitecore MT06MD. Another two AAA, Nichia emitter, three modes, also very classy. Unless you need it, be sure to order the version without the pupil scale on the side. The Nitecore MT06 is also nice, but is only two modes, and not available with a Nichia emitter. Love that Hi CRI!