Help me find a 5000k, rosey (high R9) emitter LED with max 1000 lumens!

elcidroyale

Newly Enlightened
I got me one of those Nitecore NU20 CRI and WOW I have never been so enamored with a tint before. I'm now obsessed and want to switch the emitters of the headlamps I have (and some I will have) to Nichias or similar!

I'd like to switch the emitters of the below:

Imalent HR20W MAX 1000 Lumens
Skilhunt H03R MAX 1000 Lumens
Thrunite TH20 MAX 540 Lumens

I have a wishlist of what I want in the new emitters in order of importance.

1) 540/ 1000 MAX Lumens (or as close as possible)
2) 4500/ 5000K tint
3) HIGH R9 value
4) High CRI
5) Little to no degredation of throw distance

As far as I have read (I'm new to being a flashaholic), NO Nichia 219 will go to the maximum lumens I want. I don't necessarily need a Nichia. I'm open to any other brands/ models (Cree Easywhites?) as long as they have 5000K rosey tint that hits close to my max lumens.

I'm pretty sure some of the items on my wishlist may cancel each other out. Overall, I can throw the specs out if my eyes see a nice neutral, roesey tint with maximum lumens!

Thanks all!

PS I tried a workaround. I got some of those lighting gels and found a few tints that give me close to the tint I want (and any other tint under and over the sun). I was just going to cut little circles out and slap them over the glass BUT it reduces my total output :/.

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may want to try posting in the "tint snob" thread. They answered some of my questions.

Edit: Nichia has a 219c 4000K HCRI that puts out much more than 1000 lumens. I here the tint is EXCELLENT.

I am having Vihn put 4 of them in my Emisar D4. I can let you know what I think in a week or so after he sends it back to me.

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
At 5k you'll probably have to buy at least 5 of the high CRI emitters to get one that's under the black body locus.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks guys! Keep the answers coming.

Mods please move this to "tint snobs".

No need to merge these threads .... OP, please feel free to join discussion in that other thread however (just without duplicating your highly specific question here)

:)

Last edited:

elcidroyale

Newly Enlightened
No need to merge these threads .... OP, please feel free to join discussion in that other thread however (just without duplicating your highly specific question here)

:)
Hmm. Without duplicating my highly specific question there, how would I get the answer?? BTW I thought I posted this on Budget Light Forum. Oops. I'll be duplicating this question over there...

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hmm. Without duplicating my highly specific question there, how would I get the answer?? BTW I thought I posted this on Budget Light Forum. Oops. I'll be duplicating this question over there...

Don't start duplicate threads on CPF please (Rule 9) :shakehead

My point was, if you wanted to chat generally about emitter tint issues, the "tint snob" thread is a good place for that.

For your very specific question listed above, this thread is fine, but it doesn't need to be merged or moved (as you had asked)