Help with HDS sent in for service

Lungbarrow

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully this gets the eyes of Hogo…

Some time ago I contacted Henry via the hds website email to see if you all could try and get the retaining bezel off an old hds ultimate—my son broke the glass window and I tried to remove the bezel but couldn't.

Henry thought maybe the ring may be damaged, but said to send it in and he'd take a look. I sent the light and replacement window back in march.

I haven't heard anything sense, including after a couple of e-mail follow ups.

Email and spam auto-filters can be wonky, and I don't expect an old ultimate would be a priority. I'm just curious if you have any updates on it—even if the update is "sorry, it's dead!"

Thanks!

—Michael

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did discuss the gawdawful (technical term) timeline currently on repairs. He is going to make a concerted effort to start getting them out in a more timely manner. It should help that we are just about caught up on the back orders and the 18350/18500 tubes will ship this month so he can focus more of his time on it to catch up.
i did offer my WD40 and duct tape expertise, but I don't think that is what folks are wanting.

Lungbarrow

Newly Enlightened
I did discuss the gawdawful (technical term) timeline currently on repairs. He is going to make a concerted effort to start getting them out in a more timely manner. It should help that we are just about caught up on the back orders and the 18350/18500 tubes will ship this month so he can focus more of his time on it to catch up.
i did offer my WD40 and duct tape expertise, but I don't think that is what folks are wanting.
It occurred to me I liked this post but failed to reply:

Thank you for checking in and updating me, Hogo! Even the "yep, we're getting to it" is enough to tide me over. 😂