High CRI (90+) ~3000K-4000K light for mostly indoor use with good UI?

Mattz68

Newly Enlightened
Hi Diablo, See if you can find a zebralight SC62C. -4000k, 85cri I believe. Not sure if Z.L. Still has any inventory as they been discontinued. Mine is very lite, will run about 2hrs on high(375 lumens) and is just a little bigger than a AA light. Not sure if the u.i. is for you -some people love it -some don't. -Matt

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
If possibly modding an existing light design then how about a Nitecore SRT7?
Almost everything you want aside from the HiCRI emitter.

WaffleBuggy

Newly Enlightened
Eagletac TX30C2, 4000k 219c, 92 cri, 740ansi lumens. The nice thing about a thrower is you can always use the included flip diffuser or add diffuser film to tailer it down to your flood needs.

Robe

Enlightened
I still think you should start and stop with the Rotary. Given indoor use, seriously it's perfect.

WaffleBuggy

Newly Enlightened
Eagletac T25C2 with a triple nichia dropin. I have this with the 1000 lumen triple 219b and love it. It's my favorite indoor and around the house light. Very floody, but much more useful than a mule. Illuminationgear has the 1100 lumen 4000k 219c triple dropin as well.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just took this photo this weekend of an HDS 5000K Hi CRI (93-94cri) this weekend. This is 200 lumens. The small white target is at 36 yards.
IMG_5870_zpstcgro4p7.jpg

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just me, the photo, or monitor or is there a darker ring between the arrows?
IMG_5870_zpstcgro4p7.jpg

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your priority is high output and high CRI, then you might consider a Malkoff Wildcat v6. You'll have to live without the rotary, but you get high and low by twisting the head of the light. No scrolling through modes. You'd have to use either 2 x 18650 or 2 x 18500, so it would also require a compromise on your ideal battery set up. But it will put you north of 90 CRI and about 1000 lm on high. It's a great flood light. Save you some coin, too. Curious to know where you end up.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your priority is high output and high CRI, then you might consider a Malkoff Wildcat v6. You'll have to live without the rotary, but you get high and low by twisting the head of the light. No scrolling through modes. You'd have to use either 2 x 18650 or 2 x 18500, so it would also require a compromise on your ideal battery set up. But it will put you north of 90 CRI and about 1000 lm on high. It's a great flood light. Save you some coin, too. Curious to know where you end up.
Nice lateral thinking, man.
P

redryder

Enlightened
Actually, it's a brighter ring at the edge. ;) I have several HDS and the hotspot gradually dims to the edge until it becomes brighter.

Is it just me, the photo, or monitor or is there a darker ring between the arrows?
IMG_5870_zpstcgro4p7.jpg

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, it's a brighter ring at the edge. ;) I have several HDS and the hotspot gradually dims to the edge until it becomes brighter.

Ah. IC. It is without a doubt unique in that regard. :laughing:

Kamerat

Enlightened
ZL has great UI and a bunch of different battery/other options. I've got 5-6 of their light and most have a great tint.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding the rings in the beam: the two HDS I've had, had bad rings, which I hated so much that I was really planning to get rid of the lights. Then I ordered that frosty sticky film from CPF member Phaseburn and now I have really perfect beams.

One of the lights (clicky, which I didn't want) had the famed 3700K high cri XPG, which is what you may want to look for, if you prefer this cct range. I actually had this led extracted and placed into another light engine for it had really great tint.

Last edited: