"HIGH" End Self Contained HID's ..?

Polarion-Sparetech2

Newly Enlightened
Polarion Korea is still in business and all their products are available for sale in the USA (Polarion-store, Polarion-sales). As noted in this post, wattage or lumens is not the end-all. Quality of the reflector is a critical factor that is often missed.

The PH50D is the latest civilian self-contained HID light. Under $2,000, dual mode (30-50W), water resistant to 20 meters, will throw close to 1 mile. Compatible with all Polarion filters including IR. 5200 mAh Li-Ion.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking to add a few more over the top self contained, factory made HID Lights to add to the fleet.Anything new out that I am not aware of anyone..? Only want the ELITE TOP Dogs to add...

The Maxabeam of course. It's very well known. It's also the farthest throwing portable light you can buy.

hahoo

Enlightened
The Maxabeam of course. It's very well known. It's also the farthest throwing portable light you can buy.

yes it is, and only beats them all by a measly 3 miles :huh::laughing:
would be nice if it pumped out around 7k lumens though
then you would have something:thumbsup:
they got lights you carry in your pocket, that have more lumens than the MB

Last edited:

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well not quite. The xevision superpower throws almost as far and produces 7500 lumens. It is much larger though and he brighter spill reduces effective range. On the other hand the spot is much larger.

Last edited:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Polarion Korea is still in business and all their products are available for sale in the USA (Polarion-store, Polarion-sales). As noted in this post, wattage or lumens is not the end-all. Quality of the reflector is a critical factor that is often missed.

The PH50D is the latest civilian self-contained HID light. Under $2,000, dual mode (30-50W), water resistant to 20 meters, will throw close to 1 mile. Compatible with all Polarion filters including IR. 5200 mAh Li-Ion.

Nice to hear.....great lights.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely nice to know, I still have my PH50. Anyone interested in buying it just PM me! After selling it I hope to pick up the new version probably in the very near future.

Last edited:

hahoo

Enlightened
Well not quite. The xevision superpower throws almost as far and produces 7500 lumens. It is much larger though and he brighter spill reduces effective range. On the other hand the spot is much larger.

superpower= 4200 meters

maxabeam = 7000 meters

thats ONLY 1.75 miles further :huh:

what am i missing here?

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your eyes are the problem. It's difficult too see small objects (people for example) in that large of a distance. So from a practical perspective the Maxabeam doesn't go that much farther.

hahoo

Enlightened
Your eyes are the problem. It's difficult too see small objects (people for example) in that large of a distance. So from a practical perspective the Maxabeam doesn't go that much farther.

yes, but at say 1000 meters, it will still put twice the intensity, or more, on a subject, with 4 times the lux
am i right there ?

BVH

Flashaholic
As PolarLi described above, similarly, in a 900 Yard beam shoot with an 85 Watt, 1 degree beam Gen3 MB and a 175 Watt, 2 degree beam Megaray, the hotspot from the MB was indeed brighter than that of the MR however I could not tell that I was illuminating a large tree until I hit the same target with the dimmer but larger hotspot of the MR. So in this long-distance case, brighter was not better.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely nice to know, I still have my PH50. Anyone interested in buying it just PM me! After selling it I hope to pick up the new version probably in the very near future.

Nativetexan,

I tried replying to your pm but your inbox is full. The PH50 is still available since you're interested!

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Still looking for something "NEW" recent release and self contained and with a huge SHELF WOW FACTOR..!

scout24

Flashaholic
Not much more "Wow" factor than chipwillis' sale of the Big MAC Daddy of them All- Largest Titanium Light. 35/50w XeVision HID in a huge full custom Titanium body. Up for sale right now in WTS- Custom Titanium and Exotic Metal Lights...

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Not much more "Wow" factor than chipwillis' sale of the Big MAC Daddy of them All- Largest Titanium Light. 35/50w XeVision HID in a huge full custom Titanium body. Up for sale right now in WTS- Custom Titanium and Exotic Metal Lights...
I believe I am asking and searching for "STOCK FACTORY HID Handheld Units" I myself would not take that thing to a worm wrestle..:)

scout24

Flashaholic
Sorry, bulb. I read through the posts here and saw that there was a scarcity of currently produced factory offerings. The one I mentioned has a lot going for it: The one-off factor, gorgeous machining, and pretty much a full set of spare parts that are from a well known, high quality manufacturer. I must inquire, what on earth is a worm wrestle?