Highest capacity AAA NiMH batteries currently available?

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes.i breed boas.
the nick came from getting bitten by a bad tempered abused neglected boa i rescued.a bunch of friends were over at the time and stuck me with the nick.
btw that snake settled down that evening after we handled her a while,treated the mites,and fed her 2 huge rats.
Just curious snakebite are you a herper or is your handle snakebite for some other reason ?

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforum

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Interesting. I note some reviewers are saying they're testing out at around 1000 mAh but they're not lasting as long as some other batteries. But I think I'll get a pack myself as I've never tried the Lloytrons before as I usually stick to Sanyo Eneloops and Duracell Iron Core.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Lloytrons not just a brand, or do they make nimh battery`s, if they don't make them then who did make them as 1000mah is better than the big brands i have tested.

John.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Standard Eneloops AAA are only 800mah, and XX are only 900mah and they are not cheap, The Lloytron AAA 1100mAh are not LSD, but sometimes an extra 200mah can come in handy and these are cheap.

John.

Interesting. I note some reviewers are saying they're testing out at around 1000 mAh but they're not lasting as long as some other batteries. But I think I'll get a pack myself as I've never tried the Lloytrons before as I usually stick to Sanyo Eneloops and Duracell Iron Core.

Xiphex

Newly Enlightened
I've never heard of these brands before: Tenergy Premium, Centura and Lloytron < are they American?

Sony Cycle Energy Blues are the best top notch! AA & AAA - Both can hold 80% charge for 3 years , performance wise, it's solid, reliable and long lasting, use for most of my main core AA/AAA electronics i.e. MDRNC100D
Then Duracell (Nitecore EA41) beside Eneloops (Fenix E41) -> Duracell batteries are just as good as Eneloops. Rarely have to charge these batteries unless i use the flashlights heavily.
Then Sony Cycle Energy Green AA : Everyday Rechargeable Low Discharge, long lasting and holds charge long for basic electronics
Then Energizer AAA 900mAh-700mAh - Good batteries, holds charge and does not faint.

Energizer AA Sucks badly. I charge a couple batteries, a week later the AAs faint and need to be boosted by an initiation charge yet after that it would only be half charged no matter how much it charges. I'll check the lifespan with my opus.
I only use NiMh Rechargeable in remote controls because of alkaline corrosion

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I also had a Tenergy charger conk out on me prematurely. A couple of different things happened. First of all, the wires to the sliders started to break. This was not too big of a deal, as I could just solder in new wires. But still, this should NOT be happening on a charger that isn't even six months old. Secondly, the charger would randomly terminate the charge early. This is certainly more serious, as it can lead to reverse charging on batteries that you think are fully charged (but which are NOT). Perhaps the WORST thing about this is that the warranty on the charger is only three months! So because this happened after about five months, they basically told me to screw myself. NICE! I bought a Maha 808 to replace it, and never looked back. I will NEVER buy another Tenergy charger, and would never recommend one to anyone.

As far as their batteries, I have generally had REALLY good luck with them. I have C and D cells in both Premium and LSD Centura flavor. And they have been solid performers. After over two years, my oldest cells are still going strong. However, I can't speak about their AA batteries, as I have none. Back when I got my AA batteries, Tenergy batteries were only available online. So I generally went for what was available in stores (original 2000mAh). However, I would think they should be as good as their C and D cells.

Hi Matt, I've had good luck with the Tenergy LSD nimh AAA batteries. NLee the engineer over on Amazon who reviews lots of battery and charger products liked them too. Just my subjective impression perhaps but it seems to me Tenergy has improved over the last few years, and I suspect they're trying to go head to head with the Sanyo Eneloops to try to take market share from them.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
EBXLaii.jpg

Nice Results

John

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040ZXX28/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Hi Matt, I've had good luck with the Tenergy LSD nimh AAA batteries. NLee the engineer over on Amazon who reviews lots of battery and charger products liked them too. Just my subjective impression perhaps but it seems to me Tenergy has improved over the last few years, and I suspect they're trying to go head to head with the Sanyo Eneloops to try to take market share from them.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
lRiZFZ6m.jpg

Ok i just got my 4 packs of "Lloytron AAA 1100mAh NIMH AccuUltra Battery" at £3.49 pack of 4, took 11 days to travel 10 miles to my home.

These are NOT LSD battery`s

Out of pack voltage and remaning capacity.

1: 1.23v 479mah at 0.2C
2: 1.26v 306mah at 0.2C (I will keep an eye on this one)
3: 1.25v 416mah at 0.2C
4: 1.26v 469mah at 0.2C

Battery Weight 12.7g compare it too Energizer AAA 1000mah 12.4g , Ansmann AAA 1000mah 11.6g

OK, next i will do an 16 hour charge at 110ma and then discharge at 0.2C and will post the results below once i get them.

1: 989mah
2: 976mah
3: 969mah
4: 982mah

John.

Last edited:

mklp29

Newly Enlightened
I have a Coast PX25 that I use for a 6 mile night walk that I take with a walking group. The light is GREAT for this in terms of brightness (not too much, not too little) and size. However, it uses AAA batteries, and it sucks them down like a vacuum cleaner. Somewhat more than half way through the walk (maybe 2/3), my Duraloops are pretty much DONE. And changing batteries on the move (ESPECIALLY in a light with a battery holder) is not the easiest thing to do (it's a pain to have to stop, and then catch up again). So what I would REALLY like is the AAA NiMH battery with the highest capacity possible. It doesn't have to be LSD, as the batteries will be charged immediately before the walk and used pretty much ASAP. But I'm looking for something that can REALLY put out in terms of mAH. Any suggestions?

i have AAA bateries from EBL rhat are 1100 mah

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kind of funny this thread is still going on, especially since I have long since moved on from that light (and, to a large degree, AAA batteries).

Latest posts