AAA ZebraLight

• Yes that seems like a great idea, I'd buy it

Votes: 50 54.9%
  • No i don't like it, i wouldn't buy it

Votes: 41 45.1%

• Total voters

Secur1

Enlightened
Wouldn't this be great for a keychain light ?
Ofcourse the led has to be positioned up front instead of on the side.
But with a pure flood 80 degree beam, wouldn't this make an excellent keychain solution ?

If there are any ppl that agree with me and we can drum up enough interest we could put this to ZL and see their reaction :)

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure how I'd feel about having the emitter at the top instead of the side, but if they can manage the side, I'd buy.

Patriot

Flashaholic
When I first saw the title my first thought was..."why."

After pondering about it for a little bit longer I think it would be a hit. A bare Cree in a AAA light is something that I've always thought would be great. When the Fenix EO1 was announced I never really understood why they went with a purple 5mm Nichia when a bare, softly driven Cree seemed like the obvious choice to me. I realize that Fenix was going for a certain price point but considering how popular the Arc AAA was at it's price, I still think a Bare Cree AAA could have been even more popular.

I wouldn't even mind if the LED was at the front instead of the side.

drmaxx

Enlightened
For me the gain in size would not compensate for the loss of perfomance / runtime that the AAA size factor would have as a consequence. There are enough similar performing key chain lights out there. Similar in a sense that the bare cree emiter would not justify a new substantial investment (at least not for me).

mazdazoomzoom

Newly Enlightened
What's the benefit of having the emittor on the side? So you can carry it with a clip on your pocket and still have the light pointing forward?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'd rather see them use their resources to produce an 18650 headlamp that offers more lumens and longer run times. There are plenty of AAA keychain lights out there, and the H30 can make a nice keychain light.

oronocova

Enlightened
I think it would be nice to have the LED on the side. Basically a H50 AAA version. Would be nice to have a strong magnet on the base... would make an awesome inspection light. Maybe even a fiberoptic adapter for gun bores etc....

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it'd be best as a twisty. Whataya guys think about using some good 5mm leds in a creative array? And how about 5mm leds in a polymer body?

Yeah flame on.

notnormal

Newly Enlightened
According to this thread, a poster received confirmation that the H60 will take 18650.

Similar thread here.

According to ZebraLight, "The next AA headlamp will be a few months away. Right after the current H30 release, we will have an 18650 powered H60 and several handheld flashlights."

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to this thread, a poster received confirmation that the H60 will take 18650.

Similar thread here.

According to ZebraLight, "The next AA headlamp will be a few months away. Right after the current H30 release, we will have an 18650 powered H60 and several handheld flashlights."

Good to hear. :) Might get one for Christmas then.

Photonrunner

Newly Enlightened
If they did an AAA headlamp I would be all over that.

Think the focus on headlamps should be smaller an longer runtimes not more lumans with heatsinks. IMHO the H501 is the largest size a headlamp should be. Try running with the H51 or larger you will quickly find the bouncing size annoying. The 501 is good but I would like to see even lighter an AAA could fit this bill. I hope the H502 is not any bigger than the 501. 100 lumens is plenty of light, what I want is longer runtime and a lighter more comfortable package.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAA? I would like that..... as long as it doesn't have a bulbous head.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Interesting 3 year old thread ressurrection. I think a 1AAA headlamp would be unusefully small with problems of output vs runtime making for very short runtimes at high output, or long runtimes at low output. Perhaps when LEDs are available in the 200lumens per watt range it could be revisited again.

tedh

Newly Enlightened
I vaguely remember Zebralight addressed this idea some time ago, and said they had no plans to come out with an AAA light. Of course, i can't find that post. Although I agree, it's a good idea.

Ted