How did you come up with your CPF name?

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love it.

Deft X aside, mine is equally unimaginative.

=My initials plus my favorite number.

Because I hate having to pick usernames, and when I register I assume I won't post much. Then i do, and wonder if I should have chosen something less personal.

I thought that was your Craig's List handle.

Black Divorced Male... age 82. :p

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I was 'cracked_frisbee' during a dark period.
(Divorce sucks) Folks kept asking "why cracked frisbee?" I'd respond "still flies perfect but nobody wants it."...

I thought 'bykfixer' was better to help me get out of that slump. It evoked happier times... times when folks asked "is that bike fixer guy around?"
It worked too.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
when I was hikeing with nelson mandella and burt Reynolds they started calling me raggie.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Man, maybe I better get a new name, very boring. My actual name. Or actually what my co- workers called me...Yawn...

I'd been lurking for some time when I saw a light on The Market Place (now titled the CPF Mall) I wanted to purchase. Of course I was in a hurry to pull the trigger but first I had to become a member. This was a first for me, not being a member of any forum. I never dreamed I'd be logging-on every day for the next seven years. :rolleyes: Nor did I have any idea that this one purchase -
zaNtkYW.jpg

would eventually lead to this -
DDzUAU2.jpg

Anyhow, being in a hurry to purchase my first quality light, I didn't give a lot of thought to a username. Chauncey Gardiner from the movie Being There, some people thought him a genus, others thought him a doofus. Perfect!

~ Chance

AO 17

Newly Enlightened
AO is short for auxiliary operator, my job title at power plant I work at. 17 is my favorite number.

KuroNekko

Newly Enlightened
It's an online handle I've been using for almost 15 years so naturally, I figured to use it here. Similar to some others here, I first used it for online gaming (Counter Strike). KuroNekko is derived from kuro neko which mean black cat in Japanese. However, I found from online gaming with mics that many English-speakers were mispronouncing KuroNeko as "kuro knee-co" so I modified the spelling to facilitate a better pronunciation. Ironically, "Nekko" pronounced by a Japanese person would be the word for root instead of cat. Regardless, it worked. Why Japanese? I speak the language having been born and raised in Japan to an American father and Japanese mother. Why a black cat? I liked the ominous reputation despite being rather ordinary. However, in Japan, black cats are actually considered lucky and are revered. Cats are also both fiercely and instinctively predatory but can be docile and snugly. Oddly, I've had white dogs as pets all this time and I'm very much a dog lover. However, as I wrote about in my Rofis TR10 "Purrfect" story, I adopted stray kittens I found about 6 months ago and one is an all-black kitten. I now have a real life KuroNekko! A living, breathing mascot!
That reminds me, I should probably add an avatar.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
There's a famous singer named Neko Case that is pronounced 'neeko'... so yeah I can see some folks getting yours wrong.

Interesting that adding a K makes it mean a root instead of a cat.

Black cats are cool. Black roots are too I suppose.

XR6Toggie

Newly Enlightened
XR6 is the performance version of Australia's second last locally made car; the Ford Falcon. It's one of my favourite cars I've ever driven.

The area of law enforcement in which I work used to be known as TOG (Traffic Operations Group) and members were therefore nicknamed 'Toggies'. We're now officially called 'Highway Patrol' but we are still called 'toggies' to this day.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
For all of human history, light has either come from the sky or from fire. We are blessed to live during the modern flashlight revolution. Hence, Modernflame.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
XR6 is the performance version of Australia's second last locally made car; the Ford Falcon. It's one of my favourite cars I've ever driven.

The area of law enforcement in which I work used to be known as TOG (Traffic Operations Group) and members were therefore nicknamed 'Toggies'. We're now officially called 'Highway Patrol' but we are still called 'toggies' to this day.

Ima refer to you as "falcon tog" from now on. Hope you don't mind.

I'd call you "MF" modernflame, but some may get the notion it's meaning is something else....