• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

How difficult to turn on/off the 10180/10280 bodies?

Netropy

Newly Enlightened
On a relative basis, how easy/hard is it to turn on/off the small-bodied Eigers one-handed? I'm not looking for any precise measures obviously, just some general impressions. I need to replace my long-time keychain companion LOD that finally died (*sniff*) which I thought was just fine. I have a stainless Maratac filling in for now which, while a nice little light, isn't nearly as easy to work with one hand. I've been looking at the smaller-body Eigers for a while and considering that there's not a lot to hold on to wanted to get some feedback.

Thanks.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
It can be very difficult to switch a 10180 one-handed, simply because the short length makes it difficult to get any fingers around the body. For large hands, it could be nearly impossible. To make it easier, you can generously lube the o-ring... and select Brass which is buttery smooth. When attached to a keyring with adjacent keys to grip I find the 10180 can be handled with one hand, but it can be a bit awkward depending upon what else is on the keyring. If the light is not used often, I wouldn't worry about it. But if this light will see much use... go for the 10280 because that battery is so superior to the @?!!!+&% 10180

The 10280 is much easier to manipulate than the 10180, but still not as convenient as the AAA sized bodies. A big factor is the tube selected. Knurled are easier, of course, than the smooth SS or Brass. The 10280 in keychain style is a breeze since its total length is longer than that of the lug style. With a momentary there are no one-handed problems at all, but you give up the keychain carry.

fyrstormer

Banned
The 10280 is easy to operate one-handed. I tried the 10180 at first, but the battery doesn't last long enough. The Eiger 10280 is the same size as an AAA battery anyway, that's good enough for me.

Ice

Enlightened
I'd also say that the 10180 is very hard to switch on with one hand but since I have one on my key chain I've come to like the tiny size very, VERY much and I wouldn't want to have anything else/bigger there! :D

artec540

Enlightened
I'd also say that the 10180 is very hard to switch on with one hand but since I have one on my key chain I've come to like the tiny size very, VERY much and I wouldn't want to have anything else/bigger there! :D

I think the only way it would be possible to turn an Eiger on or off one-handed is it it's on a key ring that holds the battery tube still while you turn the head against the key ring. I've got two of them and it ain't easy even two handed!

Latest posts