how is your flucero28 custom program set up?

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!
I've had Frank custom program my two. He does EXCELLENT work and is quite speedy!
I prefer no memory - so each time mine comes on it comes on the lowest level. This way, if I'm in a dark environment, it starts super low to not ruin my adjusted night vision.
I don't know how much latch time mine are, but it is not much and I LOVE IT! Allows me to switch very quickly . . . . and can change levels without a full press click. Just a half click (or little depress of the switch ) will allow it to move through the different levels until I get to the one I want and then full click to lock it in. It's GREAT!

the badger

Enlightened
+1 for Frank!!

He programmed my Tri-EDC (and both my Prometheus Alpha Blue-Label's) to have 0.5 second latch-time, moonlight, L/M/H (factory settings). Perfecto!

Coolz

Newly Enlightened
I sent Frank a couple of emails, waiting to hear back from him.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi was going to use frank for my alpha ready made, then found someone closer to where I was. he was based in germany and at the time i was in the UK.
did same.
all good. thanks.

Coolz

Newly Enlightened
I've been in contact with Frank, and he's great. I'm looking at my options, but I'm not sure I can have what I want. In an ideal world, I'd have the ability to go directly to FireFly OR MAX, with no memory. I would like to use the Tri as my main light, which means it needs to serve two purposes: the ability to go directly to MAX lumens for defensive purposes, and the ability to go directly (through some mechanism, like a quick double press) to FireFly for work purposes.

Is there a way to add a small delay, such that if I press it the light doesn't come on MAX for, say, .25 seconds. That would allow a double press to get to FireFly mode without a flash.

To be honest, I've really been liking the interface in my ZebraLight SC52. If it had a momentary switch it would be nearly perfect.

I don't know, just trying to explore my options. Any ideas would be appreciated.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't speak for Frank but I believe that would be difficult to accomplish. The hybrid memory is nice to get directly to firefly with the next level change. Definitely go with the shorter latch time to avoid accidentally changing modes if your turning the light on and off frequently. If I'm trying to avoid blasting one of the higher modes I simply hold my hand over the end of the light until I reach the desired mode.

I've been in contact with Frank, and he's great. I'm looking at my options, but I'm not sure I can have what I want. In an ideal world, I'd have the ability to go directly to FireFly OR MAX, with no memory. I would like to use the Tri as my main light, which means it needs to serve two purposes: the ability to go directly to MAX lumens for defensive purposes, and the ability to go directly (through some mechanism, like a quick double press) to FireFly for work purposes.

Is there a way to add a small delay, such that if I press it the light doesn't come on MAX for, say, .25 seconds. That would allow a double press to get to FireFly mode without a flash.

To be honest, I've really been liking the interface in my ZebraLight SC52. If it had a momentary switch it would be nearly perfect.

I don't know, just trying to explore my options. Any ideas would be appreciated.

primeform

Newly Enlightened

Go with no memory and make it go firefly > high > med > low. When you turn it on you go to fire fly. Double tap takes you directly to your high.

primeform

Newly Enlightened
By the way I forgot to mention I got my flashlight back from frank and everything was perfect. Pleasure to deal with and I will be sending my titanium version to him when I receive it from mac.

I went with the standard .5 latch 5 settings, but Im considering switching to a no memory mode because I like it always going to firefly. I hate having to flash what mode im currenty in to reset back to firefly, ruining my night vision.

R850R

Newly Enlightened
I think he's still in Dallas on business. He should get back to you soon.

Flucero28

Enlightened
Responded to your email persco. Still @ Dallas love airport for a couple hours but will be home soon! Beautiful City i absolutely love it.

Thank you all for your compliments and I enjoy helping fellow forum members customize their lights to their needs!

Frank

Frank, I sent you an email regarding my Tri EDC and a Ti Mako... Thanks!

R850R

Newly Enlightened
Just got the word that my project is almost done.

I opted for firefly, moonlight, L/M/H with .5 latch and no memory.

image-5_zps23acaa70.jpg

image-2_zps2d83859f.jpg

Last edited:

Univtex34

Newly Enlightened
Flucero, you still doing this? Sent you a PM and email last week and just wondering if I need to look elsewhere...

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone heard from Flucero (Frank Lucero) lately? He has a Mac's Ti XM-L EDC of mine (since last summer) and I can't get a response from him by email or by PM. I've made multiple attempts since December. I hear others, who's lights he has, are having no luck reaching him either. I'm starting to feel ignored. :confused: :mad:

Latest posts