How long is the shipping from China

Tiny86

Newly Enlightened
Livermore, In the people's republic of CA
How long is the shipping from China? How many days dose it usually take?
I am thinking about getting one of the new Rega lights and want to know if it will be here by Christmas. Will the upgraded shipping help that much?
Thanks.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I go with EMS I usually get it in 5-7 business days. If you go with HK post it may show up just as fast, or it might be 2-4 weeks. EMS also gives you a tracking # so you can track your package.

I'm in PA, and I notice with EMS they come into NYC. So if it comes into NYC for you, you might have to add some days for it to get out to CA.

voiceiptester

Newly Enlightened
Once really shipped from China it would take between 5 and 10 working days (air mail). The problem is that stores usually lie a lot about "in stock" items and shipped items (not really shipped when they send you an email telling that the order was shipped).

Recently I bought some flashlight from DX; a week after I placed my order I received a email with the tracking number (I was really happy). It took 5 days to be traceable in Hongkong Post and 3 additional days to be shipped from China to the destination. Two days ago I received my order and noticed that only the less wanted items arrived. At that time I wondered why I received two additional emails telling me that the same order was shipped. In fact they shipped, I guess and cannot be sure, the "in stock" flashlights 3 weeks after I placed my orders.

If you want to buy something from DX (bot sure about other companies) you should keep in mind this:

1. "In stock" items are not really in stock.
2. "Shipped" items are not really shipped. They are trying to make you belive they really did.
3. Your order will almost never be shipped in one shipment.
4. You will receive the the less important things first and the most important ones later.

If you are going to be "very patient" then order from them and forget about it. When less expected you will receive your partial shipment.

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
Yea about 2 weeks. Unless you pay for the extra shipping it will not make it. Got to think of the volume of mail right now. Be sure to order early Nov for christmas thats what i do from overseas. hope that helps.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard something about that they offer free EMS for large orders. How large?

And is there really any point in ordering a lot of items at the same time(unless you get the free EMS), since they only will hold of the items they have in stock then, and send it with the "delayed"(out of stock) items later?

greenpea76

Newly Enlightened
I've placed an order from Dealextreme and showed that it shipped on the 10th and arrived at my workplace on the 13th. This is with regular airmail. I've choosed EMS on the first shipment and it took about 6 days from recorded shipping date. Sometimes airmail is faster.
I also mention that I live in Los Angeles. That's pretty fast for overseas shipping and customs inspection to the local post office.

Tiny86

Newly Enlightened
Livermore, In the people's republic of CA
This light will be from the Rega Dealer in the Market Place. Not from DealXtream.

Heres another question for all you paypalers. Can you change the address that you want them to ship the item to? The only reason I care about all this is because I have to go the east cost on the 27. So I want to have the light shipped there. So can I change the paypal shipping address so I don't have to give them an alternate shipping address from the one that's on the paypal. Dose that make sense?