How many batteries and chargers do you have (photo them)

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have pix of about 1/3 of the chargers & 1/4 of the batteries...
Oops, I finally triggered the demise of my Photobucket account with this post.....I will be back to update this post when I find my new photo hosting site....

For those caught off guard by Photobucket's new $400/year fee to post images (like I was), Imagur seems to be easier to use and I am blown away by the quality of display on their site(sorry to go off topic, we now return to the regularly scheduled thread)....

https://i.imgur.com/Gh9U1sy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NZVb6AM.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 19.

An older GE Ni-Cad 8 bay charger, a Mallory Ni-Cad dumb charger/wall wart jobbie, a Rayovac 15 minute IC3 charger, 6 Xtars, 4 Liitokalas, a Maha C9000, a LaCrosse BC700, an Opus BT-3400, a Duracell 1000 and a couple of cheap-o dumb chargers for neighbors.

Chris

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
a 2lb Velveeta box holds 40 or so 18650.
there are 2 boxes in my desk drawer and 3 more in vacuum sealed bags in the fridge at 50% charge.
a sterilite shoe box full of other than 18650.
they are good laptop pulls.
when i mod lights these are what i send with them.
so my stock turns over rapidly.
thats not even counting whats in power tool packs like my modded versapak sticks and my vape mods.
and not even counting whats in lights here and at the shop.
and on top of that 50 or so obsolete but new laptop packs i have yet to tear down.
i think i have you all beat LOL!
everything i can modify to accept 18650 has been done.unimportant items that were not practical to mod ended up at the garage sale or flea market.
i have spread the disease to everyone around me.
even the neighbor kids have them in their lights.
its funny to see a 14 year old checking his buddies lights and rolling up cardboard on the spot to convert it.

apagogeas

Enlightened

My collection is not for flashlights (I only have a Nitecore D11 v2), but I use rechargeables for anything else.
At the right side of the red line, 2 chargers for NP-F and BP-U type batteries shown above the chargers. NP-F mostly used for LED lights. My active AA/AAA batteries consists mostly of Camelion AlwaysReady 800Mah (24 total, 4 still in the blister pack) used for low drain devices (mouses, remotes etc), 16x Panasonic Eneloop Pro (flash usage), 8x standard eneloops, 24x Tronic Eco 2300mAh (used in AA->NP-F adapters shown at the pic too) and 8x Tronic Eco still in the blister pack, 2x Samsung Q30 and 2x supposedly LG HG2 but they seem to be fake (probably LG HE or something like that). There also various other brands of AA and AAA in the boxes but these are of lower quality or older ones (still functional however but not for critical use). Chargers include Liitokala Lii-500, 2x Maha MC9000 with C&D size adapters (placed in one maha), Sanyo Eneloop MQR-06W, Sony BCG-34HRE, Soshine SCU1, a solar AA/AAA charger and a quite older dumb/timer one Powerman PWR U250 for 9V charging and deep discharging of batteries (down to 0V if needed). There are a few more batteries here and there and a couple more chargers (dumb and USB) not shown in the pic, bored to dig up the house to find them :wave:.

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
I only have pix of about 1/3 of the chargers & 1/4 of the batteries...
Oops, I finally triggered the demise of my Photobucket account with this post.....I will be back to update this post when I find my new photo hosting site....

For those caught off guard by Photobucket's new $400/year fee to post images (like I was), Imagur seems to be easier to use and I am blown away by the quality of display on their site(sorry to go off topic, we now return to the regularly scheduled thread)....

https://i.imgur.com/Gh9U1sy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NZVb6AM.jpg

Wow just wow!

Nichia!

Banned

My collection is not for flashlights (I only have a Nitecore D11 v2), but I use rechargeables for anything else.
At the right side of the red line, 2 chargers for NP-F and BP-U type batteries shown above the chargers. NP-F mostly used for LED lights. My active AA/AAA batteries consists mostly of Camelion AlwaysReady 800Mah (24 total, 4 still in the blister pack) used for low drain devices (mouses, remotes etc), 16x Panasonic Eneloop Pro (flash usage), 8x standard eneloops, 24x Tronic Eco 2300mAh (used in AA->NP-F adapters shown at the pic too) and 8x Tronic Eco still in the blister pack, 2x Samsung Q30 and 2x supposedly LG HG2 but they seem to be fake (probably LG HE or something like that). There also various other brands of AA and AAA in the boxes but these are of lower quality or older ones (still functional however but not for critical use). Chargers include Liitokala Lii-500, 2x Maha MC9000 with C&D size adapters (placed in one maha), Sanyo Eneloop MQR-06W, Sony BCG-34HRE, Soshine SCU1, a solar AA/AAA charger and a quite older dumb/timer one Powerman PWR U250 for 9V charging and deep discharging of batteries (down to 0V if needed). There are a few more batteries here and there and a couple more chargers (dumb and USB) not shown in the pic, bored to dig up the house to find them :wave:.

That's a lot of power:)

Bourbon City

Newly Enlightened
I don't have any pictures, but I have the following Batteries and Chargers:

AAA: 8
AA: 12
C: 12
14500: 8
18650: 16
1 EBL LCD Smart Quick Charger
1 NiteCore Digicharger D4
1 Thrunite MCC 4S

Bright Bird

Newly Enlightened
Can't quite compete, but I guess everyone has to start somewhere! :)

NxD9Qpd.jpg

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
0u79Xzh.jpg

left pack: 102pcs Samsung 26F
right pack: 102pcs ATL (amperex)

McbvssG.jpg

52pcs Sanyo GA

when i start building an electric car i'll buy a lot more

9aZIaSK.jpg

i won't go into my slot-based chargers anymore, not interesting enough :)

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh boy. Give me a few days to give you an estimate. I think I have enough to power most of my 324 flashlights.

Ok here we go. And no, I wasn't about to take pictures:

10440 = 7
14500 = 11
16340 = 19
18350 = 16
17670 = 2
18650 unprotected button top = 16
Protected button top = 27
Unprotected flat top = 35
Protected flat top = 47
Rechargeable AA:
Duracell = 28
Eneloop = 42
Other = 6
Rechargeable AAA:
Duracell = 8
Eneloop = 20
Other = 7
Rechargeable 9v = 1
Lithium AA = 16
AAA = 16
Cr2 = 4
Cr123 = 12
Alkaline:
9v = 14
Cr123 = 66
AA = 138
AAA = 66
C = 29
D = 22
Cr2 = 5
N-type = 5 (for peak)

I also have 42 AA and 21 AAA alkalines that are used but I keep them for use in vampires

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang it! I forgot the chargers! 6, 4-bay li-ion chargers, 4, 2-bay li-ion chargers, 8 single bay li-ion chargers, & 8, 4-bay nimh aa/aaa chargers

david57strat

Enlightened
I only have 90 lights, but I have batteries to run every light, and a few spares. I say only 90, because many people here have hundreds of lights, and a lot of them are full-on custom-built jobs that I could only ever dream of affording. My collection pales, in comparison to any of theirs.

In total, 90 lights, running on 132 batteries. As you can tell, by viewing the purple portion of the pie chart below, the 18650 is my battery of choice, for a vast majority of the lights - especially EDC lights.

s8fhwPm.jpg

Interesting question about the chargers :)

DIvOfa1.jpg

Humble beginnings.

When I first discovered what EDC stood for, and started carrying decent flashlights, my first lithium ion chargers were a pair of Nitecore i4 V2s (long since, gone), then my first XTAR charger - a VP2. It didn't take long before the chargers started spontaneously multiplying.

s6Ftf3W.jpg

I added a pair of D4s, then a pair of VC4s.

This was back when I used to be able to have all of my chargers side by side, on the same exact counter space.

Those days are long gone.

Now, about four years later (see below):

Charger Still In ServiceCharger Semi-RetiredBrandModel# of ChargersChemistry
2NitecoreD42
4NitecoreSC44NiCad/NiMh/Lithium Ion, LlFePO4
2XTARMC1 Plus2Lithium Ion
01XTARMC6 Queen Ant1Lithium Ion
4XTARSV24NiCad/NiMh/Lithium Ion
4XTARVC2 Plus4NiCad/NiMh/Lithium Ion
2XTARVC42NiCad/NiMh/Lithium Ion
2XTARVP22Lithium Ion/LiFePO4
1XTARVP4 Plus Dragon1NiCad/NiMh/Lithium Ion

I'm way too lazy to actually re-type all of this, so I just copied it from an Excel spreadsheet.

In summary, 22 chargers, 19 of which are actively in use, and 3 (the MC6 and the pair of D4s). of which are semi-retired, but readily available for use.

Once again - too lazy to list the batteries, manually, but here's a screen shot of my 18650 chart, from Excel, listing the exact batteries currently in use, plus 8 Samsung 30Q, for spares.

szfp70P.jpg

Here's the breakdown of the others. I don't really care for lights that don't run on 18650 batteries; but I have some, and have rarely bought more of these type, in recent years.

AA Eneloops (1900 mAh) - 18
AA Duraloops (2450 mAh) - 28
AA LADDA (Ikea) 2450 mAh) - 16 spares

Tenergy Centura D NiMhs - 4

14500 - 8 (plus 3 spares)
16340 - 3 (plus 5 spares)
17650 - 2
18650 - 69 (plus 8 spares) - breakdown above (was previously 4. The excel spreadsheet has been updated, but not re-posted, here).
26650 - 2 (plus 3 spares)
Proprietary (in my Nitecore Tube) - 1

4MjY7wE.jpg

Here is an older picture of the chargers, in use. That La Crosse BC-700 is gone. I gave it to a friend.

kuDpMMH.jpg

I keep these two MC1 Plus units in my car. I've opted to keep this in my car, along with the two MC1 Plus units, giving me the ability to charge 6 18650 batteries at 1 Amp, each (although that'll probably rarely happen, given how religious I am about charging batteries on a regular basis - especially ones that were used earlier that day, for whatever reason.

UcDpXbx.jpg

Here is a better view of the chargers on the right.

s0ns7be.jpg

Here is the Dragon.

mxUmv15.jpg

Two more SV2s have been added, and are now housed on the left side of my desk.

A9z0HuY.jpg

Here are the four SC4s, sitting on top of an old desktop computer, to the left of my desk.

gxgrbbC.jpg

Here are the two old D4s, which were replaced by the SC4s.

XoQ9S4l.jpg

Here is the MC6 (replaced with the second pair of SC4s), which doesn't see much love - and never really has, come to think of it. I didn't really care for this charger, for numerous reasons. This has been the only XTAR charger that just didn't meet up with expectations I had.

Last edited:

david57strat

Enlightened
Batteries
49 AA Eneloops
30 AAA Eneloops
18 18650 Li-Ion
6 16340 Li-Ion
5 14500 Li-Ion

I mainly use chargers that I have designed and built . I thought I'd share them with you. Not cost effective to build but all part of the hobby I suppose. Charger on the right can charge each bay at 1A, 500mA, or 250mA. Each bay is individually controlled and doesn't matter whether it is NiMh or Li-Ion. Charger is very efficient with no heat issues at all and can do each bay at 1A at the same time. I still use the LaCrosse BC-700 a lot.

Travel case has a couple of small chargers in it. I can use them in car or hotel room.

I used my BC-700 for several years, before I started picking up multi-chemistry chargers. It was very reliable!

david57strat

Enlightened
Too many to count.

I have nearly 500 lights with batteries in them, a stockpile in case that aint enough and only 1 charger.

What???? Five hundred lights; one charger.

Say it ain't so.

Is this still the case?

Actually...how many of these lights are running on rechargeable batteries?

ven

Flashaholic
David that is simply awesome!!! :)

Mine are all over, not added any for a while as find its all under control(unlike my flashlights!)

Some work chargers

Also an XP4 charger for over spill.
This no more, dont like its slow and inconsistent charge levels(no matter what wall plug used)

Cells wise not got a clue! Quite a few, have 8x 16650's in work and around 6x 18650's, 4x AA loops and 2x 14500's. Home............20 loops of AA and AAA flavours, 26650's around 10. 18650's would be anywhere between 60 and 100 in use and 30 or so spares stored.

terjee

Enlightened
Very roughly, something like:
- 100x 18650 (24 more on the way)
- 100 AA Eneloop
- 100 CR123A
- 50 AA Lithium primaries
- 50 AAA Eneloops
- 25 AAA Lithium Primaries

I'll probably about double, then slow down.

For chargers, I try to keep it to about a dozen or so, mostly by gifting away when I get new ones.

Current lineup is mc3000, 2xSC2, 2xSC4, 3xF1, 2xF2, All-88. Need to add an Xtar or something.